Netflix Password Sharing Crackdown

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Subscribers will be asked to fork out extra to add members who don't live with them, in the latest crackdown on account sharing.

The streaming giant is already testing this in multiple countries and Netflix said that it will expand its test to other countries, including the US, next year.

Makes sense, but I think it is going to hurt them in the long term. My personal plan is to rotate around with streamers. Disney I pay for the year, but Netflix I will likely cancel, then maybe next year add it back for a couple months, catch up on what I missed then cancel it again for a while.

Does Netflix not I understand I do not need them?

they are more likely to lose my business completely then get more out of me

Interested to see the pricing under this policy.

• Admin
Does Netflix not I understand I do not need them?

they are more likely to lose my business completely then get more out of me
This coming with a price hike again too.

They should focus on more content. Feels like I have seen everything I need to on there.

It kind of feels like Netflix is in trouble. Their newly proposed pricing policy feels very desperate and the content isn’t refreshed frequently enough. Most of the content they have is pretty dull as well

Kind of feels at this point that I only need to re-up Netflix for about a month once a year to watch Cobra Kai. Other than that they can pound sand if they come with a huge price hike.

Whelp .... there is another cancellation :eek:

Yeah, I'm about to kick Netflix to the curb anyway. This may seal the deal. I've got basically all the other services already that are $10ish/mo cheaper and the content on Netfilx just isn't that good anymore.

Charging for password sharing makes sense. The price increase again is alarming. I think I read they were thinking about having a plan with ads too. Boy it would be nice if companies had some forward thinking and didn't burn through cash so much.

Netflix is getting to the point of no longer being worth it.

I might as well drop it and get HBO max back everyone once in a while to catch up on new shows., I can't see dropping the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle for a few years with the kids but Netflix is not really bringing that much to the conversation.

Especially with Amazon Prime being part of the bundle with video.

Charging for password sharing makes sense.

Im with you there. I mean its in the T&Cs that its for the household, not 17 friends, 6 family members, etc etc.

Charging for password sharing makes sense. The price increase again is alarming. I think I read they were thinking about having a plan with ads too. Boy it would be nice if companies had some forward thinking and didn't burn through cash so much.

But if they spent wisely we wouldn't have gotten masterpieces like Bright.....

Makes sense to me and I don’t mind it. If they continue to add good original content I’ll pay for it but they need to step up on content.

I’m already paying $19.99 per month and the only two things That get watched now that Ozark has ended is Stranger Things and Cobra Kai.

If it goes up again, it may be time to move on. We get a lot of use out of our Disney+/ESPN/Hulu bundle and HBO Max. We pay for YouTube but that is to avoid the constant commercials.

We have been an add on via our daughter. About a month ago we must insert pass code each use. For now all good.

Makes sense to me and I don’t mind it. If they continue to add good original content I’ll pay for it but they need to step up on content.
This has been my biggest issue. As shows wrap up (like Ozark, Orange is the New Black, Squid Games just to name a few) are not getting replaced with must watch content. Dahmer looks intriguing.

This coming with a price hike again too.
Yikes. I'd already been considering cancelling, and if I see another price increase that might make my decision a whole lot easier.

We've been watching more Disney, Hulu, and Paramount+ than Netflix. I was thinking about adding HBO Max, so if another price hike is coming, I may just dump Netflix and pick up HBO.

This has been my biggest issue. As shows wrap up (like Ozark, Orange is the New Black, Squid Games just to name a few) are not getting replaced with must watch content. Dahmer looks intriguing.
Exactly my fear, only one more season of stranger things and I'm not sure what they have in the pipeline. I mostly use streaming for original content and am willing to pay for quality but they need to provide the content. No issues at all for charging people for multiple households using the same pw, seems like a no brainer.

Back