New Harrison Shotmaker

I can tell you I have a SS around 95-100 and I found the F to be too stiff, i've now put an E in the shaft and I couldn't be happier. It does everything it says it does and I'm shocked at how well it works.

CB great to hear that it is working for you. Sean I have a SS of 105 and load pretty late. I had the E flex and found that it didn't do as much as I would like, so I sent that one to CB and got the F Flex sent to me, and it just feels perfect. It is one of those things where when you have the right flex it just feels right and you can see the results in your ball flight.

Determining your load factor

Determining your load factor

The Shotmaker insert is load and swing speed sensitive. The next question is how to determine the loading force of your swing. There is an easy but inaccurate way to get a reference.

If your loading is similar to Ernie Els, then you have mid load. (see Ernie Els golf swing video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PavZWf05MqU&feature=related)

If your loading is like Sergio Garcia, then you have high load. (see Sergio Garcia golf swing video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMlRNJxQ0dY&feature=related)

Use the load factor and swing speed that is closest to your swing to identify a proper Shotmaker flex. Naturally, the best solution is to consult your local store to have them fit the inset for you.

I've been seriously contemplating getting one, but am a bit confused about the load factor. E or F...that is the question.

CB great to hear that it is working for you. Sean I have a SS of 105 and load pretty late. I had the E flex and found that it didn't do as much as I would like, so I sent that one to CB and got the F Flex sent to me, and it just feels perfect. It is one of those things where when you have the right flex it just feels right and you can see the results in your ball flight.
My concern is to purchase one and find out it's the wrong flex Dr. Teeth. My SS is around 88-92 mph.

The Shotmaker insert is load and swing speed sensitive. The next question is how to determine the loading force of your swing. There is an easy but inaccurate way to get a reference.

If your loading is similar to Ernie Els, then you have mid load. (see Ernie Els golf swing video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PavZWf05MqU&feature=related)

If your loading is like Sergio Garcia, then you have high load. (see Sergio Garcia golf swing video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMlRNJxQ0dY&feature=related)

Use the load factor and swing speed that is closest to your swing to identify a proper Shotmaker flex. Naturally, the best solution is to consult your local store to have them fit the inset for you.
Thanks Fastmc. I'm between Ernie Els and Sergio Garcia. I put my zip code in Harrison's dealer locator and there were no stores listed in my area.

Please PM me with you zip code, we will try to find a dealer for you. There are currently 170 Shotmaker dealers throughout the country. It is insufficient to support all the golfers interested in trying the Shotmaker. If there is a reputable golf store near you that we should work with, please let us know. We will be in contact with them right away to get them to carry the SM for you. If you don't mind, please give the store owner a nudge. It would make our job easier. Thank you.

My concern is to purchase one and find out it's the wrong flex Dr. Teeth. My SS is around 88-92 mph.

Thanks Fastmc. I'm between Ernie Els and Sergio Garcia. I put my zip code in Harrison's dealer locator and there were no stores listed in my area.

love to see companies reach out to the community!

You could contact the guys at Blind9golf and if I am not mistaken there is a 30 guarantee on the Shotmaker. Dennis will get you what you need and make sure you are happy. If I was to guess, I would think you would be either a D or E flex and I would lean towards the D flex.

Really interested in this product as well. My swing speed is 95-105, depending on how aggressive I get with my Cleveland XL 270. I'm thrilled with my driver so far and usually hit most fairways with it, but a little better dispersion never hurts. I'm wondering if the Harrison shotmaker would upset the balance of an ultra light driver like mine. Not to mention, with some of the drives I've been hitting recently, I need to get my swing speed checked again because either my increased confidence with this driver has me swinging faster, I'm getting better launch conditions, or I have been getting some really fortunate bounces lately.

Wow, interesting stuff... It's hard not to be a little dubious of these claims as it seems a little too good to be true. BUT the science behind it at least seems possible... because the insert is floating, I'm guessing it doesn't affect actual shaft stiffness very much until at the very end of the swing when SS is maximized and the centrifugal force pushes or "wedges" it into the tip causing some tip stiffness increase at impact. And I guess that could lead to some stabilization of the tip which would help with dispersion.

I would also guess it might reduce overall clubhead speed by a fraction by reducing the whip effect of the tip and clubhead, but if that small clubhead speed decrease leads to better contact, then its probably a net gain in distance and dispersion.

Hmmmm...

