Difference in Wedges

GTGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone, I'm wondering about your thoughts on wedges. I have the CG12 which cost me 100 apiece, and I tried out these cheap Pinemeadow wedges for 20 bucks that I like better. What is the the advantage of OEM wedges?

Its about finding a wedge that works well for you. its not about making sure that it has a brand on it. If you preferred cheaper wedges, there you go.

Hey everyone, I'm wondering about your thoughts on wedges. I have the CG12 which cost me 100 apiece, and I tried out these cheap Pinemeadow wedges for 20 bucks that I like better. What is the the advantage of OEM wedges?

Ive said it before, regardless of brand or style: If it works, it works. Who cares what it is.

I would chip with a shovel if it stuck everything close.

In the grand scope of things, everyone has their brand of choice, but if you find a piece of equipment that you like and feel that it benefits your game, go with it.

Next to the putter I think wedges are the most personal thing in the bag. It doesn't matter what name brand is on the club, if it works for you then that is the club to go with. I will say however that if you bough those CG12's when they first came out and game them regularly, the grooves are going to be pretty dull at this point and you could have like the new wedges simply because they have sharp grooves.

Next to the putter I think wedges are the most personal thing in the bag. It doesn't matter what name brand is on the club, if it works for you then that is the club to go with. I will say however that if you bough those CG12's when they first came out and game them regularly, the grooves are going to be pretty dull at this point and you could have like the new wedges simply because they have sharp grooves.

I agree with this breeze, and wherever you come up with them, if they work for you, then they are the best for you.

That's a great find especially if they work for you! It's all about how they feel to you, not brand name.

I carry 3 wedges because each presents me with the characteristics I look for in a wedge. I agree 100% with CB it's a personal choice.

Its about finding a wedge that works well for you. its not about making sure that it has a brand on it. If you preferred cheaper wedges, there you go.

I agree. If it works, it works. I wouldn't worry about what brand it is. Price and name does not always equal performance.

There really is no advantage to an OEM club if you can find a clone that you like. I gamed Pinemeadow clubs when I first started playing golf in the late '90s and I think my father still has my old Pinemeadow, "The Last Wedge" 68 degree and it still works as well today as the day I bought it.

Back