1st Round Pairings - The Morgan Cup

hahaha, not nervous. Jake will be fine. I have my reasons, but I am sure if I said them on THP I would catch HELL!

Just by reading prior posts it would seem a tough pairing for you. I have a buddy that I used to play with and I had never been able to beat him. It just seemed no matter how I played he just beat me.

At some point though, you break through. I'm not in any way doubting the abilities of TC and OEM but P4B is going to really put that behind him. One T is gonna on top of his game too. I don't see either of them letting this one turn out in favor of Team hackers. Should be a really fun match to follow.

Just by reading prior posts it would seem a tough pairing for you. I have a buddy that I used to play with and I had never been able to beat him. It just seemed no matter how I played he just beat me.

At some point though, you break through. I'm not in any way doubting the abilities of TC and OEM but P4B is going to really put that behind him. One T is gonna on top of his game too. I don't see either of them letting this one turn out in favor of Team hackers. Should be a really fun match to follow.

This morning when I go to the range I'm going to be playing the first round matchup in my head, you guys are going down. I win 80% of the fictional matches I play!

I wish we had more time for these matches. How fun would it be if the other team members could follow along with each match, reset, play the next match and everyone follows along again? I know it would take forever, but it would be exciting to have your whole team pulling for you throughout the match. I guess Team Hackers will just have to close out a few matches early so we can go off and follow the action in the other matches.

This morning when I go to the range I'm going to be playing the first round matchup in my head, you guys are going down. I win 80% of the fictional matches I play!

Haha...that's a pretty solid winning percentage CB.

That's solid my Canadian friend.

I'm only about 60% of time, everytime.

of course it will be tough, he is a hell of a ball striker.

I am still a bit baffled by the pairing of the brothers. I am ready for it, but its gonna be tough.
It's two against one, in a scramble, you are going to sail through this one.

It's two against one, in a scramble, you are going to sail through this one.

Boooo! TC counts as two, and Jake can't play in Florida so it's more like 3v 1.5 - hackers

Boooo! TC counts as two, and Jake can't play in Florida so it's more like 3v 1.5 - hackers
Jake can't play in Florida. Oh how I love to hear that. Jake will be just fine, you should worry about all those 3 putts instead of me there Yappy.

Calling Team Paradise captain: have you seen esox or arydolphin? They still playing in August? At least we know that all of Team Hackers will show up next month. :D

I agree on all counts Awesome but I'm just not sure with that amount of pressure that the breakthrough will happen that day. I think this is going to be a great match though. I think that OEM is being slightly overlooked though.

Yeah I said that before you. :) But it's not by Team Paradise. Trash talk aside we know he is going to surprise some people just looking at handicaps.

I agree on all counts Awesome but I'm just not sure with that amount of pressure that the breakthrough will happen that day. I think this is going to be a great match though. I think that OEM is being slightly overlooked though.

Yeah I said that before you. :) But it's not by Team Paradise. Trash talk aside we know he is going to surprise some people just looking at handicaps.
Couldn't agree more. OEM's game has improved tremendously since I first saw him on the range in Englewood over two years ago.

Dr Teeth put up a great post on the first round pairings. Great analysis and very witty and a good read. Enjoy!

Okay so I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath on my break down of the first day pairings, so here they are. First off, let me say that although I am supporting Team Paradise I am not letting this cloud my judgement in anyway. So here they are:

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- I am saving the first round for last, because IMO this is the pivotal matchup of the morning. So on to the second group.

Ryan Belbin & John Biggs vs Jarrod Krug & Andrew Aurand- The Big Hitters vs 4 iron and Precision. First off believe the hype! Biggsy and Rbelbin can hit the ball a mile! (Since there is a Canadian on this team I will translate that into metric). This team can hit the ball 1.609344 km! That being said Team Hackers has a guy that doesn't even need to use a driver! He steps up to the tee box and tells his caddie "4 iron please!" Yes they may be hitting the ball from 100 yards (or 91.44 meters) behind Biggsy and Belbin, but they have a secret weapon. AHA!!! This guy can hit the ball closer to the pin from 180 than most people can from 20 ft! My prediction is Team Hackers will have an Ah Ha moment and take the point from Team Paradise.