Question for you testers, does putting the insert in destroy your grip forcing you to regrip your driver?

Wow, interesting stuff... It's hard not to be a little dubious of these claims as it seems a little too good to be true. BUT the science behind it at least seems possible... because the insert is floating, I'm guessing it doesn't affect actual shaft stiffness very much until at the very end of the swing when SS is maximized and the centrifugal force pushes or "wedges" it into the tip causing some tip stiffness increase at impact. And I guess that could lead to some stabilization of the tip which would help with dispersion.

I would also guess it might reduce overall clubhead speed by a fraction by reducing the whip effect of the tip and clubhead, but if that small clubhead speed decrease leads to better contact, then its probably a net gain in distance and dispersion.

Hmmmm...

Question for you testers, does putting the insert in destroy your grip forcing you to regrip your driver?

Yes and no. You have two options either you can cut a hole in the grip, place the Shotmaker and add the 4 gram weight that is included to counteract the 4 gram weight if the Shotmaker. Or you could place the Shotmaker and regrip the club.

We have published a video explaining how the Shotmaker works. This is the link http://www.youtube.com/user/harrisongolf1#p/a/u/0/U3CLzMUYlhg

Your explanation is fascinating but not exactly how the Shotmaker works. In addition, the Shotmaker has no effect on clubhead speed.

Hmmmm...

There is a third option to cap the grip hole. You could cap it with a nylon grip plug. However, to conform with USGA rules, the grip plug must be glued in place. We suggest that you use the Gorilla glue for this purpose.

Yes and no. You have two options either you can cut a hole in the grip, place the Shotmaker and add the 4 gram weight that is included to counteract the 4 gram weight if the Shotmaker. Or you could place the Shotmaker and regrip the club.

A quick announcement from Harrison.

The G insert and the insert tool are sold out. The next shipment is scheduled to arrive by 8/24. The demand for both items continues to exceed our forward leaning projection. The sold out grip cap hole cutter will be in stock Monday.

On 8/24, the LD flex insert will be available for the first time. The quantity will be limited. If you are interested in the LD flex, place your order with your local SM dealer early.

We are doing the best we can to serve you, and we do apologize for the inconvenience

The G insert and the insert tool are sold out. The next shipment is scheduled to arrive by 8/24. The demand for both items continues to exceed our forward leaning projection. The sold out grip cap hole cutter will be in stock Monday.

On 8/24, the LD flex insert will be available for the first time. The quantity will be limited. If you are interested in the LD flex, place your order with your local SM dealer early.

We are doing the best we can to serve you, and we do apologize for the inconvenience

What is an "LD" insert?

LD insert is one step stiffer than the G insert. It is called LD (long drive) because user likely have rather high swing speed and driving distance.

LD insert is one step stiffer than the G insert. It is called LD (long drive) because user likely have rather high swing speed and driving distance.

Thanks for the info. I can imagine - must be 115 or more MPH for that one!

Would you recommend E or F for my 102 SS, with between medium & fast tempo. ?

Would you recommend E or F for my 102 SS, with between medium & fast tempo. ?

I'm VERY similar as you by that info and the F has been perfect for me. I'm SERIOUSLY very impressed by this thing so far.

I'm VERY similar as you by that info and the F has been perfect for me. I'm SERIOUSLY very impressed by this thing so far.

Thanks Jman

I guess I will try the F. With 30 day money back, figure can always exchange later for E if the F does not work out. Will order today :)

Thanks Jman

I guess I will try the F. With 30 day money back, figure can always exchange later for E if the F does not work out. Will order today :)

That was exactly my thoughts on it too. Good stuff!

This has been my experience as well. Shotmaker is the real deal!

That was exactly my thoughts on it too. Good stuff!

Spoke with Frank @ Harrison, and with his help based on my SS and swing characteristics, ordered a "F".
Looking forward to trying it out. Going on a couple of Golf trips to UP (aka Northern Michigan) this August/September so will get a chance to put this through extensive play/testing and report back.

Ah, how we love this expensive, addictive hobby !

This has been my experience as well. Shotmaker is the real deal!

BIG time!

Spoke with Frank @ Harrison, and with his help based on my SS and swing characteristics, ordered a "F".
Looking forward to trying it out. Going on a couple of Golf trips to UP (aka Northern Michigan) this August/September so will get a chance to put this through extensive play/testing and report back.

Ah, how we love this expensive, addictive hobby !

Good stuff, can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Back