Tiger not Playing US Open

All you haters just want to see the best be humbled to make yourself feel large. What about parents as role models? I don't care what an athlete's like off the field, I just want to be entertained. Golf needs Tiger's Wood. So does the world economy. When all you haters have won 14 majors and 2 million tournaments, then you can criticize. He finished T4th at The Masters after his knee cap fell into his sock. Could Phil do that? I don't care what he acts like on the course, besides, all the other players do it too, he's just always on screen.

He's Tiger Freakin' Woods man. Tiger Freaking Woods. He's the biggest name in sports, and maybe all entertainment, of all time.

Tiger Freakin' Woods. Think about what he's done and accomplished. Really think about it. It will blow your mind, man, and you'll realize how we, as a world, need him back.

Kevin

Sh*t Yeah! What was I thinking.

Durn straight!
All you haters just want to see the best be humbled to make yourself feel large. What about parents as role models? I don't care what an athlete's like off the field, I just want to be entertained. Golf needs Tiger's Wood. So does the world economy. When all you haters have won 14 majors and 2 million tournaments, then you can criticize. He finished T4th at The Masters after his knee cap fell into his sock. Could Phil do that? I don't care what he acts like on the course, besides, all the other players do it too, he's just always on screen.

He's Tiger Freakin' Woods man. Tiger Freaking Woods. He's the biggest name in sports, and maybe all entertainment, of all time.

Tiger Freakin' Woods. Think about what he's done and accomplished. Really think about it. It will blow your mind, man, and you'll realize how we, as a world, need him back.

Kevin

I STILL hope/think he wins the US Open. And that's final.

How is it difficult to understand that when I'm talking about Tiger's suckdom, I'm talking about his suckdom since 2009 (more specifically after losing the HSBC Championship to PHIL 'MOFO'ing' Mickelson on a Sunday) at the end of 2009? I have said a brazilian times that I'm only talking about the past 20 months or so. Tiger's record will always speak for itself, that's not what's in question. There's always some excuse: the fire hydrant, the affairs, the mental state, the swing change, the coach change, some bs injury. Face the facts: he hasn't won in 2 years. He's ranked outside of the top 10 in the world. He's missing cuts and WD'ing from events. He can't chip or putt. He's not the longest off the tee. He's certainly not the most accurate. He's lost on Sundays with a lead going into it.

Do I need to go on, or are we going to talk about his Masters victory in 97'?

That was a great Masters... I kid! I will be the first to admit.. he's sucked the lately. He aggravates his fans to no end by showing flashes one round and then looking like a hack the next. Do I think the Tiger of old will ever come back...NO. Those days are far gone. Like you said, he's not and will never blow it by people like he once did. Too many pure ATHLETES on tour now. Generation next is nasty good. However, do I think he's washed up... no. I fear his biggest problem isn't the scandal, the swing or the injuries... I think he's lost the passion and desire to be the best. Read an article where a reported was alarmed when Tiger was asked if the pain after his WD from the Players was as bad as 2008 and he said, "no where near, my leg was broken then". Speaks volumes... then he had the drive and desire to win on a broken leg. Granted it was a major vs a tournament he never loved that much but still makes you question where he is mentally.

Kevin

Up until reading this I was going to ebay all of my TW memorabilia. But you are right. I am off to ebay right now to burn another paycheck on the things I just cannot live without. If I had a daughter, I would hope that she could get a job at a Perkins just in case.....

Reactions: JB
Up until reading this I was going to ebay all of my TW memorabilia. But you are right. I am off to ebay right now to burn another paycheck on the things I just cannot live without. If I had a daughter, I would hope that she could get a job at a Perkins just in case.....

Hell, I am getting a job at Perkins in the hope that he is an experimenter.

For all you Tiger lovers I have his signature on his page in the program guide of the 1997 JCPenney Classic, which was his rookie year. It just sits in my closet. I'm starting to think I should post this in the marketplace to trade for a club or something I'll actually use.

For all you Tiger lovers I have his signature on his page in the program guide of the 1997 JCPenney Classic, which was his rookie year. It just sits in my closet. I'm starting to think I should post this in the marketplace to trade for a club or something I'll actually use.

If P4B had that the guide would look as if it was rubber cemented together.

Exactly. I actually like to watch good golf. Not just Tiger playing good golf. I don't need a red shirt and fist pump to make me appreciate a good shot or a clutch putt. The 18th hole putt by Toms at the Players was as exciting as anything I've ever seen.

It's Victory Red dude.

Ha JB with the burn

I now tap while I talk

I am very surprised by this, but I think it is better for him in the long run if he is trying to get healthy. Hopefully he comes back strong.

Wow.... I still hope he comes back.

I have to agree with TC, I'm not sure it's as much about an injury as it is about him not having the mental state or the game to compete on that level right now. It's better for him to bow out because of "injury" than to show, play piss poor and miss the cut at The US Open!

I mean, think about it, how much did we hear about his injuries before he walked off the course after carding 6 over par for 9 fricking holes! I think he withdrew then to keep from embarrassing himself even more by not making the cut!

nutty, but not surprising. Hope it works out good for him. Will be a great tournament regardless though!

Had him picked for the Sri on challenge and submitted but didn't have enough recent posts. Mod told me to resubmit when I did. At least I get a do over. Can't wait till he returns to form though. It's a when not an if.

I just think Tiger adds an excitement that no other golfer can. I watch whether he is playing or not, but I know some people that don't. People really want to watch him play. Some want to see him succeed, some want to see him fail miserably. Either way, it is good for everyone if he is in the field. Ratings go up, attendance typically goes up, coverage seems to increase (on ESPN at least), it is just better if he plays.

He's obviously had a look and doesn't fancy the course for his game at the moment. After all, it's a big difficult course, and has no windmills or even a clown face to hit through! It's a joke!

Baloney...Tiger isn't close to the best player on Tour...not even close. Just because you did something in the past....over 3 years ago doesn't have ANYTHING at all to do with today.

Your game is about how good you are today.

Not speaking for gbigoose1 but I believe what he was trying to say is what Nicklaus said about Tiger before the Memorial. That he is still the best on tour and pretty much every pro would agree... he's just simply not playing like it of late. His resume` more than speaks for it's self. Forget the majors... there's not a tour pro out there within 30 wins of him. Like him or not and most don't give the man his due. As far as his personal life, do I condone his actions... no way. Does it affect me... nope! If he comes back, plays well and starts winning... he can do whatever he wants. Athletes are nothing more that entertainers. They shouldn't be looked to as role models... people always talk about the kids. You want a role model for kids... how about the PARENTS. Entertainers... nothing more. Entertain me... that's all I care about.

Really disappointed he's not playing. Hope he can get these injuries sorted out and actually playing some decent golf. Looks like all the haters are happy.

Really disappointed he's not playing. Hope he can get these injuries sorted out and actually playing some decent golf. Looks like all the haters are happy.

I see this as good news. I believe his leg needs some time and rehab. to get him healthy enough to play long term tour golf. And as quoted the haters are happy too.:drinks:

There's nothing wrong with his leg that a new short game won't fix!

Back