2024 Paris Olympic Medals

Thrillbilly Jim

DillyWood Express #2
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The 2024 Paris Olympic medals will feature a piece of iron from the Eiffel Tower. Thoughts? I like the homage to Paris, but think a piece of scrap metal cheapens the overall medal.

1707487321418.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Says link is broken

I actually like it as an idea. I think what cheapens it more than anything is that the Olympics are a corrupt event that scorched-earth's everywhere it goes

I put a picture in the first post because link was not working @Thrillbilly Jim

I was looking at those, I like it from the standpoint that it holds something special from the city it is in.

I'm imagining them chipping away at a piece of history in order to celebrate something hahaha
It says they were removed during renovations, but I get your vision.

I like having that touch to it.

I think it’s brilliant. It’s not scrap, it’s the Eiffel effin tower. 🤣

Very cool. Adds a unique spin. Also

1707487781424.gif

I like the idea, it's unique, I just don't know that I like the looks of the medals.

I like it! Excited for the inevitable apple pie sliver that will be in there in 2028!

Pretty cool to include that in them, IMO.

Paralympics not Olympics

Eh not a fan of the ridges around the middle. I don't really care either way. If golf wasn't an Olympic sport, I probably would spend my time watching something else.

I like the idea. It makes them special.

I think it’s pretty cool honestly, now to just have team USA win enough of them where we can build our own mini version of it. The ultimate power move.

I'm sorry y'all, I like the thought of including something like that as a part of the Medals, but those over all are just , meh

I like them.

I like the idea

Back