Tiger playing the Firestone!!

Easy speculation there. We all know it is all about the Majors so this is simple math. Haney talking about TW seems odd to me. Doesn't he have a player of his own he can be selling? Something about Hank seems untrustworthy since he quit TW.

No, he no longer teaches tour players.

I'm glad he's coming back, but I hope he isn't rushing it.

[interlooper raises his hand]

Damnit! I like you.

I hope he plays well for sure. Not like last year. That was painful.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

How dare Tiger take away from the Greenbrier Classic by announcing he is coming back next week.

How dare Tiger take away from the Greenbrier Classic by announcing he is coming back next week.
Yeah... talk about stealing Trevor Imelmans thunder. Thunderstealer.:laughing:

YAY! Now we won;t get to watch ANY other golfers play on TV, SWEET!

YAY! Now we won;t get to watch ANY other golfers play on TV, SWEET!
I know right, I can't wait to re-see all his highlights. Besides Phils Masters has there really been all that much though?

People have an issue with the timing of some announcements and being the same time as certain tournaments like The Open Championship and they assume its the same with all tournaments. Yes, some tournaments are bigger than others and should be left for the news of that tournament.

And people wonder why some truly cannot stand these threads.

I know right, I can't wait to re-see all his highlights. Besides Phils Masters has there really been all that much though?

Huh???

Just havin fun with it. We know the coverage will go back to being lopsided regardless of who is on top.

Just havin fun with it. We know the coverage will go back to being lopsided regardless of who is on top.

What does Phil Masters coverage have to do with the Firestone and Tiger Woods?

What does Phil Masters coverage have to do with the Firestone and Tiger Woods?
Oh sorry, I was referring to memorable highlights. The past couple years only a few come to mind and Phils are my faves.

I hope for his sake that he is actually healthy and can play all 4 days (assuming he makes the cut). Definitely good for the exposure of golf when he is in the field.

This tourney doesn't have a cut. Maybe he likes it because he can say he played a weekend. Anyways I am happy that he is back. For the sport, not really tiger. I have been on other news sites reporting this and all of the comments from the mass public have been, to sum it up - (Yes I can watch golf again. Didn't think I'd be able to all summer.) That's seriously how most of them sound.

Joy, joy our hero hath returnth to saveth golf!

I'm hoping he plays some decent golf and that the injuries are healed.

Tigers tweet:
Feeling fit and ready to tee it up at Firestone next week. Excited to get back out there!
Twitter for iPhone • 7/28/11 7:29 PM

cool! I am curious to see how he'll do.

also: Jzier no nike hybrid!! come on!

Great. Doubt he'll be relevant but I would love to be surprised.

Great. Doubt he'll be relevant but I would love to be surprised.

Depends on your interpretation of "relevant"? In the golfing sense or in the media can't get enough relevant?

Depends on your interpretation of "relevant"? In the golfing sense or in the media can't get enough relevant?

Now I think every THPers knows the media blows tigers coverage through the roof. I meant tournament wise. What's sad is no matter where tiger finishes the talk will be about "how his knee will hold up" or how him and the caddy got along..it'll be about everything but his game on the course.

Just my thoughts though

Now I think every THPers knows the media blows tigers coverage through the roof. I meant tournament wise. What's sad is no matter where tiger finishes the talk will be about "how his knee will hold up" or how him and the caddy got along..it'll be about everything but his game on the course.

Just my thoughts though
Because that's what 95 % of the people who watch this tournament will want. And I'm not in that 95% , just saying though,

I expect that even the tour guys will be happy to see him. he brings ratings which drive ads which pay big purses which the tour guys love. With TV contracts coming up for renewal soon, him playing is a good thing.
I want to see him healthy, first, then playing well.

Who cares?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Me :)

I'm a Tiger fan, when he's hot it's a great watch, unfortunately for all of us certain issues have taken him away from good golf.

I for one hope he plays well, as Tiget playing good golf is undoubtably good for the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His short game should've improved at least.

Not holding out too much hope for the quality of play until I see him play.

Back