Golf ball when putting?

DonW

Reaction score
Handicap
teens
I have been using E6s but recently bought a dozen Bridgestone B330RX and love everything about the ball except putting with it, it just feels kind of dead when putting. I've had a bunch of three putts lately with this ball but have had some of the best rounds scorewise so I am really torn. I use a Wilson 8813 (forged, heel shafted blade) so no insert, same as an 8802 but has alignment markings. Is it in my head or do some balls really feel that much different off the putter?

I much perfer the RX to the e-6, especially off of the putter face, much softer and easier to judge the distance it will roll.

Well, the compression of the e6 is pretty different from the B330 based on the materials used, and that the e6 is easily the softest ball in their lineup..

I think it'll just take some time to get used to it.

Well, the compression of the e6 is pretty different from the B330 based on the materials used, and that the e6 is easily the softest ball in their lineup..

I think it'll just take some time to get used to it.

I wouldn't think that compression would have to do with this. I couldn't imagine putting a ball hard enough to compress the ball. I would think that the cover of the ball would be the factor. I could be completely wrong tho.

If you are having some of your best rounds with the RX, I would go to the practice green and work with it until you get comfortable with the ball on the green.

I wouldn't think that compression would have to do with this. I couldn't imagine putting a ball hard enough to compress the ball. I would think that the cover of the ball would be the factor. I could be completely wrong tho.

If you are having some of your best rounds with the RX, I would go to the practice green and work with it until you get comfortable with the ball on the green.

I figured a softer cover would go hand in hand with the greater compression... Haha, I'm probably wrong, but I can honestly say that when I used the e6, I felt it was 'balata' soft haha

why not just carry both and switch the ball on the green? I thought you could mark it and just replace the ball, no? At least do this if it's not tourney play till you get used to the RX.

why not just carry both and switch the ball on the green? I thought you could mark it and just replace the ball, no? At least do this if it's not tourney play till you get used to the RX.

You can't do that in tourney play. Is it that you don't like the feel or that you are just not used to it?

Another suggestion to consider is possibly trying a few different putters to see if they give you a better feel with the RX. Personally, I like the way the RX putts. For what it's worth, I'm using an old Odyssey white steel blade putter.

whatever ball you start the hole with, you have to finish with, unless u lose it obviously

They feel great to me off the putter and every other club. I love the B330RX.

I love the feel of the B330RX when putting, easily the nicest feeling ball I have used for a while

ProV1 for me! The feel is unmatched IMO. Looking forward to testing the Penta out though :D

It's not in your head. Different golf balls actually do feel different off the putter, and a ball that you like from tee to green might not be the ball you enjoy putting with the most.

I really like the Srixon Trispeed ball from the tee and fairway. On the green, it feels a tad too light and unstable for me in comparison to the Callaway Tour i(z) and Taylormade TP Black that I also play regularly. I also use the B330RX and can find nothing wrong with that ball for any part of my game.

So, you can either practice more with the Bridgestone B330RX to get used to its feel on the greens and when putting at various distances, or you can find another ball that you enjoy as much from the tee and fairway, but is also good for you on the putting surface. But the different feel is not in your head and is real - but you can gain experience with the ball and adjust to it if you want.

I much perfer the RX to the e-6, especially off of the putter face, much softer and easier to judge the distance it will roll.

I have to agree here. I love the RX off the putter.

To me, some balls just sound different and I suspect much of that has to do with the cover.

Is it that you don't like the feel or that you are just not used to it?

I guess I'm just a little frustrated as it really threw me off, always leaving it short and then blow way by the hole when I tell myself not to leave it short. I still have half the box of B330RXs left so hopefully it will come around with more play. It works so well for me otherwise I'm pretty determined to get it to work for my putting.

For those who suggested different putter, that isn't going to happen, only used an 8802/8813 for the past twenty years.

Back