Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

I understand the sentiment of being uninterested but I am far more looking forward to seeing how Rory responds. He made it very clear that he won't be playing to protect the lead, but it's one thing to say that before having a cushion that could be that large. I think he's plays in protect mode and that is not a good idea.

I understand the sentiment of being uninterested but I am far more looking forward to seeing how Rory responds. He made it very clear that he won't be playing to protect the lead, but it's one thing to say that before having a cushion that could be that large. I think he's plays in protect mode and that is not a good idea.

He said in an interview that I saw that he was going to play the same and be aggressive. Being defensive is one way to loose this thing. I say he should carry on playing the way he has done for the first 2 rounds

From the webcast the rain appears to have stopped. Let's get YE out there to make this a tourney and give the young chap from northern Ireland something to think about tonight!!

He said in an interview that I saw that he was going to play the same and be aggressive. Being defensive is one way to loose this thing. I say he should carry on playing the way he has done for the first 2 rounds

I agree but it's different to idealize about a style of play then actually execute it when you're actually in that position.

Yeah never a good idea to go on "prevent" defense. We've all heard it before, it only "prevents" you from winning!

Playing not to lose vs playing to win. I'd like to think he's going to be an even mix of aggressive and defensive. Not try to be a hero after making a bad shot, but recovering.

I would game any of Dustin johnson's outfits at the Morgan Cup this year- I love white on white. Fantastic

NBC just said the players are back on the course, play to resume in a few minutes.

I would game any of Dustin johnson's outfits at the Morgan Cup this year- I love white on white. Fantastic

White on white becomes see-through pretty quick in August here in Florida though. Haha

White on white becomes see-through pretty quick in August here in Florida though. Haha

Oh no, I am seriously considering coming down as a observer (heckler) but this might just change my mind. LOL

I fell asleep watching it after class...could it be because Watney and Mahan (2 of my picks) are both certain to miss the cut? Looked like the greens were firming up a bit before I crashed.

I fell asleep watching it after class...could it be because Watney and Mahan (2 of my picks) are both certain to miss the cut? Looked like the greens were firming up a bit before I crashed.

That nice little rain will take care of that!!

My 4* players:

Ryo Ishakawa*
David Toms*
Luke Donald
Lee Westwood

Tiebreaker: 278

So Toms is going to miss the cut...

Its still kinda early with some players barely through their rounds today though. We'll see.

Cink is even wearing white. Huge news there.

Cink is even wearing white. Huge news there.
Oops, sorry I get Stricker, Cink, and Furyk mixed up all the time. I don't know why.

I'm not a big sweater lol. And white is. Cool. In both senses of the word

anyone in DC area know what time they could realistically play until tonight? Will they get everyone's second round complete?

Cmon Yang... back and forth, back and forth, I'm dying here.

My picks are:

Matt Kuchar - Currently T3
Steve Stricker - Currently T33
Luke Donald - Currently T43

Winning score of 280 (which doesn't look like it will be close)

I didn't notice anyone post this unless I missed it...but I found it interesting that DJ had on an R9 hat on today. Haven't seen him wear that for a while. Sorry if someone already mentioned that I looked through like the last 10 pages.

WHY did i pick kj choi...:banghead:

although imma be very close to the winning score with 267 :banana:

I didn't notice anyone post this unless I missed it...but I found it interesting that DJ had on an R9 hat on today. Haven't seen him wear that for a while. Sorry if someone already mentioned that I looked through like the last 10 pages.

I think DJ was hoping that nobody noticed him with the way he's played so far. zing. (although, outside of the 2 in the water triple on his second hole of the week, he's played +1 golf, not bad, but he's probably disapointed considering how one of his playing partners played)

Watching the replay - saw mickelson an rory both hit into the water on 18.

Then they spent time fishing their balls out. I mean they don't pay for balls- why would they care about a water ball?

They're still penalized the same- any ideas? I usually dont want my balls that seek out water haha they are dead to me..

There's no rule im missing is there?

Back