Kevin Dunn & Marc Gradillas vs Donne Willingham & Ryan Staples- This going to be a battle of some unknowns, at least unknown for me. On the one team we have Yoccos and Esox, the old and the young, the Seefu and the Grasshopper, it is a combo that has worked in the Ryder Cup and it may just work here. Next we got adwillingham and DirtyDawg, a couple of down home country boys who are not afraid to get down and dirty in order to grind this thing out. But in the end I think Yoccos hitting draws all day long and Esox stroking that ball into the cup like it is a cat in need of a good grooming is going to tip the balance in favor of Team Paradise.

Dean DeCrescenzo & Amol Yajnik vs Matthew Buemi & Ben Kember- The recent appearance of filmmaker M Night Shyamalan on The Hackers Paradise, showing off his golfing prowess has given life to this team that was previously known only for using shovels to get the ball in the hole. But this team has their work cut out for them because they are going against some stiff competition. Dispite the fact that this team should be essentially a one man team considering one of their players is both a lefty and a Canadian, normally a fatal combination, but in this case two negatives do equal a positive and it is one giant, 6'4" positive by the name of Coolbreeze. Coolbreeze made a bold move by cutting his signature locks and this had many wondering if this was a good idea or if like Sampson of old he was cutting the very source of his strength. On the contrary he has come away from the shearing a new man, leaner, meaner and cleaner. That coupled with his kicking of the cig sticks and the fact that CG13 only needs one putt per hole with his new Ghost Tour Marinello putter and I believe Team Hackers has this one in the bag!

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- Finally, the pivotal matchup! A matchup that has so many levels it deserves its own thread. Brother vs Brother. Equipment Tester vs Equipment tester. Team Hackers is team that has a man that owns every single club known to mankind teaming up with a man who has only ever 4 clubs his whole life because they don't make it left handed. Team Paradise consists of a couple of funny talkers, who despite their inability to speak proper English, can flat out play! P4B, the big man with the aerodynamic head! This guy drives the ball like Bubba Watson! No he doesn't have Bubba's distance, but he does have his banana slice. But don't be fooled by his ability to workability the ball, because he is consistently in the middle of the fairway. One-T who can at times be inconsistent with the driver is peaking at the right time smacking drive after drive 300+ and straight down the middle, plus, this guy doesn't need a spaceship to putt with. He is like a surgeon with his precision blade dropping putt after putt. Team Hackers is headed by their fearless leader. A man who looks 25 foot, nay 45 foot putts in the face and laughs as he sinks them in the dark with a crowd full of naysayer looking on. His golfing ability is the stuff of legends and his youtube videos have changed the face of golf forever! Finally there is OEM. What can you say about a man who goes out and buys a driver that he is going to receive for free a couple of weeks later, except that he is serious! His motto is "Look Good, Play Good", and he exemplifies this motto. Team Hackers is legit and is going to give Team Paradise a seriously hard time with there play, but in the end I predict that the combined play of Team Paradise pulls this one off on the 18 hole.

So like every good soccer match should be, I have it 2-2 after the first round, but I think that it is going to be close and a few matches could go either way. I can't wait to see what the Round 2 pairings are and you bet I will give my predictions on that one too.

Really curious to see how some others think the morning session will go.

I think Dr. Teeth should be named the official TMC columnist.

Kevin

Kevin

Agreed it was fascinating reading what others think about the matchups- I'd love to hear others thoughs on who'll win matchups.

I started mine going through some final reviews and I'll post my thoughts on matchups soon

I don't have a clue. The only THP'er I've ever met and played golf with is Ary.

Kevin

And to think that I always assumed that would be GG and myself. :alien:

Last edited:
I loved Dr Teeths post and game analysis. Funny and interesting stuff. It will be really interesting to see how it all ends :D

Tappin' for world peace!

And to think that I always assumed that would be GG and myself. :alien:

How about we make Dr Teeth the official West Coast TMC Match-up Analysis Columnist then? :act-up:

Back