Heading to Florida!

theslflash689

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.3
Hey guys. So it's vacation time for the family, and we're making our traditional trip to Orlando this year (Flight leaves in 2 hours). Haven't been there since I was 14 years old. My golf has much improved since then and this will be a very golf oriented trip for my brother, my dad and I. Any suggestions on where to play in the Orlando area? We are already planning on playing at the Orange Lake Resort that we stay at as well as one of the Disney courses. Thanks!

Grand Cypress
Reunion
OCN
Waldorf Astoria

The lists are endless. Check out the course review section of the forum. There are many threads on the subject and lots of course pictures.

Hey guys. So it's vacation time for the family, and we're making our traditional trip to Orlando this year (Flight leaves in 2 hours). Haven't been there since I was 14 years old. My golf has much improved since then and this will be a very golf oriented trip for my brother, my dad and I. Any suggestions on where to play in the Orlando area? We are already planning on playing at the Orange Lake Resort that we stay at as well as one of the Disney courses. Thanks!
I really enjoyed playing Magnolia. So many great courses in the area, like JB said, the list is endless.

Have a great trip!

I really enjoyed playing Magnolia. So many great courses in the area, like JB said, the list is endless.

Have a great trip!

yeah Magnolia is fun. There is a thread on it with some pictures from our round there.

Safe trip enjoy the golf....

Make sure you play the Legends course at Orange Lake. Very nice. Rolling elevations, blind approach shots. Lots of fun and a couple months ago was in fantastic condition.

Those are solid. Grand cypress is a fun track(s) so many choices

Hey if you need a fourth let me know:)!

Have fun while you're down here flash. Like everyone said, no shortage of courses here. Make sure you just call ahead to make sure they didn't punch the greens or are doing any kind of renovation. Bring plenty of sunblock and say hi to the mouse for me.

Played the reserve course today at Orange Lake. Sort of a warmup round. Got up late and played at 10, finished 15 holes before the weather hit us. Greens were terrible, they just punched the greens... thanks for the heads up Spank^, should have listened. haha

Played the reserve course today at Orange Lake. Sort of a warmup round. Got up late and played at 10, finished 15 holes before the weather hit us. Greens were terrible, they just punched the greens... thanks for the heads up Spank^, should have listened. haha

Well one round ain't gonna kill ya. I hope you brought your rain hood for your clubs. We're getting consistent with our afternoon showers now. I know you Californians are afraid to get a little wet. Haha.

Well one round ain't gonna kill ya. I hope you brought your rain hood for your clubs. We're getting consistent with our afternoon showers now. I know you Californians are afraid to get a little wet. Haha.

Haha. Well we played until the marshals told us we had to call it in. We were prepared for it. Going to book the rest of our rounds a little earlier this week. Today was a last minute start and just walked on.

Haha. Well we played until the marshals told us we had to call it in. We were prepared for it. Going to book the rest of our rounds a little earlier this week. Today was a last minute start and just walked on.

One trend I noticed... 30% chance of rain = good chance it'll rain in the afteroon, 60% chance of rain = it will rain in the afternoon, 90% chance of rain = it's probably raining right now. :D

Here's another tip... if you're gonna play Magnolia, the hole where the Mickey bunker is go one club up from what you think you should be hitting. Have fun the rest of the way dude. Enjoy our courses.

yeah Magnolia is fun. There is a thread on it with some pictures from our round there.

Not sure the last time you played Magnolia but it's not in the best of shape. So many other course to choose from in Orlando. Have fun picking.

Edit: thought you were referring to Magnolia plantation not the Disney Maganolia course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing Magnolia on Wednesday, Legends on Thursday. Also going to try to get out to Orange County National, sometime this week as well as Metrowest or ChampionsGate. Lot's of Golf.

Playing Magnolia on Wednesday, Legends on Thursday. Also going to try to get out to Orange County National, sometime this week as well as Metrowest or ChampionsGate. Lot's of Golf.

Before you pick Metrowest or CHampionsgate (both have either had maintenance recently or are struggling with conditions early in the offseason), check out Grand Cypress. Conditions are still awesome and their maintenance has already been done.
Metrowest we played 2 weeks ago and it was average condition at best.
Championsgate is struggling right now.
So many great choices with absolutely perfect conditions such as Grand Cypress, Waldorf, etc..
And of course dont forget to click the tee times on THP link for some great deals.

Does anyone know if Crooked Cat at OCN is a good track? We want to play there tomorrow, but since Panther Lake is all booked up we can only get on Crooked.

Does anyone know if Crooked Cat at OCN is a good track? We want to play there tomorrow, but since Panther Lake is all booked up we can only get on Crooked.

Lots of reviews on it in the course review section I believe. Crooked is good course. Some like it better than Panther and some prefer the other. I like OCN, but dont love OCN, so I am the wrong person to ask in this case though.

Im trying out Panther Lake when I go down, im sure there is nothing wrong with Crooked Cat based on the ratings the facility has received

Thanks for all the help guys! All tee times are set for the rest of the week. Waldorf Astoria tomorrow at 10am (hopefully that's early enough), The Legends on Wednesday, Disney Magnolia on Thursday, and Metrowest on Friday.

I have played OCN and Waldorf-Astoria. Both are must plays in Orlando. There are so many great courses there. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the help guys! All tee times are set for the rest of the week. Waldorf Astoria tomorrow at 10am (hopefully that's early enough), The Legends on Wednesday, Disney Magnolia on Thursday, and Metrowest on Friday.

You are in for a real treat at Waldorf!! Range isn't much but the course is nice. Disney Mag is always fun. Which Legends course are you playing? Metro is one of my favs. Always in great shape.

You are in for a real treat at Waldorf!! Range isn't much but the course is nice. Disney Mag is always fun. Which Legends course are you playing? Metro is one of my favs. Always in great shape.

Agreed. Outside of Grand Cypress, Waldorf is my favorite course in the area.

Im trying out Panther Lake when I go down, im sure there is nothing wrong with Crooked Cat based on the ratings the facility has received

Having played both, I was not impressed with either one. Very unmemorable, and really didn't find it worth the price.

Championsgate unfortunately was the same way. I couldn't tell you a single hole on either the National or International where I walked away wow'ed.

A cheapie course that wasn't too bad was course over at the Marriott World Center. It was around $50 and surprisingly was a lot of fun.

Back