What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the golds, 72.2/137, rolling the putts where I wanted them, dang it, just wish I could read 'em better. 38-40 78
We walked in the heat/humidity but it wasn't so bad. Best ball striking since the March knee surgery but still don't have the distance and may never get it back, maybe more related to being 62 than having a knee replaced?

83 at Quail West 44/39 (6606, 72.5/144). Rained the entire time. Rough was gnarly. Putter saved me with 27 putts. Two birdie putts on the back from 20 and 25, just rounded out the day. Iron striking was horrible, so my wedges and putter were working in overdrive. Any other day I would have stayed home, but it's hard to get on the course, so I suited up and played.

27 putts in the rain, man that is impressive! Way to go!!!

I wouldn't mind the rain if it didn't have lightening in it, at least it would be cooler.

83 at Quail West 44/39 (6606, 72.5/144). Rained the entire time. Rough was gnarly. Putter saved me with 27 putts. Two birdie putts on the back from 20 and 25, just rounded out the day. Iron striking was horrible, so my wedges and putter were working in overdrive. Any other day I would have stayed home, but it's hard to get on the course, so I suited up and played.

I wouldn't mind the rain if it didn't have lightening in it, at least it would be cooler.

Got to agree with Lefty on this one, that is very impressive in the rain. I rarely get down to that few putts, but in the rain is super. Nice going biggsy.

Got to agree with Lefty on this one, that is very impressive in the rain. I rarely get down to that few putts, but in the rain is super. Nice going biggsy.

I have to agree playing in the rain is not easy that putting is awesome

Tap tap taparoo

44/44
i guess 4 is the operative number today
4 triples... 4 of them
cart path only golf sucks and im too lazy to walk the course when its muddy
usually when its muddy i thin the heck out of the ball cuz im afraid to get covered when i hit it fat
i guess its play badly when the conditions arent ideal or dont play at all since i work basically everyday =/
at least i didnt lose as many balls today as i did yesterday

40-40-43 today. about average, I'll take it considering my driving ability has gone somewhere south of :poop:ville. (this hook, I tell ya, I just don't know, I just do not know). to be able to be getting on, getting up and down a reasonable amount of time, I can't be upset about that even if I personally feel that I should be scoring better.

Yesterday I ended a 9 hole round that left me more steamed than I've been in a long time. Was 2 over going into the 9th (hit about an 8 footer to save par after a horrid chip on the 8th. Gave a little fist pump), which is a medium par 3 with elevated tee's, a bunker on the right side of the green, and tee's all along bothsides, it's narrow (not narrow for really good players, but for average players it's tight) yardage says 172, I'm not certain on the accuracy of that, especially when you factor how they move the tee's and pins around. Longer hitters (i'd say 270 or more) hit 6-7 iron to the middle usually, I normally have to hit 4 iron.
So I hit my 4 iron, I actually put a pretty good swing on it, it starts out just far enough down the right side that it clips a tree, careens left into the tree's on the left side, bounces around in there and lands right behind a tree. I have no shot, it's right near the trunk, i have to stand behind the tree and just sort of swipe at it with my 3 wood (probably not the right club, as I played the hole a little flustered, not happy with myself about that) just to get it out. my third I'm over a 100 yards out, still in the trees on the left, try to hit some kind of quarter knockdown 7 iron through the trees and up near the green. chip on with my 4th and two putt. from 37 to 40 in one humiliating swoop.

48 today after work 1 better then yesterday but felt much better, had a couple really nice drives that felt good. Greens were rock hard and fast again today couldn't hold a green from any distance. Putting myself behind trees off the tee needs to stop, hitting my 2nd sideways into the fairway doesn't lead to good scores.

3 putted my way to a 40 on the front - missed the bird putt - then the par putt on 9.

44/44
i guess 4 is the operative number today
4 triples... 4 of them
cart path only golf sucks and im too lazy to walk the course when its muddy
usually when its muddy i thin the heck out of the ball cuz im afraid to get covered when i hit it fat
i guess its play badly when the conditions arent ideal or dont play at all since i work basically everyday =/
at least i didnt lose as many balls today as i did yesterday

Can't agree anymore with this. But atleast you went out to play?

