New Harrison Shotmaker

A quick announcement from Harrison.

The G insert and the insert tool are sold out. The next shipment is scheduled to arrive by 8/24. The demand for both items continues to exceed our forward leaning projection. The sold out grip cap hole cutter will be in stock Monday.

On 8/24, the LD flex insert will be available for the first time. The quantity will be limited. If you are interested in the LD flex, place your order with your local SM dealer early.

We are doing the best we can to serve you, and we do apologize for the inconvenience

Just to let you know, we still have the G insert, the insert tool, and the cutting tool in stock, should anyone be interested in ordering.

http://www.blind9golf.com/harrison-shotmaker-golf-shaft-stabilizer.html

A quick announcement from Harrison:

As a part of our ongoing R&D efforts to develop an insert for .350 tip golf shafts, we will exchange one Shotmaker insert (excluding tools) for one of the following .350 tip stock shafts:

Aldila Rip for Callaway RAZR Hawk
Project X 5.0 for Callaway Octane
TFC 169D for Ping G20

If you have any one of these pull-out shafts and you are interested in a trade, please PM me. (The tip of the shaft must be in good order.) Thanks.

Every time I read about the buzz with the shotmaker. I can't help myself to think "Is this just what Tiger needs right now ?". Who needs Foley anyway if he can not find the fairway.

Anyone else besides Dr. Teeth tried Counter/internal weighting weighting with the SM. Seems to me that a driver like the Superfast, or Sub-300. would benefit from both of these technologies.

Harrison Sports will be hosting a Shotmaker giveaway for fans of our official Facebook page, Harrison Golf.
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?...0020&init=q#!/pages/Harrison-Golf/80232211486

These are the details:
• 10 Shotmakers will be awarded to fans of Harrison Golf Facebook page.
• Participants cannot win more than one time.
• Participants must be a fan of Harrison Golf
• Participation is limited to U.S. and Canadian residents only.

The giveaway on Harrison Golf’s Facebook page ends on 9/30. Become a fan and write a post titled “Shotmaker Giveaway” in the Shotmaker Giveaway event.

Last edited:
Harrison Sports will be hosting a Shotmaker giveaway for fans of our official Facebook page, Harrison Golf.

These are the details:
• 10 Shotmakers will be awarded to fans of Harrison Golf Facebook page.
• Participants cannot win more than one time.
• Participants must be a fan of Harrison Golf
• Participation is limited to U.S. and Canadian residents only.

The giveaway on Harrison Golf’s Facebook page ends on 9/30. Become a fan and write a post titled “Shotmaker Giveaway” in the Shotmaker Giveaway event.

Cool - thanks for doing this!

So very very fascinating. Definitely something I'm going to have to visit.

The Shotmaker does two things: it dampens impact shock (but not residual vibration), it significantly reduces or elminates shaft deformation. The part about dampening impact shock is easily understood. The part about interrupting shaft deformation is not.

Shaft deformation is inherent in every golf shaft. Below is a link to a high speed golf swing video of Tiger Wood available on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9Wb9JKpTE

From the video, we can all see that the shaft deformation process is apparent and inherent throughout most of the swing. Shaft deformation contributes to a significant increase in inaccuracy. Reducing shaft deformation has been the quest of shaft designer everywhere. But as long as there is only one shaft body, shaft deformation will always be there, and this Tiger Wood video is one example.

The Shotmaker interrupts the shaft deformation process because it is a foreign body sitting inside the golf shaft. It made it difficult for the shaft deformation to manifest itself during golf swing as to produce up to a 40% increase in accuracy. MyGolfSpy has also documented a 38% reduction in side spin.

What the Shotmaker does to reduce shock impact also contributes to a higher degree of accuracy. Human hands are not the hand of a robot. Human skin and flesh are soft. Lower impact shock has its benefits. That said, the Shotmaker does not dampen residual vibrations like Sensicore because it does not contain any soft elements on its exterior. Residual vibrations transmit feel, and we want them to pass through to the golfer.

The Shotmaker sits at least 6" away from the tip of the golf shaft and below the flex point. It is positioned to preseve the playing characteristics of the original golf shaft. The Shotmaker is locked at one point only. It allows the golf shaft to bend and twist around it.

It took Harrison 7 years to develop this product. Harrison has received 4 patents and have pending patent on the Shotmaker design.

The Shotmaker does two things: it dampens impact shock (but not residual vibration), it significantly reduces or elminates shaft deformation. The part about dampening impact shock is easily understood. The part about interrupting shaft deformation is not.

Shaft deformation is inherent in every golf shaft. Below is a link to a high speed golf swing video of Tiger Wood available on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc9Wb9JKpTE

From the video, we can all see that the shaft deformation process is apparent and inherent throughout most of the swing. Shaft deformation contributes to a significant increase in inaccuracy. Reducing shaft deformation has been the quest of shaft designer everywhere. But as long as there is only one shaft body, shaft deformation will always be there, and this Tiger Wood video is one example.

The Shotmaker interrupts the shaft deformation process because it is a foreign body sitting inside the golf shaft. It made it difficult for the shaft deformation to manifest itself during golf swing as to produce up to a 40% increase in accuracy. MyGolfSpy has also documented a 38% reduction in side spin.

What the Shotmaker does to reduce shock impact also contributes to a higher degree of accuracy. Human hands are not the hand of a robot. Human skin and flesh are soft. Lower impact shock has its benefits. That said, the Shotmaker does not dampen residual vibrations like Sensicore because it does not contain any soft elements on its exterior. Residual vibrations transmit feel, and we want them to pass through to the golfer.

