Cobra AEROJET Drivers

There were not any great full crown images provided, but I’ll go back and look again to be sure.
What about the PWR Bridge? I'm super curious about how that works/looks

What a great write up @Jman !!! 1.5MPH increase based on shape?!

These are very pleasing in hand. Optimus prime would be proud of how this look. Very tech’y while still maintaining class.

I for some reason do not get along with Mitsubishi shafts but I think there is solid to really good performance once dialed. Cobra had the fastest ball speed for me last year. I don’t really see them going backwards.
8543F034-7203-4BBA-91C3-1C801C04E34F.jpeg7726F334-872D-41C8-8C6D-B40DF4E175B7.jpeg

Spreading the weight out across the sole would limit how effective they could be.
So why do the fairways then? Smaller footprint, better to put on the ends? I guess that part I don’t super understand, but that’s why I don’t design them I just buy them

These are very pleasing in hand. Optimus prime would be proud of how this look. Very tech’y while still maintaining class.

I for some reason do not get along with Mitsubishi shafts but I think there is solid to really good performance once dialed. Cobra had the fastest ball speed for me last year. I don’t really see them going backwards.
View attachment 9149488View attachment 9149490
Woah where did you get these?

They look phenomenal, the color selections fit my eye really well. The increase in speed just based on shape is pretty eye opening. Will look forward to hitting these up against the rest of the releases in a couple months. Good job @Jman

Boom, my dude, thank you, that crown pic should help many here

Oh man that is sharp.

What about the PWR Bridge? I'm super curious about how that works/looks
Agreed, would love to see an internal shot of just how it looks.

Good right up @Jman! I have been hitting the LTDx pretty well lately but I'm intrigued by this one.

1.5 mph increase in speed just based on head shape alone? That seems like quite a bit. Curious to see how different they look

Wonder if that is for all swing speeds?

Great write up @Jman ! I thought the LTDx was the best looking driver last year. I’m interested to see this one in person!

Been really excited for Aerojet ever since the first chatter and leaks. Played the LTDx LS last year for about a month as a shorter 2nd driver, but never really as the main.

So, got a chance to check them out and wanted to try the LS 9 first. I recorded the first one for posterity. And so I can find it later. lol

Not the best, but I'd take that to start a round. Couple things about it. I wanted to hit it with the Kai'li White 60X stock option. I didn't like it when it came out last year in a different head, and ... I still don't. It's a bad fit for me. So I went to heat things up after that and even though I got the swing moving I was fighting for consistency with that shaft.

It's supposed to be about the heads though and not a shaft fit, so I wanted to see what the head really performed like in that setup with less me in the way. And if you caught in the video I forgot to switch off the 'Wedge' tag I was on from testing something else prior and the data was a total cluster from that anyway. So, I dialed it way back down, hit 6 with a kind of 3/4 pause swing and with a lot of focus managed to keep it pretty tight. One eh, but tried to work it up and down a little on a straight line.

Backed off Aerojet LS data.jpg

The details
Someone else hit in between and the machine got moved so I had to roll with being offline after I realized. I wasn't doing this a third time.

- Ball speed was real efficient for how much I backed down the swing. The first one up in that video was actually my only 1.46 efficiency of the entire first session. Everything else was 1.47 or higher, even on some wandering strikes and not great results fighting that shaft. The speed forgiveness with that seems solid. Something to do with the suspended bridge and PWRSHELL flex maybe.
- It's low spin for me. Low. Had a few spooky ones that would require either more loft or hanging back and trying to launch a little higher in general.
- It sounds pretty good. That's pretty personal and I've been playing the TSR3 lately, which is quite different. At slow speed I think I prefer the TSR3. It gets a little duller knock at high speed though, and this I think actually starts sounding better over about 174. I honestly can't remember the LTDx sound profile well enough to compare.

Cobra drivers have never been my favorite over the ball. I like a smooth crown. Even baby turbulators turn me off a bit. And I like a rounder looking face vs. a straighter one usually. I also don't love looking at a carbon pattern. That said, I think these look pretty darn good. Better than I expected. I like the color and finish combinations, and the shape is nice. The toe doesn't have that angular look that bothers me, and it just comes off as nice and round. Sits well.

20230109_014206.jpg

The Aero shaping is really kind of cool. It'll take a direct comparison to see the benefits, but it sure looks and feels sleek. I had a couple pictures from the side but I can't seem to find them.

So end of the first LS chapter is that I put the stock Hzrdus Black X in it yesterday, that I am very comfortable with, and had an absolute blast. Saw a much more controllable flight and speed. I'll likely go with that as stock and have a couple backup options. The $549 price is low enough compared to some to make a difference too.

Hit the standard Aerojet a few times with the Hzrdus Black and that just seems like a damn good head. Again. I thought the LTDx was tragically underrated outside the forum. I'm excited to hit it more. And the LS now that it's more dialed. Little loft sleeve and weight adjustment, along with the better fit shaft had it showing some afterburners! Will try to do both soon and compare for me, but sticking with swing limits for now and there's been a ton of new stuff to hit the last couple weeks.

Look forward to hearing more people's thoughts as they get their hands on them!

Last edited:
So why do the fairways then? Smaller footprint, better to put on the ends? I guess that part I don’t super understand, but that’s why I don’t design them I just buy them

Very different goals there. You have more room in drivers without a doubt.

Wonder if that is for all swing speeds?
It’s the average their testing showed across speeds compared to the LTDx’s I believe.

Aerodynamics are wild, I think we as golfers downplay the importance too much at times.

Does the PWR-Bridge lower in the sole, give better results to low strikes on head?

The LS is very likely to be a blind buy for me. At the Morgan Cup Jose told us the LS model was "LS on steroids" (meaning LTDx LS on steroids) and my ears perked up. Yags was talking about the speed gains and mentioned the gains are even higher for guys like Bryson and Kyle Berkshire because of the improved efficiency.

I've come to really prefer the Cobra/TM style of carbon insert on the crown of the driver. I've grown attached to the "Paradise Blue" but this looks solid too. Curious if going with the single black color means more limited edition colorways this year.

The new PWR bridge really has my mind spinning on future design possibilities. Hopefully we get some visuals of it as additional press comes out.

Thanks @Jman! The PWR Bridge sounds like interesting technology. 1.5 MPH club head speed increase from the aerodynamics 🤯. I like that the Max model is adjustable to get more draw of you need it, or less if you're just fading the core model a little too much. Can't wait to get one of these in my hands.

It’s the average their testing showed across speeds compared to the LTDx’s I believe.

Aerodynamics are wild, I think we as golfers downplay the importance too much at times.

Well that is absolutely awesome then

Excellent write up. 1.5 in shape alone is pretty awesome. Love the look of where the weights are in the LS, but the draw bias and forgiveness with the Max may be more in line with what I need. Can't wait for February to go hit these!!

Nice breakdown @Jman. Sounds like a ton of tech is packed in here.

Any chance we have a full picture of the crown at address?
20230108_154647.jpg

That's the LS. I can't find a bunch of my pictures. If I find the core I'll edit it in.

Back