Android Phone Thread

It's official I have Froyo! Woohoo! There is a really cool feature on it called Sprint ID where you can pick different themes and they create a homepage for you that has a ton of apps that are based on that theme. I have one for golf and one for fitness and nutrition. I am still playing with it now but so far I like it.

It's official I have Froyo! Woohoo! There is a really cool feature on it called Sprint ID where you can pick different themes and they create a homepage for you that has a ton of apps that are based on that theme. I have one for golf and one for fitness and nutrition. I am still playing with it now but so far I like it.

Sweet! That means you now have Flash too, so you're pretty happy I imagine. Too bad you're not on an HTC phone like JB (and the rest of us EVO users) because the Sense UI is awesome. I need to check out the Sprint ID feature - sounds slick.

I have thought about rooting my phone and putting Froyo on it because Sprint won't release it for the HTC Hero.

Sweet! That means you now have Flash too, so you're pretty happy I imagine. Too bad you're not on an HTC phone like JB (and the rest of us EVO users) because the Sense UI is awesome. I need to check out the Sprint ID feature - sounds slick.

Yup, I now have flash and I am very excited! I have been waiting for this since October of last year. Sprint kept promising us it was coming but then we never got it. Then they released it and there were a ton of problems so they stopped but now it's here. The Sprint IT thing is pretty cool.

I can see the pattern locking feature on my friend's droid being a definite issue when inebriated...

I'm curious what thoughts are on the battery life of the HTC EVO for using it as a golf gps?

I haven't used any golf gps apps on my EVO yet, but the battery life is pretty lousy in general. I keep the "Use GPS Satellites" setting off, along with 4G off and it only syncs with Outlook once every 2 hours, yet I STILL have to charge my phone every night. Other than battery life, it's a great phone.

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.
Almost bricked it!
I am very very geeky.
I travel with clients, so it has lots of entertaining trivia apps. Great for amusement of several rows while sitting on the tarmac. Gmail, facebook(my age is showing), ESPN, USAToday, and many more useless time wasters.

Just ordered a Samsung Infuse online last night and it should be here tomorrow, I have been reading this thread with lots of interest as I have never owned a smartphone before, looking forward to trying out many of the apps listed. My question is I see everyone using Tapatalk, is there a version better than others, or is Tapatalk the same no matter the source you download it from? Thanks in advance for your advice.

As long as you have the current model (updates frequently), it should be the same.

Thanks for the quick response JB, I look forward to moving into the 21st century as far as phones go.

Most people I know with these phones say it's so much better than the iPhone...
Do you guys feel the same way?

Most people I know with these phones say it's so much better than the iPhone...
Do you guys feel the same way?

Having had both, they both have their positives and negatives. I prefer my Android, but liked the IPhone as well.

I haven't had an iPhone but I did have a blackberry before and I love my Droid so much better.I have the HTC thunderbolt and its pretty awesome.

Having had both, they both have their positives and negatives. I prefer my Android, but liked the IPhone as well.

What would you say the deal breaker was JB? I'm looking for a new phone and love iPhones, but don't know much about Driods.

I just joined the Android phone team. Ported my number to sprint and picked up the EVO 3D. I love it!!! Its a little touch sensitive and the battery blows but I can easily account for those two things.

The 3D is something that is cooler than I thought it would be.

I just joined the Android phone team. Ported my number to sprint and picked up the EVO 3D. I love it!!! Its a little touch sensitive and the battery blows but I can easily account for those two things.

The 3D is something that is cooler than I thought it would be.

I use the original EVO and can tell you the best thing I ever did was order the extended battery for $50. Get plenty of power now.

I use the original EVO and can tell you the best thing I ever did was order the extended battery for $50. Get plenty of power now.

+1. You can do this or order some spares off of eBay that come with the wall charger. These phones do go through battery if you use them heavily. I go through a regular battery in ~12-14 hours under normal use for me (which is probably high for most people).

Thanks for the tip, I get a service credit for porting my number... I think that may be the ticket right there. I wouldnt even mind if it added some bulk. The phone is so slim. I can't believe I've looked over HTC for so long.

Did you have the sensitivity issues? It's not bad but sometimes I'll just barely touch the back button with a part of my hand. I mean it's better than not responding.

This is one of my single biggest complaints with Android, as nice as the hardware is they all seem to have bad battery life, some even terrible.

Thanks for the tip, I get a service credit for porting my number... I think that may be the ticket right there. I wouldnt even mind if it added some bulk. The phone is so slim. I can't believe I've looked over HTC for so long.

Did you have the sensitivity issues? It's not bad but sometimes I'll just barely touch the back button with a part of my hand. I mean it's better than not responding.

Never had that problem at all. You may want to check the settings.
The double battery adds some girth to it, but I go 2 days without charging now. When I am using heavy, I can still do a full day.

I'll be messing around wth the settings soon. I plan on using the 3D alot. It's just cool. I wouldnt mind the extra girth. Its really slim as is anyway.

Never had that problem at all. You may want to check the settings.
The double battery adds some girth to it, but I go 2 days without charging now. When I am using heavy, I can still do a full day.

Haha, yeah. I was a little concerned but I can manage until I get the extended battery.

This is one of my single biggest complaints with Android, as nice as the hardware is they all seem to have bad battery life, some even terrible.

Good route to check. Especially if it takes thema bit to credit me.

+1. You can do this or order some spares off of eBay that come with the wall charger. These phones do go through battery if you use them heavily. I go through a regular battery in ~12-14 hours under normal use for me (which is probably high for most people).

Mine too, but the extra battery cured it and made it above and beyond. Plus being able to change the battery is kind of a nice bonus...hehe

Back