The Edel EAS Putters

I think more people would be better served with no sight alignment. Its wild but it works.
I think…well, I know now that I’ve been educated on it in one of the coolest experiences ever, but I think that depends on your alignment tendencies. What changing shapes and trying about 8 different line combos did today on the laser was nothing short of mind melting for me.

I think…well, I know now that I’ve been educated on it in one of the coolest experiences ever, but I think that depends on your alignment tendencies. What changing shapes and trying about 8 different line combos did today on the laser was nothing short of mind melting for me.

Sounds like a cool experience.

Best putter fitting I’ve ever gone through, bar none.

For those curious, here are the specs we ended up at:

EAS 1.0 headshape
15g weight
No site-line, No top-line
36”
2.0* Loft
70* Lie
Onset Shaft
Round Grip (standard, not slim)
No Counterbalance
30g Opti-Vibe set 5” down handle

The story of getting to this is the real dandy though. WOW.

EAS 1.0 headshape
15g weight
36”
2.0* Loft
70* Lie
Onset Shaft

No Counterbalance

These points are interesting to me.. Need more info as to why these specs..

These points are interesting to me.. Need more info as to why these specs..
I don’t want to spoil the article, but I love to talk shop, hahaha

SO…which specs in particular?

I must have missed you have an article coming. But the onset set up and the length. I knew you liked an bit longer putter but 36? And onset, what does that accomplish.

I must have missed you have an article coming. But the onset set up and the length. I knew you liked an bit longer putter but 36? And onset, what does that accomplish.
This is the second time I’ve been fit to 36”, at 6’3 it puts me in a more correct posture making it easier to set up in a repeatable manner and see the line best. I’ve sneaked back to 35-35.5 in recent years because of review putters usually being 34-35 but today reminded me immediately how much better 36 is for me.

Onset for Edel is no offset, so it gives the look of a CS. More importantly, it helps get alignment left and combined with the blade head it moved my alignment on the laser about 24” from 10-12 feet. :oops:

This is the second time I’ve been fit to 36”, at 6’3 it puts me in a more correct posture making it easier to set up in a repeatable manner and see the line best. I’ve sneaked back to 35-35.5 in recent years because of review putters usually being 34-35 but today reminded me immediately how much better 36 is for me.

Onset for Edel is no offset, so it gives the look of a CS. More importantly, it helps get alignment left and combined with the blade head it moved my alignment on the laser about 24” from 10-12 feet. :oops:

Interesting....

Interesting....
Want me to break your mind more? Any alignment setup we tried had me aiming more right, except two flange lines which had me on target, but ADDING about 2* loft to the putter.

The laser is amazing.

Stop wasting time and get writing 🙂.
Also curious as to the decision making behind the various specs. 36" length, head and shaft weights, sight lines are ones that stick out to me. Basically all of them 🙂. That's the beauty of Edel putters. So many different details to customize.

Want me to break your mind more? Any alignment setup we tried had me aiming more right, except two flange lines which had me on target, but ADDING about 2* loft to the putter.

The laser is amazing.

Hmmm....... Where they able to say why that is? Are left eye dominant or something?

Stop wasting time and get writing 🙂.
Also curious as to the decision making behind the various specs. 36" length, head and shaft weights, sight lines are ones that stick out to me. Basically all of them 🙂. That's the beauty of Edel putters. So many different details to customize.
Customizing is fun, proper fit is more fun!

Soo.... This means putter sell off right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Some, but I still collect even if I don’t use them, I’ve got lots of boutique putters that haven’t seen a course in a long time, but I still love them.

This is more in line with the, can I use a putter for a full year realm. Based on what I saw today, yes.

Hmmm....... Where they able to say why that is? Are left eye dominant or something?
I’m a left eye dominant right handed putter, so by nature what I see ends up right, exaggeratedly when it comes to flange lines and larger/deeper shapes which push the visual even more that way. Best part? It’s all science.

Some, but I still collect even if I don’t use them, I’ve got lots of boutique putters that haven’t seen a course in a long time, but I still love them.

This is more in line with the, can I use a putter for a full year realm. Based on what I saw today, yes.

I was just kidding anyway.

I’m a left eye dominant right handed putter, so by nature what I see ends up right, exaggeratedly when it comes to flange lines and larger/deeper shapes which push the visual even more that way. Best part? It’s all science.

That is why I asked. I wondered if that was why. right handed left eye dominant will always lead to looking left. I have the same issue.

That is why I asked. I wondered if that was why. right handed left eye dominant will always lead to looking left. I have the same issue.
Which is the coolest part of it all, a deeper more rounded shape will pull your alignment back right, as will their double wide and the way the flange is curved. The science is wild, and honestly, the Edel fitting when done by someone that understands the kit and science really well is beyond eye opening. You should go give it a try!

Which is the coolest part of it all, a deeper more rounded shape will pull your alignment back right, as will their double wide and the way the flange is curved. The science is wild, and honestly, the Edel fitting when done by someone that understands the kit and science really well is beyond eye opening. You should go give it a try!

Nearest locations. about 120 miles away..

1640643829604.png

My level of excitement after today is about at 15 out of 10.

I’m a good putter, I always have been, but there are times I know I’m just not seeing things correctly and my alignment isn’t right, today addressed that. When we got things dialed in Ryan had me just roll putts to all the different holes on the putting green, my choice on targets, and I picked some HARD breaking putts, both ways, as well as uphill and downhill movers just to see if I could hit my lines. On about 30-40 putts Id say conservatively I hit my aim 95% of the time as he would move in when I looked down to pull the trigger and mark my target line with his foot. It was downright hilarious how confident I was.

Can't wait for the article. This stuff is super interesting to me. Could explain why my tendency is to miss right.

EAS 1.0 headshape
15g weight
36”
2.0* Loft
70* Lie
Onset Shaft
No Counterbalance

One of the things that we didn't mess with last time I had my hands in the fitting cart was the opti-vibe weight, although I'm admittedly curious.

Did you notice big differences depending on where you put it? Since no counter balance, I assume the lower it went, the more comfortable it felt?

One of the things that we didn't mess with last time I had my hands in the fitting cart was the opti-vibe weight, although I'm admittedly curious.

Did you notice big differences depending on where you put it? Since no counter balance, I assume the lower it went, the more comfortable it felt?
After we got heashape and neck, as well as alignment (nekkid! Haha) we moved to working on weight, with just the weight in the head only my right hand was getting active in the stroke, I was trying to find the words to say it when Ryan mentioned it aloud before I could by watching my stroke. He wanted to take the right hand out of it for me, so 30g about 5” down and WHAMMY, the level of connectedness I had with BOTH hands on the grip and no one overpowering the other was staggering. I truly didn’t expect it to make a difference.

Can't wait for the article. This stuff is super interesting to me. Could explain why my tendency is to miss right.
The whole thing is so science-y (new term lol) but SO easy to understand.

An Edel fitting is something I really want to do and I have a few options (within a few hours of me) but is there a way to find out if they are a really good fitter for Edel? If I'm going to spend the money I want to make sure I can get the same kind of experience @Jman had today.

Back