Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Oh, no doubt. It doesn't sour my opinion of the club. I am more interested in whether my distance is similar to my fairway. Or what I gain over my 3h.

So you guys finally did it to me. I hit it a bunch of times in the store and it was the nicest hybrid I have ever hit. Driving range it is again tonight.

Tap tap taparoo

I can't believe it, but Golf Town doesn't carry the LH M2 up here. They ordered one for me today, and I'll pick up an M4 at the same time. About a week. Hopefully I'm ready to swing again by then, I have a pulled muscle in my upper back (feels like the damned thing pulled away from my shoulder blade) and swinging clubs is both painful and aggravating to the injury. Haven't played in almost 3 weeks arghh.

Since I am awake at 3:07 am for some reason, I took my new M4 to the range and I absolutely love it. I have never hit a club that was so easy to hit. The ball just goes forever. I am so excited to use it on the course Saturday. Thank you THP'ers for all the rave reviews. I have a feeling this club is never leaving my bag.

Tap tap taparoo

I can't believe it, but Golf Town doesn't carry the LH M2 up here. They ordered one for me today, and I'll pick up an M4 at the same time. About a week. Hopefully I'm ready to swing again by then, I have a pulled muscle in my upper back (feels like the damned thing pulled away from my shoulder blade) and swinging clubs is both painful and aggravating to the injury. Haven't played in almost 3 weeks arghh.

That's though, but don't start to play to early before it has healed. I had the exact same problem last summer and couldn't play golf for 8 weeks. That sucked big time!

Tappin' for world peace!

Since I am awake at 3:07 am for some reason, I took my new M4 to the range and I absolutely love it. I have never hit a club that was so easy to hit. The ball just goes forever. I am so excited to use it on the course Saturday. Thank you THP'ers for all the rave reviews. I have a feeling this club is never leaving my bag.

Tap tap taparoo

Your ranges are open that early?

Your ranges are open that early?

No. I went last night but I was awake so decided to post my review.

Tap tap taparoo

Had a really good day with my M3 yesterday. Tee incredible 2 shots and one sick punch shot. I had one I lost a little control right so count me in as one who can lose it right from time to time. But overall, if I need a fairway or whatnot, that Mashie is automatic.

Pretty consistent for you? I know how excited you were to hit this thing, and I'm glad it's working out man!

Anyone had a chance to hit the Mashie side by side with the "tour" version with the smaller head and less offset?

Newly registered on the site, but own an M3 thanks to this thread.

A quick Mashie story from my last round. Was having a so-so round when I came to the 517 yd par 5 13th hole. I had lost confidence in my driver much earlier in the round so I teed up with my M3 and hit a ~225 yd shot to the dead center of the fairway. My 2nd shot, again with the M3, traveled about 200 yds leaving me just under 100 yds to the pin. Hit a GW to 6 feet, missed the birdie putt, but carded the most satisfying par I think I've ever had. The two guys I was playing with were extremely impressed and at least one was planned to hit a Mashie in the store.

I still amazes me how much distance and control I get with the Mashie on what feels like a half swing.

Oops, double post. Can you tell I'm new?

Last edited:
Well I finally picked a used one up, M3. So I demoed the m3 a few weeks ago and hit it very well. I tried a couple other clubs and couldn't hit them at all. So it came in yesterday so I ran to the course and went out for 18. Right off it was a bad round as the group I was put with and I have different ideas on ettiquette. I couldn't break free either as it was booked solid. Well I pulled the m3 about 5 times and didn't hit it worth a damn even once. To be fair, I didnt hit any fairway woods, hyb, or irons worth a damn, I couldn't get to the range to acclimate myself with it, and it is intended to replace the raylor which I just started getting some really good results with, it is kinda quirky. By really good I mean I'm thinking of dropping the trusty 5w-19* for the 23* raylor. If this mashie fits in there it is gonna be a huge deal for me as I desperately need a 2nd shot fairway club that I can actually keep in the fairway. I'm hoping to get 18 tomorrow alone where I can hit a couple balls and get to know it a little better. I am stoked to get this thing working for me.

Last edited:
I played a round up in Brunswick, Maine, and it just so happened it was a Cleveland demo day. I had ordered a Mashie on blind faith (currently en route) and this gave me a chance to try it and return mine new if needed. Unfortunately it wad 80% hooks for me, so it's going back. When I hit it right, it feels great and flies, bit I feel like I need to concentrate too much on changing my swing and then I'm all out of whack. Going to try the a7, g15, and i15, maybe with steel shafts. Time to start reading those threads!

