1st place finish!

Dr.Deuss

Reaction score
Handicap
This weekend I played in the Sacramento State Fair Net Championship, held at my home course Ancil Hoffman. Two day tournament which didn't get quite the expected turnout. Only had about 40 players, split in two flights. I was in the President's (first flight) and one of ten playing to single digits. I shot a 78, net 69 in the first round, which was very good for me, which put me one shot back in a tie for 2nd. Only 5 players out of 20 in red numbers. 3 chip-ins, and several tough par saves kept me going. Today's round didn't go as smoothly. Had trouble finding fairways, but played strong recovery shots. No birdies, fair share of bogies, and missed a few short putts to save par, yet I hung on to post an 82, net 73. I held the early clubhouse lead at 2 under 142 and anxiously awaited the finish. Final group posted with one man ahead of me with net 69 68 for 137. (playing straight up he only had me by 1 shot.) He took overall champion and was taken out of the flight, which left me alone in first place for the President's Flight! So while it goes on the books as a 1st, still feels like a 2nd. The event was run by 4 very nice ladies and they said they were really hoping my score would hold up, and they had been pulling for me. They wanted a rookie to win and said I was "the true winner!" I won't go into all the things that were said about the "Overall champion," but it did take away some of the disappointment.

All in all a great weekend, I played well and posted consistent scores. Even though I didn't have my A-game yoday, I didn't break down under pressure and stayed calm through the tough breaks. I definitely feel like I am making strong progress in my game, and have a great confidence boost before Club Championships start in two weeks. This also makes 4 straight Top 5 finishes for me.

Trophy:
Spoiler
IMG_0083.jpg

Results:
http://sacgolfcouncil.org/results_sfnet11.asp

Playing another tournament this coming Thursday, then match play starts September 17. Thanks for reading, and congrats to all the Morgan Cup participants!

That's awesome man! Congrats!

Congrats of the win Doc!

Congrats man!

Congrats

I *LOVE* that trophy. Congratulations!

great win congrats lad

Congrats man, being from Sacramento myself thats totally awesome. And Ancil Hoffman is one of my favorite tracks EVER!!! Love that place.

Congrats Deuss! A win is always good for the confidence!

Congrats, sounds like a great championship. Great trophy.

Nice going Dr. D, no matter how you look at it you did win, you have the hardware to prove it. Proud of you.

Very nice. Job well done

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Congrats on the win. I like that trophy its looks pretty cool.

Wow !!!

Congrats Dr. Deuss !!

Thats a pretty awesome trophy! Congrats on the win Deuss!

Great job! Congrats!

Congrats - very cool experience!!

Congrats man.

Congrats!

Great Job!!!

Congratulations!

Way to go!

Nice work man. Congrats!

congrats. awesome you get your name on the trophy. :D

Back