TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

It will Young One T. speaking from experience.

My last couple of rounds with the R11 have been brutal, turns out it was the Indian. I am working hard on finding my driver swing again. I hope it comesback soon

My last couple of rounds with the R11 have been brutal, turns out it was the Indian. I am working hard on finding my driver swing again. I hope it comesback soon

swing change before the outing? Luckily you have that M1 in the bag

swing change before the outing? Luckily you have that M1 in the bag

not a swing change, but I found out what I was doing wrong. more of a swing fix I hope

Had a great day with both driver and FW. It seems that my swing appeared and was working it. I am really liking the accuracy of this driver. Today I had it set on stnd and open and was getting a nice trajectory towards my target. Love the sounds off these faces!

I'm considering getting a heavier weight for the heel of my R11. Has anyone monkeyed around with adding extra weight to the heel for the draw bias?

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

Well I bought the R11 Vegan702 was offering on the classifieds last month, and was having some good fun hitting it.
I was getting decent distance with the RIP ß that was in it, so I decided to game it yesterday through 18. My best drives were around 260-280 yards all told (I can do that with my FT-iQ, despite its whippy shaft). My buddy who is a huge taylormade fan asked to try it through the round because he was considering buying one, so I let him use it whenever he felt like it, and it was a match made in heaven.
He was easily driving 300-315 yards based on the markers and other reference points, and on one hole that was 361 yards to the edge of the green, on a very slight downhill, he put the ball on the fringe of the green from the tee box. It was even windless, no tail wind to help him out in the slightest. So, today, I bid adieu to my R11. I only had it for a short time, but it didn't wow me really - it's now in a better place, with someone who can use it to its full potential.
Next up: another try with the 910 series after my surprising encounter with one on Friday (see the 910 D2/D3 series thread for details!)

Well I bought the R11 Vegan702 was offering on the classifieds last month, and was having some good fun hitting it.
I was getting decent distance with the RIP ß that was in it, so I decided to game it yesterday through 18. My best drives were around 260-280 yards all told (I can do that with my FT-iQ, despite its whippy shaft). My buddy who is a huge taylormade fan asked to try it through the round because he was considering buying one, so I let him use it whenever he felt like it, and it was a match made in heaven.
He was easily driving 300-315 yards based on the markers and other reference points, and on one hole that was 361 yards to the edge of the green, on a very slight downhill, he put the ball on the fringe of the green from the tee box. It was even windless, no tail wind to help him out in the slightest. So, today, I bid adieu to my R11. I only had it for a short time, but it didn't wow me really - it's now in a better place, with someone who can use it to its full potential.
Next up: another try with the 910 series after my surprising encounter with one on Friday (see the 910 D2/D3 series thread for details!)

that was my R11 first, i sold it to Vegan, glad its getting put to good use

I have been hitting the R11 Fairway wood amazingly lately. I noticed a few things just a couple days ago. THIS THING IS LONG!!! Everytime I hit 4 Wood and my buddies hit driver I frequently find myself just a few yards behind them or even in front.

I was hitting it great today from the fairway.

R11 T3

I played a lot of golf over the weekend and put the T3 to good use. I hit it from the tee a lot today and managed to find some fairways. I seem to hit this fairway wood straight every time I put a nice, smooth swing on it from the tee box. There were a few instances where I got really quick on my downswing, which resulted in a high push/fade. My typical ball flight I am seeing from the tee box is a high "baby" draw. I'm not sure if the shaft is a little weak when I really go after it, or I am just coming over the top a bit.

I am still having some issues from the fairway. I am working on not coming in as steep and I have been making better contact, but the results are mixed. I will hit some good shots, but still some that are mediocre at best. My miss from the turf is typically a mid trajectory slice/fade or I just top it. I'm still practicing a good bit from the turf and am not fully confident with this shot, yet.

TaylorMade R11 TP 5 Wood

TaylorMade R11 TP 5 Wood

I was wondering if anyone has any of the fairway woods, TP or not TP and was wondering what they think of them versus some of their previous woods. Any comments?

There is an entire thread on the TM fairway woods. TM sent some out and extensive testing has been going on. I play the 3 wood and I love it. Search for the TM R11 driver and fairway wood thread and you will find tons of info!

Dr. Teeth:

How do you like that Kai'li in your fairway? I am looking at the Superfast TP fairway and am considering that shaft. I am trying to decide between the 70 and 80.

Thanks!