Anyone had a chance to hit the Mashie side by side with the "tour" version with the smaller head and less offset?

I have the M3 and M1 and I went and hit the tour mashies about three weeks ago. I was most interested in how I liked the shaft in the tour Mashie as it is heavier, 83g. I went in thinking about getting the m4 and m2 with the heavier shaft, but I hit the tour m2 so well that I decided to get the tour models instead. The head on the tours look funny to me, kind of incomplete, but I am sure that is mostly due to the fact that I have been swinging the regular Mashie for a while now. Mine are on order from blind9golf and they have been great. I can't wait to get them and put them in play.

I have the M3 and M1 and I went and hit the tour mashies about three weeks ago. I was most interested in how I liked the shaft in the tour Mashie as it is heavier, 83g. I went in thinking about getting the m4 and m2 with the heavier shaft, but I hit the tour m2 so well that I decided to get the tour models instead. The head on the tours look funny to me, kind of incomplete, but I am sure that is mostly due to the fact that I have been swinging the regular Mashie for a while now. Mine are on order from blind9golf and they have been great. I can't wait to get them and put them in play.

Thanks for the info. I have no way of trying out the tour Mashie but based on the reviews it appears to be a club I need to give a shot. I have a natural fade already and if I miss I tend to hook the ball and fear the offset of the regular Mashie may hurt me. The tour version sounds interesting.

I'm wondering whether discussion about the tour model should be in a separate thread? They really couldn't be more different.

I'm wondering whether discussion about the tour model should be in a separate thread? They really couldn't be more different.

It has been discussed here throughout, please do continue.

Well following all the great reviews about the Mashie I took the plunge on Friday and bought the M2. Wow, what a club, went to the range and hit around 50 balls with it. Virtually every one straight as an arrow and very long. Feels lovely off the club face as well with a very soft ping noise.
I know there is another thread about clubs you can't see ever coming out of your bag, the Mashie is certainly one

Well following all the great reviews about the Mashie I took the plunge on Friday and bought the M2. Wow, what a club, went to the range and hit around 50 balls with it. Virtually every one straight as an arrow and very long. Feels lovely off the club face as well with a very soft ping noise.
I know there is another thread about clubs you can't see ever coming out of your bag, the Mashie is certainly one

Pretty cool having a 2-iron in our bags; one we can actually hit well. The M2 is my new 3-wood.

Think I might get the M1 to replace my 3 wood and will definitely change my other hybrid for the M3, might actually go a bit Y.E Yang and replace nearly my entire bag with hybrids!

Think I might get the M1 to replace my 3 wood and will definitely change my other hybrid for the M3, might actually go a bit Y.E Yang and replace nearly my entire bag with hybrids!

yeah no kidding, dude had a bag o hybrids

I had a few memorable shots with the Mashies this weekend but my favorite was a 200 yard shot. #18 at ASU Karten has a lot of water to the left. So naturally I push my Tee shot left and we have to use my little brothers. We end up at 198 to the flag. There is about a 10 yard cushion to the green but you cant land it short or itll probably be wet. My brother hits somewhere around the green and I the other two were duffs. Up to me but I figure what the hell, Ill attack. I nail the M3... It's looking on track. My buddy says, "That's gonna hit the flag"... Sure enough I hit the flag on the fly coming down and the balls rolls just to the back of the green. Lol. What an amazing feeling to be that accurate. For once. On purpose haha.

I had a few memorable shots with the Mashies this weekend but my favorite was a 200 yard shot. #18 at ASU Karten has a lot of water to the left. So naturally I push my Tee shot left and we have to use my little brothers. We end up at 198 to the flag. There is about a 10 yard cushion to the green but you cant land it short or itll probably be wet. My brother hits somewhere around the green and I the other two were duffs. Up to me but I figure what the hell, Ill attack. I nail the M3... It's looking on track. My buddy says, "That's gonna hit the flag"... Sure enough I hit the flag on the fly coming down and the balls rolls just to the back of the green. Lol. What an amazing feeling to be that accurate. For once. On purpose haha.

thats awesome, seems like just about everyone has nothing but good things to say about these!

Back