Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

I have not read this whole thread so not sure if it’s been discussed but has anyone tried these monitors with yellow range balls?
Curious how accurate it was if so

I have not read this whole thread so not sure if it’s been discussed but has anyone tried these monitors with yellow range balls?
It reads them for me. But, it has to be kept in mind they are still range balls and will impact spin numbers you see off of those rocks. 🤣

Yellow is not recommended, but it "should" read them. I have not tried to confirm if it will read (obviously @Jman has 😉)

Yellow is not recommended, but it "should" read them. I have not tried to confirm if it will read (obviously @Jman has 😉)
I have used GC2 with yellow and it was pretty much dead on. But I’ve been reading about a lot of miss reads or missed shots with the bushnell so was not sure

no issues with yellow balls for me

i still despise their mobile and tablet software. having after the fact access to data is way too hard.

with course shutting down next year, I need to review this thread and put a real hard ponder into this guy again. :unsure:

i am ready to definitively say for me and my needs including how i use this unit, i would not recommend this unit.

as i have stated before, the hitting area is not very big. so if you’re hitting off grass and taking divots, there is constant repositioning of the unit which also requires realignment if tracking flight path on the fsx app.

because i do not have an indoor hitting area, i am always using the unit outdoors and tethering to a phone or tablet. the fsx apps are atrocious. connections are constantly lost. uploading to the cloud is spotty. and generating reports omits some key data i would like to have. in a word, the fsx apps suck.

now, less than a year into using the device, and not even using it regularly, the battery loses its full charge in less than 20 minutes. i have contacted support, but this is unacceptable.

there’s a lot to like about this unit. but there’s too much that has been frustrating. for anyone looking to use this unit exclusively outdoors, i would caution against its purchase. i wonder whether the full swing kit is the better option.

i am ready to definitively say for me and my needs including how i use this unit, i would not recommend this unit.

as i have stated before, the hitting area is not very big. so if you’re hitting off grass and taking divots, there is constant repositioning of the unit which also requires realignment if tracking flight path on the fsx app.

because i do not have an indoor hitting area, i am always using the unit outdoors and tethering to a phone or tablet. the fsx apps are atrocious. connections are constantly lost. uploading to the cloud is spotty. and generating reports omits some key data i would like to have. in a word, the fsx apps suck.

now, less than a year into using the device, and not even using it regularly, the battery loses its full charge in less than 20 minutes. i have contacted support, but this is unacceptable.

there’s a lot to like about this unit. but there’s too much that has been frustrating. for anyone looking to use this unit exclusively outdoors, i would caution against its purchase. i wonder whether the full swing kit is the better option.
Sorry you've had this experience.

I can understand the issue with the divots outdoors and constantly repositioning, but that would happen with almost any device. I had a Mevo+ for a blink of an eye, and took it to the range twice and had to adjust because the hitting area isn't huge. Even though the Quad has a much larger hitting window, there will still be times that needs moved.

I use my solely indoors, so moving isn't an issue, but I do have it unplugged and on WiFi 100% of the time when I use it and I've gone for almost two hours and still had about 60% left on the battery. So could it just be a bad battery?

FSX mobile apps are bad, not going to lie there. I've only used it a couple times on my iPad when I didn't want to fire up the PC in the garage and you could tell the connection wasn't great because it would fail to display a few shots on the app that showed on the GC3 screen.

Outdoors radar has it's advantages, but be warned every unit has a "window" to hit the ball from and tou might be constantly adjusting any unit you end up with.

Heck to save a few bucks (thousands actually) go with the Garmin R10. Heck maybe around the PGA Show in 2023 they announce a new model 🤔

I love the Bushnell my golf program has. I wish the parents had gone straight foresight, but, I can’t be choosy since I get to house it haha

I use it indoors and out, and I’ve been impressed. It’s does all my GC2 did for me and then some with the same accuracy. I’ll add, the battery life is much better as well, I can get 4-5 long sessions out of mine, including this summer out in the heat.

Add in that FSX does what I need, though their apps are still their weak link imo, and I’m pleased.

