TaylorMade Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

Where did I say you were lying?
Dude, you need to chill out!
I said I need to work on it because I am no where near where you are.
Good lord!!!!

Your sarcasm is pretty apparent!

I'm just gonna leave this one alone. I don't wanna offend anyone.

My best drives withthe Kai li were 275-285. I pied one out there with the guys in cincy out driving Canadan at 293.

The attas gave me more height, and extended carry maybe 10-15 yards, nowhere did I EVER claim 40 yards.

Ary and I had drives gpsd to 278 on the par 5, left me 188 in, I hit. A 5 iron he hit a 6.

I guess 40 was a little off. 305-278 = 27
So close to a 30 yard gain.

Man I don't know about these internet yardages. I can only drive the ball about 260 with a driver that fits me perfect.

Why would cg13 be lying? I saw him hit some great tee shots. It is what it is.

Ihad a 293 with the kai'li in cincy before the MorganCup with Canadan and marcw.

But I'm going to stop posting bc apparently JB's whipping boy is not allowed to improve or post scores/drives from the weekend.

I was updating my sponsors threads as I've put the equipment through their paces, I thought since playing with most of you I would be able to post hard results but I guess that isn't in the cards for me.

Sorry everyone, I was trying.

Ihad a 293 with the kai'li in cincy before the MorganCup with Canadan and marcw.

But I'm going to stop posting bc apparently JB's whipping boy is not allowed to improve or post scores/drives from the weekend.

I was updating my sponsors threads as I've put the equipment through their paces, I thought since playing with most of you I would be able to post hard results but I guess that isn't in the cards for me.

There is something seriously wrong with you.
I have NOT ONCE in this entire thread said anything of the sort.
You can try and constantly read more into it than you want.
I give up. You can play the martyr all you want here!

Dude, don't worry about it. I'm sure they're just busting your balls the same way they do about your routine. I think you've done a great job updating your sponsors thread, in fact, better than many of the TM staffers. Shake it off. I appreciate the feedback and the data.

It's apparent that some just like pile'ing on you for some odd reason.

Why would cg13 be lying? I saw him hit some great tee shots. It is what it is.

I'm not gonna say lying I'll just call it misinformation. There are things that just aren't possible.

PS I think CG is a great player I just don't understand these claims. Maybe I am wrong here.

Wow, so you saw 290 carry now. That is PGA Tour distance, that is awesome. Man oh man, I would kill to see that distance since we have very similar swing speed and launch numbers. You have me by 40-50 yards. I better work on the rest of my game.

JB you dont ever have to say anything. I am not an idiot, your tone and sarcasm is apparent in this post alone.

My best drives withthe Kai li were 275-285. I pied one out there with the guys in cincy out driving Canadan at 293.

The attas gave me more height, and extended carry maybe 10-15 yards, nowhere did I EVER claim 40 yards.

Ary and I had drives gpsd to 278 on the par 5, left me 188 in, I hit. A 5 iron he hit a 6.

That was the par 5 where you could cut the corner and hit the downslope past the bunker in the middle of the fairway, I'm pretty sure my ball did that. I'm usually in the 240-260 yard range with the driver.

I'm pretty sure that CG13 just looked at my freakishly long backswing all day long in our singles match, and after I won, he said "well, I've got to swing as long as him to have any shot of being as good as him!" :alien:

<activate mod voice>

Guys, let's keep this about the TaylorMade metalwoods and not get into stupid arguments about distance.

<deactivate mod voice>

I give up.
Time for me to go look online for one of those new computers that can tell tone by the written word.
*Puts on cool tinfoil hat*

I did not personally witness this, but with the conditions that day, he could have easily have gotten 50-60 yards of cartpath bounce to get to 293

j/k

and he certainly isnt someone that is going to lie about it...maybe Dan will chime in

JB you dont ever have to say anything. I am not an idiot, your tone and sarcasm is apparent in this post alone.

Duuuuude, slow down some.

I'm not gonna say lying I'll just call it misinformation. There are things that just aren't possible.

