Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

not that I saw, no Nike...no problem

going to FINALLY try the callaway I(s) this weekend!

dang man sorry about that, i had one sitting out to put in it when i was packing it i must of left it laying on my desk somewhere, i just looked and didnt see it so i dont know what happened to it lol. the i(s) is a awesome ball, you should love the spin and feel.

I won't pay the titleist, srixon, or bridgestone price to play a ball made in a show factory. That's not a joke either... only ball made in a shoe factory.

It seems that everyone is saying these balls are getting beat up quick. I noticed this as well with the Nike Crush as well. Is it wedge shots that everyone is finding this ball gets eaten up on? The durability of the Penta is another reason I absolutley love that ball. I'm still going to have to give this ball a try though.

I won't pay the titleist, srixon, or bridgestone price to play a ball made in a show factory. That's not a joke either... only ball made in a shoe factory.

I don't see a problem with that. They have the proper equipment and space in the shoe factory, so... why not make them with the proper equipment in the extra space in the shoe factory??

I'll play a ball made in a manure factory, if it was the best one for my game...

Hey Jim! This ball is yours!

How do you know?

I can smell it!

It seems that everyone is saying these balls are getting beat up quick. I noticed this as well with the Nike Crush as well. Is it wedge shots that everyone is finding this ball gets eaten up on? The durability of the Penta is another reason I absolutley love that ball. I'm still going to have to give this ball a try though.

Mardin i was actually eating these balls up with a 7iron as well, basically any iron shot would mark it up and wedges just finished them off

The ball that was made in a shoe store let me shoot 77 I can't really complain about where the ball is made lol

I'm tempted to buy a sleeve of these just for my own testing

I've been hacking around with the S for a month or two. Nothing longer than 50 yards and nothing bigger than a quarter swing.

My VR 56 degree rips the cover on this ball with a 30 yard chip. Nothing you can't pull off easily, but I can't imagine what one would look like with a full shot.

That being said, I finally decided to set foot on the course and give a couple of these babies a shot (the scuffed ones I've been practicing with). I had enough time for one hole before dark

Nothing special off the driver, only because I hit two bad shots - hooked way right. Still got about 210 out of them.

Now...here's the weird part. I took my 6 iron from 165 out (thanks GX-4) and gave it a whack. First time with an iron and a full swing. These balls sound like no other ball I've ever heard. The closest I can think of is if you were hitting a golf ball with a 2''X2'' garden stake. Not bad, just different...in fact I really liked it.

I don't golf a ton, but I have a pretty good idea of how my ball will react on any given shot. Especially a six iron. I love my six iron. As the ball was leaving, I thought to myself, "crap, this ball is hot!" Sure enough, I flew the green and watched as my ball landed in the adjacent fairway (#10 at Tualatin).

Dropped another on the ground and thought to myself, "had to be a fluke." Aimed. Fired. Another direct hit. These balls just scream off the club face and just KEEP GOING in the air. This one managed to nail (and The Rock means nail) a tree beside the fairway and came back a ways.

I was so impressed with the flight, I went directly to the long ball and fired my rangefinder back at the pin. I was 44 yards past. I needed a calculator, but that means I was able to knock a 6 iron 209. It's my 170 yard club.*

Anyway, I can't wait to spend more time with these in the long game. I'm able to get them to do what I want (which is land close to the hole) inside 50 yards. I'm not an adept spinner of the ball, so can't comment on hop/stop or sucking back. The durability does have me a bit awed - I can't believe it's truly as bad as it is - again, only a quarter-swing 30 yard chip with my 56 degree will chew on this ball.

*I had a lesson (my first) about a month ago and have been making better contact then ever before. This was my first time finally being able to track down distances since then. The range I play at doesn't really have visible landing zones out past 150.

So, there you go. I think this one will work for me. Especially since I get them for free.

I need to pick up a sleeve of these to try them out. I love the Nike One Tour balls.

I thought everyone was saying the exact opposite about this ball.

hmm. I could have swore when I was first reading about this ball on here a couple weeks ago that the ball was designed with durability in mind and that it was extremely durable/reuseable.
Ultimately I can only attest to my experience, and it held up extremely well for me

Yeah, the 20XI-X got tore up fast on me. My 150yard club is my PW, the ball just couldnt handle that. I use my wedges off the tee for par 3's, another part this ball couldnt hang with. One time i remember which was bad was on a 335 par 4 I hit my drive directly 30 yards right of the pin(lefty, overswung). decent drive. was happy. Pulled out my SW due to the lie, I gave it a nice chuck to get it up. There i saw the ball hit the green changing directions on every roll. I picked it up to see just chunks of the cover hanging off like thorns on a rose bush. When paying that much for a ball i would like it to last a round...When i get the new VR pro wedges with less aggressive grooves, I will try this ball again.