Today shot a 87 2nd time in 13 rounds this year 46 18 putts on front, 41 16 putts on back this after a 98 yesterday so 8 out of 13 rounds have been under 100 tomorrow going for 7 straight - 100 had 13 bogies out of 18 holes never did that before

Had my final league night tonight, there is a second league that starts next week for the second half of the season but I don't think I'm gonna do it. Anyway, started out really well, parred the first 2 holes, and even went for the second hole (par 5) in 2, missed just off the edge of the green, had a nice chip, but missed my little 4 footer for birdie off the edge but it was a big breaker. Anyway, started strong, even par thru 4 holes, then hit my tee shot OB with a huge hook on 5, ended up with triple. That started a downward spiral...finished with 44. I'm still having a problem pushing the ball right and I don't know what my deal is. I try to swing the same every time and I hit some great shots but then push most of them. Driving wasn't very good today, chipping and putting was great, otherwise my score would have been worse. First time I have played 9 holes in a week tho, but I definitely need to try to get out 3-4 times each week over the next 2 weeks before my tournament.

Horrible 86 today......... 44-42

Thank you guys. It was still hot and humid too, I had to take off my rain jacket at one point because it felt like a sweat suit. Greens were still running well. Really getting used to this putter.

It's still raining actually...this shot is from this morning.

4c650e3a-6b41-ffc2.jpg

Went back to the course to play a quick 9.

Score: 39 (+3)

2 Doubles
1 Bogey
4 Pars
2 Birdies

Guess it's not a bad score with 2 dubs.

Today shot a 87 2nd time in 13 rounds this year 46 18 putts on front, 41 16 putts on back this after a 98 yesterday so 8 out of 13 rounds have been under 100 tomorrow going for 7 straight - 100 had 13 bogies out of 18 holes never did that before

Wow jcuray, great score. Still getting it done I see. Congrats.

Went back to the course to play a quick 9.

Score: 39 (+3)

2 Doubles
1 Bogey
4 Pars
2 Birdies

Guess it's not a bad score with 2 dubs.

Sounds like a great score to me Dent, lol. I shot the same, but mine was playing as hard as I could to get that, haha. I actually played extremely well for me, just could not get the longer putts to drop. 39 with 2 rather easy birdie putts missed as well as a couple other very possible ones.

Wow jcuray, great score. Still getting it done I see. Congrats.

Sounds like a great score to me Dent, lol. I shot the same, but mine was playing as hard as I could to get that, haha. I actually played extremely well for me, just could not get the longer putts to drop. 39 with 2 rather easy birdie putts missed as well as a couple other very possible ones.

Nice round then duey, truly shows your potential if you had a 39 with some missed opportunities. I still had many terrible shots but it just helped that I birdied both par 5's. A score in the 30's is always good.

I got out for a very early 9 holes before work and I shot a 36!!! I have never wanted to go to work less this morning. I just wanted to finish the round and see what kind of score I could finish with. It is so funny when you are on because I had three putts that were 1 or 2 revolutions from being in.
Outstanding round Dr. Teeth!

I went 40/43 for an 83 (+11) and honestly I'm angry about it even though I know I shouldn't be.

Its the combination of wanting to (and being SO close for SO long) break 80 and the fact that the second week of August I'll be playing the rounds with my dad for the first time in almost 13 years...and he's been talking trash. He's about a 6-9 Handi but has shot sub-par in his time, I just want to be close.

Anywho.

2 Birdies
4 Pars
11 Bogeys
1 Double

7/14 FIR's
8/18 GIR's
1 Penalty
1 Sand Shot
36 Putts

Now, I'm undeniably disgusted in that last stat. I was 4 strokes from breaking 80 and was 6 putts over my bad day average on the greens. That just eats me up as I pride myself on putting, pride.

Gonna go at it again tomorrow though, I don't want to sound super pessimistic because there are good things! My iron and wedge game is ON right now. Just need it all to click!

Ugh, today was not my best day. The flat stick failed me big time. I shot an 80. Miss 11 putts 10 ft and under 6 were for birdie the others for up and down. Hit the ball well just couldn't finish. That's the game and what makes you want to come back.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Shot my best score of 76, that's with a few mishaps (2 lost balls). Best shot would have to be an eagle chip on 18 (par 5, set up by a 240 yard 2 hybrid shot).

Liking these new clubs and can't wait to shoot under par one day.

Shot a 76 for my third straight round in the 70's! Starting to heat up now!!! Hit 9/14 fairways, 12 GIR, and 31 putts. Went -2 on the par 3's and 5's! Finished birdie, birdie! Great day!
Sorry for the overuse of the exclamation point! I do not typically yell everything I say!

Got out for a quick round this AM and played two differnt balls (Nike 20X1 and MG c4 tour) and counted every shot. I was also testing my EZONE hybrid by Yonex.
I shot a 76 with the Nike and a 79 with the MG c4 Tour. Made more putts with the Nike and didn't miss as many shots. Had a couple of pentalty strokes with the MG as well. Learned alot this morning, it was good to be out by myself with my clubs and thoughts

I had a 68 with two holes to go. It started pouring and still is. I might of had a personal best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back