Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
Well its time for me to replace my wedges, I need a 54 and a 58 but am struggiling with finding the right one. I hit a bunch today and just couldn't find ones I liked better than my cg15...I just don't have 180$ to drop on them. My local pro shop offered me an incredible deal on two mizzy mp t11's 80 bucks for both after i traded in my cg15 for 20 bucks...I was so excited and read up on these wedges and when i went today I could not hit them...I would thin everything. I liked the callaway jaws and the nike vr forged some but really nothing matched the feel and performance of my cg15...what do you guys recommend I do as a cheaper alternative...thanks!

Stop thinning the Mizzies.. hahaha!!

Hard to say man.. You want top tier performance out of a club that isn't top tier, it's hard to think you'll get it..

Might be able to find solid deals on the Jaws around the net or the bay..

I would never give up My CG 15 or CG16 Wedges :banana:

I mean unless you want the new grooves, the older model JAWS wedges are awesome to me. Great feel, spin, and easy to hit. And you can pick them up for around $60 depending on where you buy them.

Stop thinning the Mizzies.. hahaha!!

Hard to say man.. You want top tier performance out of a club that isn't top tier, it's hard to think you'll get it..

Might be able to find solid deals on the Jaws around the net or the bay..

Wait are you saying mizzy's aint top notch? haha I heard they were great...well just not for me...

I mean unless you want the new grooves, the older model JAWS wedges are awesome to me. Great feel, spin, and easy to hit. And you can pick them up for around $60 depending on where you buy them.

Yeah my pro shop didn't have the old jaws in the lofts I was looking for:mad-tongue: (or I couldn't find them) :p

Wait are you saying mizzy's aint top notch? haha I heard they were great...well just not for me...

Oh no, the Mizuno's are legit, I just assumed they were off your list based on your experience with them.. That said, I am not so sure the club is to blame for thinned shots haha!

I have the CG16's, love emmmmmmmm. I do have a brand new 60 degree CG15 that I'm going to sell soon. I was gonna post it in the marketplace eventually, looking for $80+shipping.

If you know you like the JAWS, go here!

This is where I got mine, and they luckily have both lofts you want. Plus, click here to get a free hat with your purchase!

Oh no, the Mizuno's are legit, I just assumed they were off your list based on your experience with them.. That said, I am not so sure the club is to blame for thinned shots haha!

Oooh yes the brutal truth...haha lessons are always more important than clubs IMO...but these I thinned more than any other...must just been a different weight head that didn't like my swing..

If you know you like the JAWS, go here!

This is where I got mine, and they luckily have both lofts you want. Plus, click here to get a free hat with your purchase!

Hey thanks for the link, I will definetly consider this...are these the old non conforming ones? On second thought i better stock up on balls cause just hitting range balls with theese jaws wedges It was leaving parts of the cover in the grooves haha

Oooh yes the brutal truth...haha lessons are always more important than clubs IMO...but these I thinned more than any other...must just been a different weight head that didn't like my swing..

Out of curiosity, why not just buy a 54* CG15 to go along with your 58*?

Out of curiosity, why not just buy a 54* CG15 to go along with your 58*?

My 58 is toast...def needs replacement (worn out)

I agree. I wouldn't trade mine for anything right now and the price was right for me at $69 each recently.

My 58 is toast...def needs replacement (worn out)

So what is your budget? I really can't imagine finding a better deal than two MPt11 wedges for 80 bucks after your trade in.. That's a great deal, really..

I've seen quality eBay stores carry the CG14s for 60 and the CG15s for 80, but not much less than that..

Hey thanks for the link, I will definetly consider this...are these the old non conforming ones? On second thought i better stock up on balls cause just hitting range balls with theese jaws wedges It was leaving parts of the cover in the grooves haha

Yes, these are the old grooves. The best thing to do is take these to the range and hit a lot of range balls with them to help dull the edges a little, that way you won't be eating your golf ball. Almost every old groove wedge eats balls when it's brand new.

I really don't have a preference to new old grooves...old ones seem probably better cause i need as much spin as possible...oh yes and @10yarddraw I know the mizzys are an awseome deal...my pro shop is awseome and they are having a "garage sale" and selling them for 2 for 110 (extremely lightly used demo's) but if you talk to a rep they always lower the price and then i could get 20 bucks to trade in my cg 15....budget is like 130

Okay so after todays round I am convinced that there is no better wedge than the cg15,I really hit it great today...too bad there pricey cause mine needs serious replacement!

If you are that in love with the cg15, I would hold off on buying new ones until you can get what you want.

If it was me, I'd end up hovering over every shot thinking "man I wish I had a cg15 in my hands".

If you are that in love with the cg15, I would hold off on buying new ones until you can get what you want.

If it was me, I'd end up hovering over every shot thinking "man I wish I had a cg15 in my hands".
That's exactly how I would feel too. I would wait until you can get what you really want. I wouldn't settle for something else, just so I could have it faster.

Yup thats what I will be doing...just bums me out that there so much more money than say the mizzys at my pro shop

Sounds like you just need to save up and get some CGs. Did you check the length of the Mizzy's? I wonder if they were a hair shorter than your wedges now

No I didn't...I just don't see why i thinned those so much worse than any other wedges...owell time to start saving!

Back