Callaway UPro MX GPS

I pulled the trigger this afternoon. I came back to my office and called their customer service to complain about the pro mode not being available and they told me that it is supposed to be up Monday and they will email everyone and he asked for my email. There was no offer made for the free upgrade so as CG suspected this is probably not their standard response.

Monday is NOT an official release date. Speculation from a CSR makes Callaway look bad when Monday comes along. Especially Since Monday is a Holiday.

I saw the course search for the new website before they took it down. Its a 1000 times nicer.

Yeah, I meant more regarding the course availability being comparable, not the site.

But nice to hear it's better.

Yeah, I meant more regarding the course availability being comparable, not the site.

But nice to hear it's better.

Sorry I misunderstood. Yes it is the same course availability so its a good idea to research your courses you play prior to purchasing as courses can take forever to get mapped.

Well I hope that everyone that bought one and won't get the pro mode will get something in return like CG13. Good luck with this everyone. I'm excited to hear reviews and see some videos especially of the "fly-over" feature"

I considered this GPS but opted for the Garmin Approach G3.

Sorry I misunderstood. Yes it is the same course availability so its a good idea to research your courses you play prior to purchasing as courses can take forever to get mapped.

This is one of the reasons I like myCaddiePro for the iPhone so much. If a course hasn't been mapped, you can map it yourself in about 20 minutes on the website, using Google maps. It works very well.

And it is completely free.

Monday is NOT an official release date. Speculation from a CSR makes Callaway look bad when Monday comes along. Especially Since Monday is a Holiday.
Well since they released it without the website being up is there really a difference in how they look if its not up on Monday as they said?

This is one of the reasons I like myCaddiePro for the iPhone so much. If a course hasn't been mapped, you can map it yourself in about 20 minutes on the website, using Google maps. It works very well.

And it is completely free.

In turn however Golf GPS apps on the phone normally will drain your battery before you even finish a full round.

@SVGCHacker its far worse to promise a date and then miss it, then to be honest and admit that there is not a specific date until you know 100% for sure

In turn however Golf GPS apps on the phone normally will drain your battery before you even finish a full round.

@SVGCHacker its far worse to promise a date and then miss it, then to be honest and admit that there is not a specific date until you know 100% for sure

Golfshot GPS doesn't drain my battery when I use it for a full round. As long as you put your phone to sleep when not in use you are fine. I always get GPS locks as soon as I press the wake button

intheholegolf has the UPro MX for $169.96 after coupon.

• SUBTOTAL$199.95
  • Sales Tax$0.00
  • Coupon: MEM15($29.99)
  • TOTAL COST$169.96

Golfshot GPS doesn't drain my battery when I use it for a full round. As long as you put your phone to sleep when not in use you are fine. I always get GPS locks as soon as I press the wake button

I've used Golshot too...it does the job fairly well and dosen't drain all your battery. It left my phone at about 48-55% after each round.

intheholegolf has the UPro MX for $169.96 after coupon.

• SUBTOTAL$199.95
  • Sales Tax$0.00
  • Coupon: MEM15($29.99)
  • TOTAL COST$169.96

wow thats a deal, usually they dont lower an new stuff

Trigger Pulled!!! I couldn't help myself! Sorry about the brutal phone pics..

Front Cover

FrontCover.jpg

Back Cover:

BackCover.jpg

Powered Off:

PowerOffFront.jpg

Powered On:

PowerOnMainImage.jpg

Like CG, I've put in an email to Callaway asking about the ProMode... In fairness, I am seriously amped up about it and really wanted to see it tonight haha... I've got four rounds this weekend, and I'm pretty disappointed it's going to have to be in Basic/GoMode..

Two things..

1 - The time updated shortly after I took the photos, so no worries there..
2 - Keep your hands washed on Monday and I might let you play with this bad boy Mike haha!

Two things..

1 - The time updated shortly after I took the photos, so no worries there..
2 - Keep your hands washed on Monday and I might let you play with this bad boy Mike haha!

im thinking of buying it too, but probably online to save the $30, im hoping from the whites Monday I dont need it LOL

did ur buddy sign up for the round too?

im thinking of buying it too, but probably online to save the $30, im hoping from the whites Monday I dont need it LOL

did ur buddy sign up for the round too?

Yeah he's in. I bought it at Golf Galaxy, but I had a 50 off 250 that was sent in the mail to me (you should probably have that too!) so I ended up basically getting a free :nike: Vr hat and one dozen of the new :bridgestone: e7 balls!

Yeah he's in. I bought it at Golf Galaxy, but I had a 50 off 250 that was sent in the mail to me (you should probably have that too!) so I ended up basically getting a free :nike: Vr hat and one dozen of the new :bridgestone: e7 balls!

wait, I didnt think u could use those coupons on new release stuff???

wait, I didnt think u could use those coupons on new release stuff???

They didn't put up a fight at all.. Honestly I thought so too, but figured I would give it a shot! Worked like a charm!

They didn't put up a fight at all.. Honestly I thought so too, but figured I would give it a shot! Worked like a charm!

well it just so happens I will be in the neighborhood of one tomorrow and will have to give it a shot

Thanks for the pics Canadan. The MX looks pretty sweet.

CG, I am really looking forward to your review. That was really cool of Callaway to upgrade you for free. I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger.

No problem DD! Hopefully I remember tomorrow and I'll get some pics with it on course in sunlight.

Right on, those would be great. Good luck tomorrow!

if i was gonna buy a GPS unit this would be the one, mainly because of price and i just love the features it mentions, also its small and looks good. The price is the real shocker to me that makes me wanna pick one up later on in the summer.

I knew it was small before I bought it but I was still surprised at how small and light it was when I opened the box. I'm looking forward to using it this weekend but can't wait until they open up the website for pro mode. I was messing around with it a little bit when I got home yesterday. While it was not midday sun I was able to see the screen in the sunlight which I was happy about and the navigation seems pretty intuitive.

Back