What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regripped the new Clay Long 206.2H with a new white Golf Pride "Player's Wrap" grip. Verdict is still out on the grip.

Regripped the new Clay Long 206.2H with a new white Golf Pride "Player's Wrap" grip. Verdict is still out on the grip.

Keep us informed. I am very interested in that grip.

Keep us informed. I am very interested in that grip.

Will do, I've had it sitting for a while, nabbed it because I was super intrigued. Feels pretty good in hand, wish they had black and red though. For the price, def worth a look.

I went to the range for awhile today. Cleaned my clubs, and made a tee time for tomorrow.

I had a lesson this morning, and then went back to the range this afternoon to try and get things figured out. It was also a Callaway Demo day at my course, so I got to take a few whacks with the Razr Hawk Tour Driver. I was pretty lukewarm about the club.

Went to the driving range this afternoon and worked on the same thing I've been focused on all summer: solid contact with my irons. I am happy to report some noticeable improvement. Definitely less topping, and fewer thin shots. Fewer fat shots, fewer slices, fewer hooks. Lots of actual solid shots with shallow divots. I even think I've gained about 1/2 a club worth of distance over the past 3 or 4 sessions. Such a huge difference from late May, when I was still trying to get comfortable with a proper interlocking grip (I was doing it wrong for years and years and years) and every shot I took was preceded by 30 seconds or so of triple checking everything before swinging the club. Now I have a much better sense of how close I should be and what my (inital) posture should be. But I still have a long, long way to go - and my ambition is to improve to the point where I am a "bogey" golfer, hopefully next year or the year after. Actually becoming a good golfer seems a decade away at this point. Improving as a golfer happens very slowly, short step by short step, as far as I can tell. Perhaps the best advice that can be given to beginners is "manage your expectations".

Anyone ever played night golf?
I want to play but don't know any place around here, gotta be a place somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent this morning at Golfsmith's Demo Days with a bunch of different OEM's there.

Sooner, what did you think of the demo day? There is another one next month, so I am interested if you thought it was worthwhile. I was afraid of it being packed and not enough equipment to test or reps to speak too.

Sooner, what did you think of the demo day? There is another one next month, so I am interested if you thought it was worthwhile. I was afraid of it being packed and not enough equipment to test or reps to speak too.

Are you sure it's not just a company or two next month? They do the Demo Days twice a year and this one ended yesterday so they won't have another big one for about 6 more months. The big Demo Days are great. They have a ton of companies out there from all the big OEM's to little guys (Boccieri was out there this weekend) to different grip tents and shaft tents with all kinds of stuff to test out.

I got in a short driving range session before getting poured on... I hate that. Will be updating the iCaddi thread in a bit

When I can't get out or get to the range I practice chipping and short pitches in my backyard. I have just enough room to hit a 1/4 to maybe up to a 1/3 pitch shot depending on the wedge or a full flop and still keep it inside the yard. I mow the grass to different heights so I have everything from tight lies to rough to hit from. Makes for a good practice and helps build touch especially if you hit to small targets.

Sundays I usually go to the course and spend a couple of hours at the driving range, practice my short game at the practice green, hit some balls on the range and then go to the putting green and practice there as well. I never play on Saturday or Sunday that is the time for those who have to work during the week.

Went to the driving range today. Best 90 minutes at the range ever (for me at least). 9i & 7i were locked in...I couldn't believe how many shots were landing within a 10 foot radius. Admittedly, it was a 10 foot radius around a spot about 10 yards left of where I was aiming, but any sort of consistency feels real good right now!

large bucket at the range, then 27 holes of chip and putt. then another hour on the putting green working on chipping and putting. great practice session today. range felt great new back swing is feeling good. chip and putt was good putting was really good today. chipping needed some work so got that worked out on the practice green afterwords. prob gonna go play a round tomorrow.

Heading to the range, going to work on keeping good posture through the swing and swinging more inside out.

Just helped my wife straighten up after the kids went to bed, so I am going to clean up my golf shoes and put in some new spikes. Big night.

Went to GG to get another 910H but they didn't have a 17* so I hit the G20 17*. It was nice but didn't hit it consistently enough. Hit the new Mizuno MP-59, the TM TP MB and the R11 irons. Fondled a few other clubs too.

Ordered some more Kentwool socks and some 10g weights for my Spider Ghost.

I spent some time on a launch monitor trying to figure out my driver woes. Hitting the ball on average higher than I would like, with the wet fairways lately that has resulted in zero roll. Backspin #'s were up around 3200, and my attack angles were on the positive side, gotta get that corrected soon.

--
tapatalk

Mashie M1 15.50* M3 20.50* New $75.00 ea

Went to GG to get another 910H but they didn't have a 17* so I hit the G20 17*. It was nice but didn't hit it consistently enough. Hit the new Mizuno MP-59, the TM TP MB and the R11 irons. Fondled a few other clubs too.

How was the G20 hybrid and R11 irons?

Yet to hit the irons, I want to real bad. I might do that tomorrow. Steal moms truck use her gas and make a trip down there haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit a bucket with the ML4/Saga combo and had a good indoor putting session for about 30 minutes.

I played a round of golf with an old HS buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back