The battery thing is odd, I haven’t had this issue at all :/

Dang that battery thing is an issue. I really feel like these are best used off a mat to avoid what you described.

Dang that battery thing is an issue. I really feel like these are best used off a mat to avoid what you described.
We use ours out in the dirt/grass all the time 🤷

Same, though I do agree that moving it can be a pain in the butt. Times like this, idgaf about the line divot pattern.

Wasn't saying it wouldn't work just feel like if you don't have to move it much its more ideal, like the old setup at the tech studio. I'd still love to have one for an indoor sim type setup.

I love the Bushnell my golf program has. I wish the parents had gone straight foresight, but, I can’t be choosy since I get to house it haha

I use it indoors and out, and I’ve been impressed. It’s does all my GC2 did for me and then some with the same accuracy. I’ll add, the battery life is much better as well, I can get 4-5 long sessions out of mine, including this summer out in the heat.

Add in that FSX does what I need, though their apps are still their weak link imo, and I’m pleased.
I've had the same experience with mine. Software works, visually not the best/cleanest, but that doesn't matter as much to me (for now)

Same, though I do agree that moving it can be a pain in the butt. Times like this, idgaf about the line divot pattern.
Hahaha, I’m used to it from testing with the GC2

Wasn't saying it wouldn't work just feel like if you don't have to move it much its more ideal, like the old setup at the tech studio. I'd still love to have one for an indoor sim type setup.

The battery thing is odd, I haven’t had this issue at all :/

the fix was pretty easy. essentially it's a corrupt battery limit issue. the software sets the upper end way too low, and the lower end way too high. so the unit thinks it needs to shut off without damaging the battery. i watched the tech guy real-time mess with the coding, and since then it's been totally fine.

fortunately the battery fix was easy. i still despise using it off grass for a longer session. the hitting area is tiny, and if you're someone who hits it fat, you're gonna have a bad time. moving, recalibrating alignment, etc. it's a pain in the a$$, but the data is still really cool.

the fix was pretty easy. essentially it's a corrupt battery limit issue. the software sets the upper end way too low, and the lower end way too high. so the unit thinks it needs to shut off without damaging the battery. i watched the tech guy real-time mess with the coding, and since then it's been totally fine.

fortunately the battery fix was easy. i still despise using it off grass for a longer session. the hitting area is tiny, and if you're someone who hits it fat, you're gonna have a bad time. moving, recalibrating alignment, etc. it's a pain in the a$$, but the data is still really cool.

I don’t worry about the alignment within reason. So long as I know where I’m aiming, I can visually see a push, pull, etc. A simulator setup, way different. But just me going why do I suck and how do I fix this, or hit a consistent carry? Eh. I got that.

I don’t worry about the alignment within reason. So long as I know where I’m aiming, I can visually see a push, pull, etc. A simulator setup, way different. But just me going why do I suck and how do I fix this, or hit a consistent carry? Eh. I got that.

i agree, but when analyzing path, an issue with alignment wouldn't yield accurate information, correct?

i agree, but when analyzing path, an issue with alignment wouldn't yield accurate information, correct?
So when I work on path issues, I use driver or fairway woods so I don’t have to move it once I get it where it’s set. When I want to work on irons and wedges, I wait till Thursdays when it’s mats only so the range gets an extra day to chill out.

Considering the GC3 vs the Uneekor EYEXO.....

I want something for a golf simulator in the winter and then for practice when the warm weather comes.

Anyone using the GSPro software with the GC3?

Considering the GC3 vs the Uneekor EYEXO.....

I want something for a golf simulator in the winter and then for practice when the warm weather comes.

Anyone using the GSPro software with the GC3?
Uneekor Eye Mini is supposed to be released in Q4 2022...just to add another wrinkle in. That's their version of the GC3, essentially

Uneekor Eye Mini is supposed to be released in Q4 2022...just to add another wrinkle in. That's their version of the GC3, essentially
I read that... but it seems to have disappeared a bit. And they've removed features the last I saw. Wondering if it'll be delayed further....

Back