Netflix price increase

calebt17

Reaction score
Handicap
Good question. I would like to hear about other options as well. We use Netflix almost daily.

It's bs and honestly I think it will hurt their business. Maybe not if they had newer movies on streaming and had them faster. I know a few people at work saw this earlier on cnn and they pretty much logged into netflix and cancelled on the spot.

I'm dropping from 2 Blu-Rays out at a time to 1 and keeping the streaming (even though I haven't watched anything on it in months).

Ive been debating on canceling my 2 Bluray service for awhile now, so this helped me make the decision. I love the instant streaming way too much to cancel though.

I'm not happy about it either. I'm already shopping around for an alternative. I just signed up for the 2-week free trial on Blockbuster's mail service today.

Very tempted to cancel my account completely. Netflix should do like most cellular companies and grandfather the plans and pricing of current members.

Just frustrating. I think it's time to either just move to the streaming only membership or cancel it altogether.

I'm curious to hear what people think of Hulu Plus too. I've actually been debating it recently.

Just milking the cow. And what hurts the most is that their comments towards the situation was "put up with it or leave"

I love the streaming way too much not to keep it(use ps3 daily and when bored try and find something on it..without the commercials!)

We don't have netflix but my inlaws do and they were over the other night. We tried to find a streaming movie we liked, but could only find old(er) movies. Now for kids shows, the streaming seems awesome. I was a little shocked at how much the price increase was. THe new movies aren't stream-able right?

We don't have netflix but my inlaws do and they were over the other night. We tried to find a streaming movie we liked, but could only find old(er) movies. Now for kids shows, the streaming seems awesome. I was a little shocked at how much the price increase was. THe new movies aren't stream-able right?

Correct on both accounts, my kids love netflix. New movies are not available streaming. About a month ago, they pulled a lot of movies due to contracts with movie studios ending. I cancelled directv to save money. I use netflix, hulu, over the air channels, and espn3 from my xbox 360.

I'm glad this thread popped up. I just cancelled my account with Netflix. We rarely used it and this thread reminded me of how little we used it.

I just recently resubscribed to try the streaming service, but this will all but seal the deal on canceling. I was with them for a year before the streaming and thought it was a good value. Doesn't seem like it any more.

I'm interested in what others think of hulu.

Netflix needs more current titles to hold my interest.

This is going to make me a red box user. I have netflix because of the streaming. Unfortunately my laziness does not keep the new release DVDs flowing enough to justify the price.

What a shame.. I really enjoyed the combination package, but each individually are not worth the price at all.

I don't like it either but I'm still gonna pay. $15 a month is still good for all the streaming I do and 1 movie out at a time.

I'm leaning on canceling my service. Have both streaming and DVD but I seem to only use one DVD per month.

Review it before you cancel. If you stream only, it's 7.99 a month which isn't bad at all. My problem with Netflix is the quantity of movies they DON'T have. Seems like many newer (1-2 years) good films aren't available. /rant off

Going to drop the DVDs by mail and go strictly with streaming. Save the $7.00 extra and just go to redbox or a blockbuster kiosk.

I use the streaming daily for old TV series and what not...

New prices take effect September 1. Will be canceling on August 18, the last billing date before then. Might keep streaming-only and get newer DVDs via Redbox. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

Netflix needs more current titles to hold my interest.
You cant beat red box
Might keep streaming-only and get newer DVDs via Redbox.

My kid likes watching old series and that weird anime' stuff on streaming so I'll keep that.
Since I can get movies for a buck on Redbox, I'll drop that on Netflix. Warner Robins, GA isn't a giant town and we have seemingly a ton of boxes so I can usually always get what I want to watch. Plus I can reserve on my phone :good:

im a redbox junkie!

I have horrible timing....I just bought new blu-ray players so I could stream movies from NetFlix and give the finger to Comcast and their high prices in my area. Looks like I'm back to the C word and will have to continue to utilize RedBox as well

You cant beat red box

I love Red Box ...BlockBuster Exp. did the crap If its new now $3. I say Bye bye NetFlix

Timely thread as I was just thinking about signing up for Netflix. Guess I will have to re-think that......

I have always just done streaming and I really like it. For 7.99 I can watch just about every episode of every TV show I love.

Back