knox co mike

Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
I am interested in finding an instructional dvd or well illustrated book on yoga regimens for golfers. I have always enjoyed lifting weights, but as I am getting a little older (44 in a week) I am seeking a workout that will provide an alternative to the weights and increase my flexibility too. I'm hoping some of you folks might have some experience in this realm. Thank you in advance.
Knox Co Mike

http://www.yogaforgolfers.com/
Good tips at this site, along with some DVD's.

I bought this several years ago from her, which I just starting working on again due to lower back issues.
88511.jpg

I'm a big fan of Mindy Boysen's Fit for Golf, Fit for Life DVD series. I bought one for starters and ended up getting all three dvd's. I did my research and she was one of few that was TPI certified. The same TPI organization that hosts: Golf Fitness on the Golf Channel. The first dvd focuses on flexibility, strength and balance. The second DVD uses a medicine ball and the last uses a big yoga balancing ball. I consider myself to be in above average shape and find the workouts to be challenging. Not extreme, but challenging. I totally credit her dvd's for helping me make a full shoulder turn in my backswing. Long story short, I highly recommend her three dvd's to everyone.

I have taken some yoga classes and worked out to several DVD's and I have found out that for me just doing Yoga helps my golf game. A lot of the classes that I went to encorporated a full range of poses that worked the entire body. You might pick several DVD's that you can rotate out that way you don't grow bored with just one session.

I could get into this. I like mixing in Yoga once in a while for workout purposes. I know I felt much better all around when I was doing it regularly, and if it can help with the golf game even a little I'm all about it.

9403936.jpg

I can't believe Hank Haney's wife Suzanne hasn't done a YOGA FOR GOLFERS DVD yet. She is totally into yoga and would I LOVE to have her body. I'll have to tweet her about that. Ha! Twitter makes everyone seem so accessible.

Yoga is also important to apply for Golf players is just astonishing,I love it and it is awesome information and guidance.Thanks and keep sharing.

I'm a big fan of Mindy Boysen's Fit for Golf, Fit for Life DVD series. I bought one for starters and ended up getting all three dvd's. I did my research and she was one of few that was TPI certified. The same TPI organization that hosts: Golf Fitness on the Golf Channel. The first dvd focuses on flexibility, strength and balance. The second DVD uses a medicine ball and the last uses a big yoga balancing ball. I consider myself to be in above average shape and find the workouts to be challenging. Not extreme, but challenging. I totally credit her dvd's for helping me make a full shoulder turn in my backswing. Long story short, I highly recommend her three dvd's to everyone.

Mindy was my personal trainer for a couple months. My game and fitness improved significantly during that time. She's a very nice person and a pretty fair golfer as well. I giver her my highest recommendation. She's also TPI certified.

To be the good and Dexter of the game, a sports man should be fit and smart, So the golf players should keep in mind these steps to get the fitness of the body.

I think as a senior golfer it might be a good thing for me to look into a little yoga for the flexibility.

I've recently started the Insanity work out plan (think p90x). There is a recovery workout DVD that includes some serious stretching and yoga moves into the workout. It has been great for my game, giving me a ton more flexibility. But exercise in general will do that.

Yoga is very helpful in playing games like football and golf. Yoga gives flexibility to our body to move any side quickly. There are lots of yoga exercises for golf which you can search on google. You will feel better performance after doing yoga.

I have back issues and really need to start doing yoga. My wife goes 2x/week at least and is going through an instructor class starting in January. She keeps begging me to go...

I have back issues and really need to start doing yoga. My wife goes 2x/week at least and is going through an instructor class starting in January. She keeps begging me to go...

It's so much fun. I started taking Hot Yoga and I have been going 2-3 times a week (although I skipped last week and paid for it this week). It's amazing how much improvement you will see in such a short period of time. Plus your whole body feels better after. And there are always guys in my class, so don't worry about being the only guy.

That's awesome that your wife is taking the instructor class. The girl who teaches my class used to be a pastry chef and then fell in love with Yoga and became a full time instructor.

It's so much fun. I started taking Hot Yoga and I have been going 2-3 times a week (although I skipped last week and paid for it this week). It's amazing how much improvement you will see in such a short period of time. Plus your whole body feels better after. And there are always guys in my class, so don't worry about being the only guy.

That's awesome that your wife is taking the instructor class. The girl who teaches my class used to be a pastry chef and then fell in love with Yoga and became a full time instructor.

Thanks for that GG - you may have just pushed me over the edge into actually going through with it! My wife is a RN right now and just works like 24-30 hours/week by choice and loves taking yoga so much that she wants to teach on the side for the fun of it. She keeps telling me it will help....perhaps I should start listening, huh? :D

I need to check this out, the stretching and work I'm doing right now is sort of ad-lib and I'm sore as can be after only a short time. I really think I'm stiffer now than I was starting out, lol.

I used to practice yoga and meditation on a regular basis. I stopped several years ago, for some unknown reason, prob just lazy.

This is so odd that this thread would pop up, must have a significant meaning to it because for the last few weeks thoughts of this have been popping up in my mind.

Having done this in the past I appreciate what it has to offer for the mind, body and soul. Being 64 my ole body needs all the help I can give it.

Thanks for starting this thread Mike, you've help me commit to get started again!

I love me some yoga. Never tried hot yoga but there is a studio near mi casa. Will have to give it a try....of course if I make TMC I'll go all the time...hehehehe

I love me some yoga. Never tried hot yoga but there is a studio near mi casa. Will have to give it a try....of course if I make TMC I'll go all the time...hehehehe

You too, huh? Thinking I need max flexibility for kicking asses via awkward angles at MC 2.0!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Anyone still doing yoga for golf? I think I need to find some golf specific poses and create a nice routine I can do in the basement this winter while stuck inside.

Anyone still doing yoga for golf? I think I need to find some golf specific poses and create a nice routine I can do in the basement this winter while stuck inside.

While I don't know any golf specific poses and I'm even worse with the names of the poses, I do go to yoga a couple times a month when I don't feel like lifting. My gym has free classes. But there are numerous videos out there for you to do in your basement. Honestly I have found just spending 15-20 minutes just stretching while watching tv has really helped limbering me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've thought about starting to do Yoga and or stretching more, with my current workout routine.

Back