I need a new bag! Suggestions?

I have been toying with getting a new bag and the C130 looks nice. I too use a Clic 3.0. Problem with my BagBoy Revolver is the rubberized top scuffed my driver shaft a little...this angers me.

you can have mine. I have had her for 15 years. She can cook too.

Rep added, how can ya not? I've just about got that old bag broken in. Not giving up on it yet.

Doesn't the C-130 have a putter well? I won't ever have another golf bag that doesn't have a putter well. md, is a putter well important to you?

I didn't even think about that. I figured they all came with a putter well these days. Yes, that is muy importante.

I have been toying with getting a new bag and the C130 looks nice. I too use a Clic 3.0. Problem with my BagBoy Revolver is the rubberized top scuffed my driver shaft a little...this angers me.

I really like the concept of the Revolver, but I'm not sold on the longevity of the swivel. Thoughts? How did it scuff up the driver shaft?

I didn't even think about that. I figured they all came with a putter well these days. Yes, that is muy importante.

FYI - the Callaway bag does have a putter well. Should have mentioned that earlier; I just take it for granted.

I'm heading out for a round in a few minutes, so I'm sure when I get home I'll be raring for a new bag!

Hit 'em straight Matt, let us know how it goes.

I'm heading out for a round in a few minutes, so I'm sure when I get home I'll be raring for a new bag!

Good luck dude. My vote is for the C-130! I think they look great, and they have everything you say is important.

you can have mine. I have had her for 15 years. She can cook too.

For what it is worth....mine also has a putter well (if my memory serves me correctly), put it has been RARELY used.

My wife got m the Bag Boy XLT 15 that Hanks reviewed for Fathers Day.
I love it.the cooler is fairly sizable - I got 2 12 oz bottles and a 32 oz water in it yesterday.
The clip lok really keeps club clatter to a minimum.
While it doesn't 14 full length dividers, it has 11.
I only have 2 wells that have 2 clubs in it.
I'm really digging the exterior putter well too.
The pocket is big enough for the putter grip and then the shaft snaps into place. The cart strap goes right underneath the shaft so there's no interference.
All of the pockets are easily accessible while strapped up as well.

Good Luck Matt. Hope you find the right Bag for you.

Nike Cart II. 14 full length slots, dedicated putter slot, 2 lined cooler pockets, pen holder and plenty of room for everything else.
Best feature by far is the cart strap feature. The cart straps pass through the bag allowing you to access all the pockets without un-doing the cart straps.
4352835c-42cc-bfe4.jpg

Hit 'em straight Matt, let us know how it goes.

Good luck dude. My vote is for the C-130! I think they look great, and they have everything you say is important.

Well I'm back from my round. BEST ROUND EVER!!! I shot an 85 today, and believe it or not, I did not have a single problem with the bag all day. It seems all of the stars aligned for once. Driver was off a tad, but pretty much killed everything else, that however is for a different thread. Now that I'm home I can really dig into all of the recommendations in this thread. I appreciate all of the view points everyone offered. Now I just have to do my due diligence and make a choice. If there are any dissenting opinions, please voice them tonight. I will research and probably purchase tomorrow.

I really like the concept of the Revolver, but I'm not sold on the longevity of the swivel. Thoughts? How did it scuff up the driver shaft?

As to endurance I really have no idea. Bag is under 1 year old and it works the same as when I got it. Where the club fits into the little holder is where there is rubbing on my driver shaft. Maybe the shaft is to blame, either way it is annoying. Benefit to how the clubs secure into the top is the noise reduction and lack of bag chatter I have been experiencing. When I walk it's noise free and when I drive I don't clinch my teeth when we drive over rough terrain. I may let the graphite shafted clubs be free in the slots and snake a towel through there to keep them from banging around.

Grats on the round.

Sucks that it damaged your shaft (he he). But seriously, I'd be pissed. There are a few others here that have the Revolver, hopefully they chime in on this one.

I have no issues with my revolver marking any of my shafts

You should give this bag a look. http://www.mggolf.com/home.asp?ru=0&v=

I bought mine about 4 rounds ago and am loving it so far. It has 14 full length dividers, an insulated cooler pocket, an external putter well, etc. And it's $85!!!!!!

To be fair I don't use the rainhood because I have an aftermarket one that is awesome http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003U2LGOE/ref=aw_d_iv_sporting-goods?is=l&qid=1309122255&sr=8-1
But as far as the features, it's loaded. Also, I don't have any trouble attaching it to the cart, it goes on with nothing in the way.

You won't regret it if you go with the C-130. I can take a pic of my C-130 on my ClicGear if you need to see how it looks/sits. Just let me know.

You should give this bag a look. http://www.mggolf.com/home.asp?ru=0&v=

I bought mine about 4 rounds ago and am loving it so far. It has 14 full length dividers, an insulated cooler pocket, an external putter well, etc. And it's $85!!!!!!

To be fair I don't use the rainhood because I have an aftermarket one that is awesome http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003U2LGOE/ref=aw_d_iv_sporting-goods?is=l&qid=1309122255&sr=8-1
But as far as the features, it's loaded. Also, I don't have any trouble attaching it to the cart, it goes on with nothing in the way.

Looks like a C-130 knockoff. It is near identical to mine from 2010.

do you mean you want a seperate slot for each club? and the shafts are protected in each? the only one i have seen is the bag boy revolver. and its pretty sweet. the one i saw in person protected shafts better than anything ive seen.

and it revolves - but it is kinda gimmicky.

my catalina bag is nice. from taylormade. and the purelite 2.0 from taylormade is so light to walk for some excercise during the week. i use the catalina on the weekends when i have to use a cart, and when i walk i use the purelite.

Looks like a C-130 knockoff. It is near identical to mine from 2010.

I prefer the term "replica":act-up: seriously though, it is very similar to my dad's sun mountain dlx except the top handle is on the opposite side.

I prefer the term "replica":act-up: seriously though, it is very similar to my dad's sun mountain dlx except the top handle is on the opposite side.

Haha. I meant it in a good way. As in, it is the same bag for like, $150 less!!!

Haha. I meant it in a good way. As in, it is the same bag for like, $150 less!!!

I'm totally with ya. The only downside I've found to this bag so far is the location of the umbrella strap. It's located on the front left side and if you have a tall umbrella it threatens to interfere with you're mojo while you pull clubs out of the bag.... BUT, since it has 14 full length dividers AND a putter well the umbrella just goes in the back left divider, tucking nicely (and completely out of the way) beside the driver. Works like a charm. That's the only downside I've found so far, but I'm only about 4 rounds into it.

BUT I HAVEN'T HAD A CLUB GET STUCK YET, which is a great feeling.

Back