2022 Srixon Q-Star Tour Golf Balls

I am taking the plunge as well - price is excellent for a ball with this kind of performance, and I excited to see how it performs off the tee and greenside too.
Plus you can Divide it up...See what I did there.

Since I bought 3 doz of the 2021 version back in Nov., I wonder how much better these are compared to the 2021 version. I'll probably find out next year.

Since I bought 3 doz of the 2021 version back in Nov., I wonder how much better these are compared to the 2021 version. I'll probably find out next year.

That's how I feel too... I think I still have around 2 doz in my closet right now. Great ball no matter the version.

The PGA SS had these in stock, so I picked up a dozen. Played 9 holes today, but was hard to really compare it to the old QST since it was cold and windy and I was pretty stiff most of the round. Still, it felt great off of the driver, irons, and putter. Maybe a touch firmer than the old QST. I played the QST Divide on a few shots today for comparison and got very similar results. The 2022 QST seems to have a bit more greenside spin, which was a nice surprise. It actually saved me a couple of times where I hit a pitch shot a bit too far.

I think distance was probably pretty similar to the old QST, but the cold and wind makes it difficult to determine any real differences. The results were basically what I expected distance wise. All in all, it seems like Srixon made some incremental improvements, without changing the things that made the QST such a good all around ball. I'm looking forward to playing this more to get a better feel for it and compare it more to the old QST. So far, so good though!

On a side note, I like the alignment aid on the side. It's really easy to see and line up putts, even when I take a few steps back. It's a little thing, but I liked it and figured I would mention it.

I played a couple dozen of the last generation and thought they were ok. For me they were long, soft and had ok spin. Spin was not as good as a ProV but it is also a lot less expensive so I can make adjustments. Hope the new generation tests out on the good side.

Have any of your Q-Star Tour users converted from a Z-Star? If so any regrets and have you stayed with the QST? I've been playing the Z-Star XV for years now but I spin my driver a bit too much. I love my TSi3 driver so I'm thinking of switching to this ball for a few rounds at least. I'd like more roll out on my driver as I don't get much but I don't want to sacrifice too much iron spin as I play GI irons. My local GG only has the yellow in stock for the 2022 model so I will keep waiting until they get some white balls in. At my course all of our practice balls are yellow so playing them is a disaster on the two holes that straddle the range.

Have any of your Q-Star Tour users converted from a Z-Star? If so any regrets and have you stayed with the QST? I've been playing the Z-Star XV for years now but I spin my driver a bit too much. I love my TSi3 driver so I'm thinking of switching to this ball for a few rounds at least. I'd like more roll out on my driver as I don't get much but I don't want to sacrifice too much iron spin as I play GI irons. My local GG only has the yellow in stock for the 2022 model so I will keep waiting until they get some white balls in. At my course all of our practice balls are yellow so playing them is a disaster on the two holes that straddle the range.
I swapped mainly for cost. QST is usually $12 cheaper a dozen and I don’t see a whole lot of performance difference. Maybe some green side spin, but nothing drastic.

QST has been my gamer for the past few years. Last year I did rotate between the QST and Z-Star just because I was given the Z-Stars as a gift. Distance for me was comparable, the Z-Star may have had a bit less roll out on shots to the green but it was very negligible. I'm not a high spin player so I adjust accordingly.

Played the QStar tour divides yesterday. Really liked performance off the tee and around the green.

I have not tried the 2022 line as of yet out on the course in detail, but need to rectify that.

I have not tried the 2022 line as of yet out on the course in detail, but need to rectify that.
looking forward to your thoughts.

I played this ball twice last weekend (white cover). One was a 70 degree day and the other a bit chillier in the 40’s. I only say the temp as I don’t know if that has any affect. I’ve played the Z-Star XV the past 2 years and honestly I barely noticed a difference other than how soft the Q Star Tour is compared to the clicky hard ball that is the Z-Star XV. I’m assuming at this point I’ll be playing this ball all year.

Any other reports on the 2022 Q-Star Tour balls? I'm eyeballing them in yellow and will probably grab a box tomorrow.

I can, but, I can also rock the good good aka normal white.
Picked up a dozen of the 2022 models. Still a big fan of the Divide.
Only color in stock is Red atm. Waiting on the sale to stock up for the year!

I like the q star tour divides, as the q star tour was my ball of choice. However, can’t find the divides anywhere around me.
I like them because I can really find them! Even if it is just the fairway LMAO
I have tried the Volvik lime green and I can see them….

I will be trying this ball this year. I don't know if it will hold up for me around the greens but I expect it to perform similarly to what I'm used to everywhere else

I will be trying this ball this year. I don't know if it will hold up for me around the greens but I expect it to perform similarly to what I'm used to everywhere else

i went into to grab a dozen of these but came out with Z Stars instead...guess i gotta go back?

OK well I ordered these balls off the Academy sports deal. Now I have 6 dozen laying around. Put them in play today for the first time . And this is my new ball going forward. I mean I was spinning this ball on full shots plenty. Didnt really hit many long irons today but on my mid iron shots the ball was literally dropping and stopping dead in its tracks. Maybe spun back 6 to 12 inches, if any. But with My short Irons and wedges the ball was zipping back a good bit. See pictures below. You can see where the pitch mark was and where the ball ended up. This did everything I needed it to do. Thoroughly impressed and excited I bought so many. Now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get more! Lol

2B01B460-D5D7-4D68-9AF5-E9741EDBFF04.jpegB6650D71-2DEF-42DB-A6CD-2D5EC5D5501B.jpeg

Last edited:
OK well I ordered these balls off the Academy sports deal. Now I have 6 dozen laying around. Put them in play today for the first time . And this is my new ball going forward. I mean I was spinning this ball on full shots plenty. It hit Rick really many long irons today but my mid iron the ball was literally dropping and stopping dead in its tracks. Maybe swim back 6 to 12 inches. But with My short irons Irons and wedges the ball was zipping back a good bit. See pictures below. You can see where the pitch mark was and where the ball ended up. This did everything I needed it to do. Thoroughly impressed and excited I bought so many. Now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get more! Lol

View attachment 9097717View attachment 9097718
Told you! ;)

OK well I ordered these balls off the Academy sports deal. Now I have 6 dozen laying around. Put them in play today for the first time . And this is my new ball going forward. I mean I was spinning this ball on full shots plenty. It hit Rick really many long irons today but my mid iron the ball was literally dropping and stopping dead in its tracks. Maybe swim back 6 to 12 inches. But with My short irons Irons and wedges the ball was zipping back a good bit. See pictures below. You can see where the pitch mark was and where the ball ended up. This did everything I needed it to do. Thoroughly impressed and excited I bought so many. Now I’m kicking myself that I didn’t get more! Lol

View attachment 9097717View attachment 9097718
Reads post and looks for somewhere to get in on the last day of the Srixon Fathers Day Deal.

Back