The Shotmaker sits at least 6" away from the tip of the golf shaft and below the flex point. It is positioned to preseve the playing characteristics of the original golf shaft. The Shotmaker is locked at one point only. It allows the golf shaft to bend and twist around it.

It took Harrison 7 years to develop this product. Harrison has received 4 patents and have pending patent on the Shotmaker design.

It actually does one other thing...

It freaking works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great range session yesterday with the Shotmaker in my R11. The combo of the Shotmaker with the ahina shaft is a fantastic one. I have been hitting this driver more consistently than ever, which is funny, because a couple weeks ago I decided to bench the R11 in favor of the Heavy Driver (which I also love!). Well I think the R11 got the message and has been back with avengence since then. I got some launch monitor data again, but the data isn't extremely useful since I was not producing the most consistent swing. Still it shows that my dispersion with the Shotmaker in is tighter. Also, the spin numbers where off on the launch data because on several drives the launch monitor double the spin numbers, so when you look at the data it looks like the Shotmaker is increasing spin, which is definitely not the case. I am continually impressed by the Shotmaker. It just seems to work!

453bc897-b6fb-b708.jpg

I had a great range session yesterday with the Shotmaker in my R11. The combo of the Shotmaker with the ahina shaft is a fantastic one. I have been hitting this driver more consistently than ever, which is funny, because a couple weeks ago I decided to bench the R11 in favor of the Heavy Driver (which I also love!). Well I think the R11 got the message and has been back with avengence since then. I got some launch monitor data again, but the data isn't extremely useful since I was not producing the most consistent swing. Still it shows that my dispersion with the Shotmaker in is tighter. Also, the spin numbers where off on the launch data because on several drives the launch monitor double the spin numbers, so when you look at the data it looks like the Shotmaker is increasing spin, which is definitely not the case. I am continually impressed by the Shotmaker. It just seems to work!

453bc897-b6fb-b708.jpg

Wow, that's great Dr! I must have missed something, I had no idea you were having fits with the R11. Last time we played you put me to shame w/ the R11. Which driving range do you go to for testing?

anyone know of a dealer in the phoenix area?

Bill's Golf Shop is the Shotmaker dealer closest to you.

14211 Boswell Blvd.
Sun City AZ 85351
( 623 ) - 933 - 6438

14211 Boswell Blvd.
Sun City AZ 85351
( 623 ) - 933 - 6438

perfect, thanks!

Interested in this. Looking at the chart and videos of Ernie and Sergio posted, I don't load my driver as extreme as Sergio is with that iron, but more than Ernie is with his driver. My SS on the last montior session was 100mph. It looks like F is the recommended flex. Looking forward to trying this out.

Wow, that's great Dr! I must have missed something, I had no idea you were having fits with the R11. Last time we played you put me to shame w/ the R11. Which driving range do you go to for testing?

I stopped by Redtail. That place is awesome! In fact I owe you a big thanks for letting me know about it.

Any dealers in San Diego?

14211 Boswell Blvd.
Sun City AZ 85351
( 623 ) - 933 - 6438

closed until middle of next week and is out of the shotmaker anyways (actually reached bill's cell phone while he was in virginia). any other suggestions to pick one up by tuesday for a birthday present?

By Tuesday will be very tough, any one who has it will have to ship UPD Red to you for you to get it in time. Try Back9golf, Kepler Golf, Value Golf and Dave Hohnketo (812-336-3283) see if any one of them has it. We are out of stock with E, F insert and insert tool until Wednesay.

Just ordered mine, can't wait til it comes in.. Hope it works well!!

I had one installed last week and it seems to be working as advertised. My draw has been cut down from about 15-20 yards to about 10-15. I am definitely going to have to alter my setup as I am used to starting my drives out over the right rough and have it come back to the left side of the fairway. Now my shot starts toward the right rough and sometimes straightens out over the very right edge of the fairway. My miss is still a hook and I didnt expect the SM to change that. A bad swing will result in a bad result no matter what you play with. The SM makes my good shots even better. If there is a fairway bunker on the left side of the fairway, I dont worry about it as much. I know my shot wont turn over so much that it puts it in play.

I recommend trying this product out. It wont turn your slice into a fade but it will help control your fade on good shots. It isnt something that you have to install permanently and given how hot these items are now, it would be pretty easy to sell if you had to. I am going to keep it in. It is not hurting my game and I can keep reusing it if I decide to change drivers.

A quick announcement from Harrison: With the exception of the E insert, all other inserts, insert tool and cutting tool are all in stock. E insert will be in stock on 8/25.

I had one installed last week and it seems to be working as advertised. My draw has been cut down from about 15-20 yards to about 10-15. I am definitely going to have to alter my setup as I am used to starting my drives out over the right rough and have it come back to the left side of the fairway. Now my shot starts toward the right rough and sometimes straightens out over the very right edge of the fairway. My miss is still a hook and I didnt expect the SM to change that. A bad swing will result in a bad result no matter what you play with. The SM makes my good shots even better. If there is a fairway bunker on the left side of the fairway, I dont worry about it as much. I know my shot wont turn over so much that it puts it in play.

I recommend trying this product out. It wont turn your slice into a fade but it will help control your fade on good shots. It isnt something that you have to install permanently and given how hot these items are now, it would be pretty easy to sell if you had to. I am going to keep it in. It is not hurting my game and I can keep reusing it if I decide to change drivers.

Well put. It DEFINITELY won't fix a swing flaw, but if you've got a fairly repeatable swing, the results have honestly been there for me with the shotmaker. Plus, like you said, you can move it from club to club over the years!

Exactly! This is how I feel as well. A bad swing is a bad swing, but it mutes the negative spin that you see coming off your shots. It has given me the ability to play a really pretty high fade, much like the Heavy Driver.

Back