The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going to be one of the guys that is 'supposed' to be good. Not sure which one, but with expectations comes the chance for bigger letdowns.

Interesting take, but I think it might work the other way. The better players are probably the ones that are more confident in their game, and won't be as nervous as those that may be struggling a bit with their game. But the expectations theory is interesting.

The ones that that are the most intense, always feel the most pressure. The ones that look at this event differently, wont feel the same pressure as the others.

What do you mean by differently? I think that if someone walks up to the first tee, goes through their routine, and looks at it like a normal tee shot, they'll be fine. But if they look at it as something much different, and focus on things like the cameras, spectators, and announcements instead of focusing on their shot, they could feel a ton of pressure unexpectedly.

One other thing: if you've never heard your name announced on the first tee, that's something that can jack up the pressure right there. I know that for some guys in the Morgan Cup, it's not a big deal at all. I will say that when I heard my name announced on the first tee for the first time in a tournament, my heart rate jumped up, and I wasn't expecting that.

What do you mean by differently? I think that if someone walks up to the first tee, goes through their routine, and looks at it like a normal tee shot, they'll be fine. But if they look at it as something much different, and focus on things like the cameras, spectators, and announcements instead of focusing on their shot, they could feel a ton of pressure unexpectedly.

One other thing: if you've never heard your name announced on the first tee, that's something that can jack up the pressure right there. I know that for some guys in the Morgan Cup, it's not a big deal at all. I will say that when I heard my name announced on the first tee for the first time in a tournament, my heart rate jumped up, and I wasn't expecting that.

I mean some look at The Morgan Cup as a competition and while it is one, others look at it as an event. While they want to win, they dont really care because in the end, its about a bigger picture. Then there are those that look at this as a competition first and the bigger picture is not as much a concern to them. Its not right or wrong, but different.

This thread is getting me all messed up, I went up and bro hugged some lady at the Grocery Store last night. I thought I heard her say "Morgan Cup Team Hackers" but it turns out she was talking to her daughter "Morgan" about a hacksaw. She didn't appreciate the bro hug one bit. Stepped back and floored me with a roundhouse kick to the jaw...pretty mobile for an older lady!

Knocked out by an old lady huh? Glass Jake

I mean some look at The Morgan Cup as a competition and while it is one, others look at it as an event. While they want to win, they dont really care because in the end, its about a bigger picture. Then there are those that look at this as a competition first and the bigger picture is not as much a concern to them. Its not right or wrong, but different.

Respectfully, Coach Edwards doesnt agree JB....

Win or lose the MC... Everyone is still a winner in the overall game of life, well everyone except TC. ;)

Tappin the keg!

Tc...dormie through 10. Laugh it up

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

hawk out of all 12(or 16) golfers who do you think will be the most nervous on the 1st tee Sat AM?

Esox. He has put it out there that he is good.

:rofl::rotfl::laughing::joy:

I, along with others doubt your honesty but damn funny if true.

I call "a male cow pooping"! This new One-T is see through.

I might be nervous though. :)

Plenty of us have been nervous and missed the sweetspot. That was my whole college career. Now that I've gotten to know the participants a bit more, I'm really looking forward to seeing the next wave of pairings.

Same here! I'd like to know more your thoughts on the nerves and whatnot.

Plenty of us have been nervous and missed the sweetspot. That was my whole college career. Now that I've gotten to know the participants a bit more, I'm really looking forward to seeing the next wave of pairings.

Interesting take, but I think it might work the other way. The better players are probably the ones that are more confident in their game, and won't be as nervous as those that may be struggling a bit with their game. But the expectations theory is interesting.

Yea, it will be interesting. I think expectations of greatness could be tough to live up to, especially in match play. Should be fun to watch.

Same here! I'd like to know more your thoughts on the nerves and whatnot.

Everyone will have nerves, I think the early advantage will go to the players who have the most reliable preshot routine. While most guys have some kind of routine, the ones who have a dependable, repeatable routine should gain a slight advantage. Its one thing to go through a routine and jsut go through the motions, but its another thing to do one because its part of your shot. I dont have a great routine yet, but everytime I practice, I try to work on it more and more.

That's definitely some food for thought. Makes sense.

Everyone will have nerves, I think the early advantage will go to the players who have the most reliable preshot routine. While most guys have some kind of routine, the ones who have a dependable, repeatable routine should gain a slight advantage. Its one thing to go through a routine and jsut go through the motions, but its another thing to do one because its part of your shot. I dont have a great routine yet, but everytime I practice, I try to work on it more and more.

*multiquotes*

You all make me sick.

Anybody have any thoughts on how they are going to handle things when they aren't going your way? I know it can be hard to bounce back from bad shots for some people. This questions is for team paradise, of course.

I call "a male cow pooping"! This new One-T is see through.

If he's really up and posting hesdown that's a mental game with which I am not familiar

Haha, the old multiquote. Bounce back you say? Just have to stay in the right frame of mind. I'll be lucky to playing with and be around some great people who will be there to remind me of what this is all about. Sounds simple but I don't have a lot of the experience these other guys have. Which in all honesty, I see as an advantage. This is just going tobe a helluva lot of fun, win lose or extra holes :)

*multiquotes*

You all make me sick.

Anybody have any thoughts on how they are going to handle things when they aren't going your way? I know it can be hard to bounce back from bad shots for some people. This questions is for team paradise, of course.

*multiquotes*

You all make me sick.

I think that is a bigger unknown. Things go bad for me when I speed things up. Whether its my swing or my routine. When I get fast things don't go well.

Of course I could hit a ball off a tree and let it hit me. That turned my day around on the champions course enroute to a back 9 41

just tap it in!

Oh no, I am down. I played like hawk today.

I think that is a bigger unknown. Things go bad for me when I speed things up. Whether its my swing or my routine. When I get fast things don't go well.

!

Making mental note not to pair myself with ddec in future outings...hehe

Oh no, I am down. I played like hawk today.

You played like a guy that won on the Champion Course against your partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back