Cleveland CG14 wedges are back & cheaper than ever

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
http://blog.clevelandgolf.com/?p=1298

CG14_TZ.jpg

Two-year-old technology? Gel Back Insert? No Zip Grooves? (Buzzer sounds) Wrong! The CG14 is back ladies and gentlemen, even though it feels like it was never really gone. The CG14 was released in 2009 to great avail, both on the worldwide Tours and by amateurs everywhere. We have taken the wedge that golfers fell in love with some two whole years ago and added a new spin (pun heavily intended). Check out what is new and “newer” on the CG14, just in time for Fathers Day I might add.

What we have added:

-Tour Zip Grooves for optimum face performance.
-Black Pearl Finish to reduce glare.
-Your general confidence when approaching and playing around the green.

What we have taken away:

-$$$. The CG14 with Tour Zip Grooves is now only $89.
-Any excuses.

Oh my God. I just got some dirty thoughts. Oh my god.

http://blog.clevelandgolf.com/?p=1298

CG14_TZ.jpg

Two-year-old technology? Gel Back Insert? No Zip Grooves? (Buzzer sounds) Wrong! The CG14 is back ladies and gentlemen, even though it feels like it was never really gone. The CG14 was released in 2009 to great avail, both on the worldwide Tours and by amateurs everywhere. We have taken the wedge that golfers fell in love with some two whole years ago and added a new spin (pun heavily intended). Check out what is new and “newer” on the CG14, just in time for Fathers Day I might add.

What we have added:

-Tour Zip Grooves for optimum face performance.
-Black Pearl Finish to reduce glare.
-Your general confidence when approaching and playing around the green.

What we have taken away:

-$$$. The CG14 with Tour Zip Grooves is now only $89.
-Any excuses.

That is really interesting. JB, any insight on this? I would think that these would go directly against the CG16 wedges.

I loved these wedges! They look pretty slick all Black Pearl'd out.

That is a very nice looking wedge and has me very interested.

next up, the retro 588 wedge re-introduction

how does the cg14 stack up against the cg15? I'm not a fan of the cg16.

They remade with Conforming groves now..... Interesting

Oh my gosh! I may have to give these to myself as a present for getting a new job. So very sexy! Great find mcook77!

Edit: like dxu said above, I really hope that they re-introduce the 588. If they did, I would do a lot of things to get those wedges.

I'm a Hugh fan of the CG14 and would personally opt for the older original with its pre-tour change zip grooves. I'm about ready to sell my CG15's, have just never felt right. Maybe its the cheap looking gel insert or something, but the CG14's just work.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Saw these in my local GG the other day and was wondering if I was seeing things since there was no bright yellow insert...very nice indeed. Liked my 14 I had quite well, its just no CG16 for me though lol.

oh man... 588's re-introduced in copper (becu) with new grooves would be my dream.

I have the Cg 14 and 15. The CG 15 is heavier and slightly larger. For 89$ might have to replace the older cg14 and take advantage of those zip grooves. Is this how Cleveland is going to keep the year of the wedge going? They can't make anymore clubs with the zip grooves. So they give us an older model with the zip grooves added on? Must be a loop hole in the system somewhere.

just saw this on twitter and like the look of the all black wedge. I had mixed results with a 52* CG14 I had last year. My brother has CG14's with the non-conforming grooves and he seems to like them. I hit them a few times at the range and liked them now that my game has progressed a little bit. For that price, you really cant beat these wedges.

Sweet. Need to go and try it out when it arrives at stores in Sweden.

Tappin' for world peace!

I have the Cg 14 and 15. The CG 15 is heavier and slightly larger. For 89$ might have to replace the older cg14 and take advantage of those zip grooves. Is this how Cleveland is going to keep the year of the wedge going? They can't make anymore clubs with the zip grooves. So they give us an older model with the zip grooves added on? Must be a loop hole in the system somewhere.

I'm assuming these are not the old zip grooves? That's why they call them tour zip I would think.

Tap,Tap,Tap

These look awesome. Much better with the black gel rather than the orange. If I hadn't just lengthened and re-gripped my wedges, I would seriously consider these.

I recently picked up some original CG14 Black Pearls, and boy are they good. Very forgiving, good spin, look and feel great. Anything that continues that lineage is good in my book.

I didn't like the original with the golf gel back, but these in all black is down right sexy.

just bought the 56 to supplement the HB3 set I bought this week, bringing me into the current century's technology. I took the wedge to the practice green, dropped a ball 15 yds downhill, and drained my first shot with the club! It would have been cooler on a real hole but coming from a high handicapper that's quite a feat. I can imagine this becoming my favorite club pretty quickly.

I'm assuming these are not the old zip grooves? That's why they call them tour zip I would think.

Tap,Tap,Tap

exactly due, they are still zip grooves but just conforming, thats why they are called tour zip grooves

Back