I've started to transition the 20XI into my bag...
I'm a 'sweeper' so I don't typically have major issues with scuffing balls... but I did with my 'old' grooved Vr's, but to be fair they also shredded my Pentas, but not quite as much or as often. I went back to my Ping Tour W's with no major issues.

I just got my new Vr Pro wedges with the 'new' grooves... I've only gotten to hit some half shots in a short game area and I'm getting some scuffing here and there (still playable), I'm expecting to go through a sleeve/round. IMO worth the cost to save some strokes...

But ultimately if you're a digger, I think you'll have durability issues with these balls on pure strikes.

I'm a 'sweeper' so I don't typically have major issues with scuffing balls... but I did with my 'old' grooved Vr's, but to be fair they also shredded my Pentas, but not quite as much or as often. I went back to my Ping Tour W's with no major issues.

I just got my new Vr Pro wedges with the 'new' grooves... I've only gotten to hit some half shots in a short game area and I'm getting some scuffing here and there (still playable), I'm expecting to go through a sleeve/round. IMO worth the cost to save some strokes...
But ultimately if you're a digger, I think you'll have durability issues with these balls on pure strikes.
Interesting couldbeu, I too am a "sweeper" rarely take divots even with my wedges. The only ball I've ever had issues with scuffing was with the newer HX Hot Bite balls. Every full shot with my Vokey caused shredding of the golf ball. I may still give the 20XI-x a try.

Really?
Love to know where your information came from.
I suppose that over the last decade you wouldnt play a ball made in a tire factory either right?

interesting thought CB...I tend to be a picker/sweeper with little to no divot so my durability fears with this ball may be null and void

Found a 20Xi x yesterday and played about 4 holes, I liked the ball, but side by side ill stick with my bridgestones, and srixons :) , just a little better feeling in my thoughts.

I now tap while I talk

I have tried it however my Tour D goes farther and straighter and seems to check better on greens than these new ones. And for $29 there's no reason to switch.

Really?
Love to know where your information came from.
I suppose that over the last decade you wouldnt play a ball made in a tire factory either right?

Tire factory balls are for non-serious golfers who don't walk and can't workability the ball. Me? I will just take by Bridgestones and... wait.

I want to try these, but the durability gives me issues. Can't break out almost $5 a golf ball for them to scuff on me after a couple holes.

I want to try these, but the durability gives me issues. Can't break out almost $5 a golf ball for them to scuff on me after a couple holes.

As a sweeper, I don't know if there would be huge issues for me. However, I am a little concerned. Concerned enough that I will wait until I can buy just a sleeve.

As a sweeper, I don't know if there would be huge issues for me. However, I am a little concerned. Concerned enough that I will wait until I can buy just a sleeve.

I agree. I'm a sweeper as well, but these still scare me. I might dish out for a sleeve. Just to give em a try.

I agree. I'm a sweeper as well, but these still scare me. I might dish out for a sleeve. Just to give em a try.

I'm a sweeper as well, and have bought a box of the 20XI-x. I love them. I've had 1 ball last me over 2 rounds easy with minimal scuffing. The only time I've left any scuff marks at all is when using my GW or LW with a full shot, and the way my game goes, I usually don't hit full shots from inside 120 yards. Lower handicaps that take a divot might find them less durable, but for me they tend to last longer than the tour-i or prov1x I use often.

All around nice balls. I picked up a sleeve last week and played one round. Tons of greenside spin, just too early to say much. I hope to get the other two out to my home course soon. No real noticeable wear after the one round, or at least no more than Penta/ProV after a round.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I've been using the 20XI-s for the past two rounds and I really like the ball. I usually use the Pro-V1 or the B330-s but i now prefer the 20XI-s . It has a lot of spin and great distance. I find that it has a nice high trajectory. Contrary to what the others have said, I find the durability of this ball not to be any much worse than the Pro-V1. I hit a full 8 iron shot today that backed up around 4 feet and there was a small scuff that wasn't too bad, and smaller than one that I would've probably gotten with the Pro-V1. I also somehow managed to back up a full 6 iron around a foot, which never happens with me usually, and there wasn't any serious damage to the ball. Although, when i hit around a 25 yard chip shot, there was a small scuff that appeared and it was kinda bigger than the one that i got with the 8 iron. I just love the spin and control that i get from this ball. There's a very good chance that the 20XI-s will be my new gamer ball.

These are the only minor scuffs on the ball that I've used for 12 holes today. The scuffs look pink because i mark my golf ball with a red sharpie so it kinda rubs on on the scuffs.
IMGP2452.jpg

This is the other side of the ball. As you can see, virtually no damage whatsoever.
IMGP2453.jpg

Back