Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

congrats on the purchase doc! pay attention to ball position and tee height with the Mashie. I've found the M3 to work well when the ball is teed up a littel bit abouve the ground and when the ball is about 1 ball ahead of center

Hey all,

After following this thread for some time, I finally went out and picked up an M3. Unfortunately, I could only hit into the nets at GG before purchasing. Felt good there. Solid feel at impact and I loved the look and sound. However now that I've got it out to the course, I struggle with keeping it from hooking. I worked on keeping a smooth swing and letting the shaft do it's thing, but I'm not seeing the distance I expected (getting about the same or more out of my 23˚ Nike). I'm going to take it to the range this week to see what I can work out with it. Any tips you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated. M3 with a R-flex 59G shaft.

Thanks!

My Mashie TOUR is long, but if my swing is not going well, it turns into a hook machine. I love the feel though. I am thinking of selling it and putting the 3 iron back in the bag.

Any testers have experience with the M1? How does it compare to a fairway wood?

Any testers have experience with the M1? How does it compare to a fairway wood?

I am not a tester, but I did buy the M1. In my experience it is as long as a similarly lofted 3w and generally easier to hit out of the rough. I really like the M1 a lot. For me I hit it around 235-240 somewhere in that range.

how is the M1 off of the tee? my 3H that I use off of the tee has a tendency to hook, but out of the rough its dead straight.

Id love something long I can hit straight off of the tees more consistently

I use the M1 instead of 3w/4w. Once you get your set up down, the M1 does a great job. I hit about the same as Dr Teeth but you can put a little more juice on it if you'd like.

how is the M1 off of the tee? my 3H that I use off of the tee has a tendency to hook, but out of the rough its dead straight.

I have the M1 and love it. If I am ever struggling with the driver, the m1 is a fairway finder. I hit it about 220-230. It does a great job off the deck too. I have always struggled with a 3w off the deck and the M1 remedies that.

Last edited:
I am still having a love/hate relationship with my M1, some times it goes great and sometimes is goes not so great. Like anything else it is the indian and not the arrow and I will continue to work at it. I will say it has been a much more challanging club for me to get used to that either the M3 or M5, those two just worked great from the beginning and I have had very few issues with either of them, just great shots.

I just don't know if I want to take the leap . . . ahhhh. I'm torn.

Played a round today and actually duffed 2 shots with my M3, first time I have done that out on the course. Other than that really solid with it again. After one of the duffs I was left with 220 to the green into a slight wind. Hit the M3 pin high right as I let it go a little. Was really pleased with that shot

Really can't see this club leaving the bag any time soon

Let me just put it this way mikedean, I just shot the best round of my life on Sunday, and I used the M1 on the 2 most important (toughest) tee shots on the course, and it performed wonderfully, as it usually does. The M1 is my fairway finder. I love it off the tee. And its plenty long for me too. I probably average about 250ish with it off the tee, but a couple weeks ago on a short par 4 with the wind, I was able to jack it up to 265 and reach the green.

Come on, what are you waiting for?

You have 3 Rescue 11s. Aren't those great hybrids? What's going on?

You have 3 Rescue 11s. Aren't those great hybrids? What's going on?

The Rescue 11s are fantastic hybrids. Everytime I have hit the Mashie and the Rescue 11s side by side, the Rescue 11s have won. But I would be replacing my R9 4wood. I am looking for an alternative driving club and I really like the accuracy and forgiveness of the Mashie. I would probably use the Mashie from the tee 95% of the time.

Last edited:
The Rescue 11s are fantastic hybrids. Everytime I have hit the Mashie and the Rescue 11s side by side, the Rescue 11s have won. But I would be replacing my R9 4wood. I am looking for an alternative driving club and I really like the accuracy and forgiveness of the Mashie. I would probably use the Mashie from the tee 95% of the time.

Have you considered the #2 Rescue? It would go well with your 3, 4 , and 5.

We have an entire thread on Rescue 11 testing that THP did in sending out hybrids to people. Lets keep the talk of that hybrid in that thread. Thanks.

Have you considered the #2 Rescue? It would go well with your 3, 4 , and 5.

Sure have. I would like the forgiveness of the M1 over the Rescue 11 2h. I would also like the .5* more loft and 1/4" longer shaft.

Trust me, I have spent a lot of time with the Rescue 11s. I know what I like and want. And for an alternative driving club, I want a Mashie.

just saw this mashie review and I have to say I'm surprised at the feedback .... almost completely opposite of what this thread and myself have found. (especially the accuracy findings)

The negativity in the MyGolfSpy review is mostly over the offset. I can see why golfers that easily draw the ball or have a hook problem would not like it. For me the offset is beneficial because my miss is usually a push.

I just took the leap. I'm excited for it. Hopefully I'm able to walk this weekend so I can get outside, golf, and enjoy my first Father's Day.

I just took the leap. I'm excited for it. Hopefully I'm able to walk this weekend so I can get outside, golf, and enjoy my first Father's Day.

OK so you're replacing the 4-wood with the #1 Mashie? Yes, that's it. I see it in your signature now. You're gonna love that club!

OK so you're replacing the 4-wood with the #1 Mashie? Yes, that's it. I see it in your signature now. You're gonna love that club!

I'm hoping so.

I am excited to get my hands on it and swing it a few times.

Let me just put it this way mikedean, I just shot the best round of my life on Sunday, and I used the M1 on the 2 most important (toughest) tee shots on the course, and it performed wonderfully, as it usually does. The M1 is my fairway finder. I love it off the tee. And its plenty long for me too. I probably average about 250ish with it off the tee, but a couple weeks ago on a short par 4 with the wind, I was able to jack it up to 265 and reach the green.

hmm might have to look into this, if all works well, I guess I could put it into the bag to replace 1 of the 5 wedges I carry lol

After reading all the reviews. I picked up a M4 finally. Great feedback guys, thanks

congrats on the purchase doc! pay attention to ball position and tee height with the Mashie. I've found the M3 to work well when the ball is teed up a littel bit abouve the ground and when the ball is about 1 ball ahead of center

:thankyou:
Thanks for the tip. I ended up playing 9 holes yesterday afternoon and I don't know if it was this or maybe I'm just getting used to it, but I was hitting my M3 darn straight off the tee about 210. Only had one with a draw on it, but it was a manageable shot. Can't wait to get out and use it some more!

The negativity in the MyGolfSpy review is mostly over the offset. I can see why golfers that easily draw the ball or have a hook problem would not like it. For me the offset is beneficial because my miss is usually a push.

Same here - I always laugh when I hear people talk about how this club can't go right. Just have a seat and watch me hit one.

Back