THP Joins Grand Cypress

Congrats guys. GG makes is sound like she will have time for golf. After reading her posts in 5-10-15 i dont know when she will fit it in.

This was actually something I said to JB when we were signing up. I will need to find a way to balance the two I am determined to stick with the new workout plan and get better at golf. I hope I can find a way to juggle everything.

Playing Golf helps you get fit and keep fit, you just need to walk instead of drive a cart.

Looks great Guys, hope you both have plenty of great rounds there

Playing Golf helps you get fit and keep fit, you just need to walk instead of drive a cart.

Looks great Guys, hope you both have plenty of great rounds there

Unfortunately, walking is not an option as this course, or most courses in our area. The holes are often too spread out and courses won't allow walkers.

Congratulations to both of you! Looks like a great resort and club to be a member of, I`m not envious at all. :D

Unfortunately, walking is not an option as this course, or most courses in our area. The holes are often too spread out and courses won't allow walkers.
That really is a disappointment regrading most courses in Florida. It's too bad, the New Course is especially conducive to walking. You are going to love it at that place.

That I didn't know, is it too help to increase the speed of play?

Sometimes. Other times it is because of the sheer amount of distance between golf holes.

Awesome to hear guys! If I was in Florida i'd definitely take advantage of joining that course!

That really is a disappointment regrading most courses in Florida. It's too bad, the New Course is especially conducive to walking. You are going to love it at that place.

I have always wondered what it would be like to walk a course. Our old home course allowed it because it was a really short course and all the holes were on top of each other but I never had the right equipment to walk. I have an extremely heavy cart bag and trying to carry that for 18 would have been torture.

Sometimes. Other times it is because of the sheer amount of distance between golf holes.

Like JB said a little of both. Our course in Tampa wrapped around a massive neighborhood and it would have taken forever to walk that course. That would easily be a 6+ hour round.

I have always wondered what it would be like to walk a course. Our old home course allowed it because it was a really short course and all the holes were on top of each other but I never had the right equipment to walk. I have an extremely heavy cart bag and trying to carry that for 18 would have been torture.
Yeah, but think about all of the calories you would have burned. :D

Thats awesome congrats to you and GG. I think I might join you for a round soon ...If you let me.......haha

Congrats - great looking course! I am sure you guys will enjoy it immensely.

Congrats!!!! Glad I will be there next week...hehe

I think it's about time for me to visit my best friend down in Winter Park. :drool:

Great stuff...congrats JB and GG...I'm sure you'll get years of enjoyment out of the club!

GG and I are going to head over and try out the practice holes tomorrow for the first time. Looking forward to trying them out.

GG and I are going to head over and try out the practice holes tomorrow for the first time. Looking forward to trying them out.

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

That sounds like a blast. I also think the Par 3 course could be an amazing way to practice your scoring game.

That sounds like a blast. I also think the Par 3 course could be an amazing way to practice your scoring game.

The 3 practice holes I love as well. A par 3 par 4 and par 5. They feature all the trouble you would find on the regular course and are great to practice.

I'm very jealous, that is one thing that we don't have around here is a decent practice area to speak of. Driving ranges sure, but nothing more than driving ranges with some flags and putting greens. I'd love a decent practice facility.

The 3 practice holes I love as well. A par 3 par 4 and par 5. They feature all the trouble you would find on the regular course and are great to practice.

I sense a challange here for Thainer, if he can get through the practice holes in under 28 he can be allowed to get out on the course..lol

I'm very jealous, that is one thing that we don't have around here is a decent practice area to speak of. Driving ranges sure, but nothing more than driving ranges with some flags and putting greens. I'd love a decent practice facility.

Next time you are in town, you have to experience this one. Practice holes, multiple putting greens, bunker practice. It really has it all. And of course a TMPL on site as well.

Back