PS I think CG is a great player I just don't understand these claims. Maybe I am wrong here.

I'd be curious too, if thats possible I'd love to find out how because I would in a heartbeat.

I saw CG hit some good drives at reunion. But I didn't think they were much better than most of mine and I only hit the ball about 235-240 down there, Morgan Cup Approved GPS yardages.

I saw CG hit some good drives at reunion. But I didn't think they were much better than most of mine and I only hit the ball about 235-240 down there, Morgan Cup Approved GPS yardages.

The par 5 15th I had 270. Over the water and palm trees...

That was a great drive. That was one that sticks in my mind.

Duuuuude, slow down some.

Its frustrating buddy, to take it like I did down there, everyday. I'm not as thick skinned as I need to be, delete my last 10 posts.

I'll only post information from now on when I play with THPers. My word means nothing clearly, after being active on here for two golf seasons :(

You don't have to justify yourself man. Just keep updating the thread like you have been. You're one of the few that actually takes the time and effort to do so for your sponsor.

IMO, you're getting crap b/c of your slow play and not b/c of your findings. It's B.S.

You don't have to justify yourself man. Just keep updating the thread like you have been. You're one of the few that actually takes the time and effort to do so for your sponsor.

IMO, you're getting crap b/c of your slow play and not b/c of your findings. It's B.S.

I can promise you thats not my MO. While the slow play thing would keep me from playing with Matt in the future it's hardly the reason I have a hard time believing these distances.

TC I :love: you.

I can promise you thats not my MO. While the slow play thing would keep me from playing with Matt in the future it's hardly the reason I have a hard time believing these distances.

TC I :love: you.

I don't know what else needs to be said. He's basing everything off of a GPS, who knows. Is it as reliable as a vector? No. But it's his findings and he's updating his sponsors thread, which is kind of him to do. I just hate seeing someone get discredited then mocked.

Are you effin kidding me right now?
Any time someone comes on here and talks about picking up 27-30 yards with a shaft change, there are some initial thoughts like "whoa, wtf".
You do it all the time to people on THP. I appreciate you sticking up for a friend here, but nobody bashed him. People have initial thoughts anytime they play with someone that plays one way, makes an equipment change and gains 30 yards.
If I told you tomorrow that I picked up a new Miyazaki shaft and picked up 30 yards, you dont think certain people would say "hey look, its a sponsor" or "I call BS" or "I have seen you play, thats not possible".
Its human nature to doubt things that are so rare its almost unheard of.

I think its great that Matt has found a club he likes. I think its great that he is seeing distance gains. Which is EXACTLY what I said! To question something like this is no different than is done anytime on this forum a distance thread comes up.

I don't know what else needs to be said. He's basing everything off of a GPS, who knows. Is it as reliable as a vector? No. But it's his findings and he's updating his sponsors thread, which is kind of him to do. I just hate seeing someone get discredited then mocked.

Fair enough, I'll just leave it be.

My best drive with the Kai li was 293. Best ever. Was it my average he'll no. As I pulled up to the ball with Canadan I said dang i think this could be my first 300 yd drive. Nope! Just shy.

I hardly ever swing 100% bc I'm afraid I'll miss right or put it OB, I go tback from the Morgan cup and said to he'll with playing safe, I took belbs advice on hitting it longer and tried it on the range. It felt great just swinging fast and hard.

I tried it on the course with the pentas yesterday and two of the 14 drives I hit, were 295 and 305.
So that's 2 and 12 yards over my best with the Kai li. Definitely not the 40 or 30 you keep saying. In fact I never said once I saw that dramatic a gain.

I never said it was my tour average! I said it was my two longest! I also said I missed everything right but i didn't care anymore. I was having fun, and updated what I thought of it.

I'm sorry to cause all this drama, I came here to talk about the sport I love. I met guys and friends I considered brothers I never had, but I don't take the sarcasm/mocking well, it was tough in Florida to take it everyday but I tried.

I just don't think I can do that again, to play with all of you was an honor, but thick skinned I am not.

Good luck to you all, certainly didn't want anything to end this way.

Back