Dr. Teeth:

How do you like that Kai'li in your fairway? I am looking at the Superfast TP fairway and am considering that shaft. I am trying to decide between the 70 and 80.

Thanks!

I love that shaft. I have the 80g and it does exactly what it is supposed to. Very stout and yet so responsive. I tried a bunch of different shafts while at The Kingdom and this was the one that they recommended for my 3 wood.

Dr.

Thanks for the reply. Are you playing the S or X? My driver SS is 98-100 with a smooth tempo. Currently playing the R11 TP with the TP Blur 65 in stiff and loving it. DG s300 in my irons. I am hoping I can handle the Kai'li in stiff.

Dr.

Thanks for the reply. Are you playing the S or X? My driver SS is 98-100 with a smooth tempo. Currently playing the R11 TP with the TP Blur 65 in stiff and loving it. DG s300 in my irons. I am hoping I can handle the Kai'li in stiff.

I play the X, but it sounds to me like the Stiff would be perfect. Definitely try to find somewhere to hit it first before you buy it. FYI the kai'li is the next generation of the Blue Board, have you had any experiences with the Blue Board shafts?

Yes, I had a BB in my previous driver. Reg flex and my misses were left. Since going to stiff flexes no left problems.

Yes, I had a BB in my previous driver. Reg flex and my misses were left. Since going to stiff flexes no left problems.

Sounds like you got a winner then!

I was intend to buy a TaylorMade R11 hybrid yesterday, but after my brother ask me to try the Adams IDEA Tech V3 Hybrid, I like both of them, now I really don't know which one I should get, any good suggestion, please?

I was intend to buy a TaylorMade R11 hybrid yesterday, but after my brother ask me to try the Adams IDEA Tech V3 Hybrid, I like both of them, now I really don't know which one I should get, any good suggestion, please?

Tricky woo. I think they're better at different things
V3 sets up open so if you're a slicer, you might have problems if you don't adjust the angle
V3 has better turf interaction IMO if you sweep or overly dig
V3 feels like the ball is coming off hotter
R11 is adjustable
R11 feels more solid
R11 offers the TP model where the shaft becomes very stable and brings the slight down a bit for the high hitters

Both are great hybrids. I went with the V3 as it helped my sweeping swing a bit better and I could get the shaft I wanted for a minimal upcharge. If I couldn't get that shaft I would have been all over the R11.

I was wondering if anyone has any of the fairway woods, TP or not TP and was wondering what they think of them versus some of their previous woods. Any comments?

Hi Jag238,

I am currently testing the R11 T3 and think it is a great fairway wood. I previously gamed the R9, which I loved, and am seeing similar results from the tee. The R11 fw's are loooong from the tee and I seem to hit it straight regularly. My results are mixed from the fairway. I seem to dig pretty easily with this club, compared to the R9, and chunk a high percentage of shots. This is mostly caused by my swing, but I have been working on it quite a bit. When I manage to put a good swing from the turf on the R11, it performs great. I stuck a shot to 2' yesterday from 248 yds out, which is really good for me. My only gripe is the weakness of the Blur shaft. The shaft definitely can get a little whippy and I have been ballooning some shots, mostly from the tee box. I think last years Motore was much better as far as stock shafts go.

My driving distance has increased by +20 yards in the past few months (i've been working on my swing and getting stronger) and I feel that it leaves a large gap in distance between my driver and next longest club my 2h. I removed my FW from my bag after last season and have seen much sucess without it, but with my drives getting better and longer and my slice dissapating I'm seeing more consistent, accurate and longer drives. I hit my 2h about 210-215 and my Driver about 250. So would it be optimal to add a 3W to my bag to fill in some gaps? I really liked hitting the R11FW at the Kingdom and now I'm heavily considering one.

TM Demo Day tomorrow. I am very excited to hit the R11 3 Wood. Since I will likely only game this as another option off the tee, I may look into the T3.

Hopefully I get some answers tomorrow

Does anyone know what the weight of the shaft is on the blur 70 shaft? The TM website says 59g.... seems about 11g off.

Does anyone know what the weight of the shaft is on the blur 70 shaft? The TM website says 59g.... seems about 11g off.

It all depends on the flex. The x may be 70g but the regular may be less.

The TM site has all the fairway woods between 57g and 61g (regular to x-stiff). It's just a bit odd that they are listed at this weight considering the blur 70 is a 70g shaft under all other circumstances.

Back