NUNCHUK Shaft Review

Ya I trust the results, GH is probably the only place in town with a LM so I kinda gotta trust it : ). But yes, everyone in town goes there b/c they trust the manager there, he's a good guy.

I did see a small drop in spin compared to my current driver but that's not saying much after testing both out. the Fubuki constantly beat the nunchuk by several hundred rpms per shot, what REALLY surprised my was the launch, there was literally 0 difference in the launch for me between these two. I'm going to get both out on the range this week and see if this %100 true or not but it was very surprising for me.

Nice, let us know how the range testing goes.

Great update P4B! Looking forward to reading the full review.

Great posts by everyone else, as well. Lot's of surprising information in this thread. The one thing that didn't surprise me though is the shorter overall distance that folks are seeing, even with the lower ball flight. I found the same thing was true for me when I found a driver that I could often hit lower than my usual overly high (or so I thought) ball flight. I was thrilled with the trajectory at first, but soon realized that the lower shots just weren't going as far as the ones I thought I hit too high.
This nunchuk shaft still has me intrigued though because it is such a different approach, and it will be nice to see if it works as advertised in the long run.

I played a few holes with the Nunchuk vs my Miyazaki yesterday evening. I hit two tee shots on 3 holes, one with each shaft.

Hole #2:

Miyazaki - struck well, right side of the fairway
Nunchuk - struck well, blocked right a little. Ended up in right rough about 15 yards short of the 1st tee shot.

Hole #3:

Miyazaki - Struck deecent and ended up on right side of the fairway
Nunchuk - First Ball: High slice OB
Second Ball: High slice OB
Both balls with the nunchuk were within 3' of one another OB.

Hole #4:

Nunchuk - Struck very well and went dead straight. Mid trajectory. Ball was about 25' short of where my typical drive is on this hole.
Miyazaki - First Ball: High slice
Second Ball: Smallish fade right, ended up same distance as Nunchuk

Overall: As of right now, I'm not sure the Nunchuk is worth the hassle for me. I hit my current driver/shaft well most of the time. I'm not sure if the drastic change in shaft weight on each throws off my swing, but I had several slices occur, which is not a typical miss. The shaft length is also different, Miya: 45.5" Nunchuk: 44.5", and I had some issues with where the best ball placement is for the Nunchuk. I played it like a 3 wood on the 4th hole and struck it well. I still want to get a range session in and compare it with the RIP and Miyazaki again. Hopefully that happens one evening this week.

I ended up have a little medical procedure last Tuesday so I haven't been back out on the course. Looking good for Friday though to get some work back in.

I ended up have a little medical procedure last Tuesday so I haven't been back out on the course. Looking good for Friday though to get some work back in.

Sorry to hear about that W-Tex. I hope you're back to playing shape soon.

Quick update, I was able to get out with the Nunchuck shaft before I left last week for a driving range session and 18 holes and again for 18 holes yesterday. I'm playing again tomorrow and by the end of the week should be getting close to wrapping things up with this review, stay tuned.

They say curiosity kills the cat, well I just couldn't hold off any linger and I decided to give Nunchuck a shot. It is such an interesting product to me and I wanted to have an opinion one way or another and the only way for ms to do that was to jump in and get one. Lucky for me a fellow THPer had one that he wanted to get rid of, so it worked out well for the two of us. As many of you know I am fascinated with golf shafts and the technology that is put in to them. I have been doing my own testing of the Shotmaker and I was really interested to see for myself howthe Nunchuck compared. It arrived yesterday and today during lunch I was able to get out for a quick range session. I hit about 10 balls with the Nunchuck in my driver and 10 balls with it in my 3 wood. it is very early in my testing, but so far I like it in my driver, but I could not hit my 3 wood off the deck with it. The shaft looks great, I know you have seen pictures but here is another one for you.

c6e4d318-589d-9f6e.jpg

As far as the weight goes, I can tell that it is there, which I wasn't expecting to since I backweight my own driver. It wasn't a negative, but it was noticeable. As far as the feel goes, I could actually feel the flex in this more than my own driver (but I am hitting a very stout ahina with a Shotmaker in it). I liked what I was seeing from the flight, the ball didn't move much for me, but I can also see what people are talking about as far as pulling their shots with this shaft. I didn't feel like this launched any lower than my current setup, so that made me happy. I couldn't tell how far I was hitting compared to usually (it was bright and the range I got to has a depression out where my drives usually land) but I am hoping to get some LM data with this vs. my regular shaft with and without the Shotmaker. But overall my initial thoughts are positive so far. I will keep you updated!

Nice review dr. I'm glad your seeing some good results. I'll be interested to see how you feel the distance is with this after you get on the launch monitor

Nice review dr. I'm glad your seeing some good results. I'll be interested to see how you feel the distance is with this after you get on the launch monitor

This is what I would like to know re most! I can see many of the results of the ball flight, but it is too hard for me to judge distance.

Great update Dr, really looking forward to your LM session and on course results!

Nice update Dr Teeth. What length is the shaft playing in your driver?

Nice update Dr Teeth. What length is the shaft playing in your driver?

44". It is exactly the same length as the shaft I currently play.

44". It is exactly the same length as the shaft I currently play.

cool, thanks. Mine is playing at 44.5" Did the length seem a little weird when you tried it in your 3w?

Interesting to review against the shotmaker. Have you gotten lm results for that?

iOS using Tapatalk

Great update Dr. Teeth, thanks for taking the time to chime in here!

I'm going to attempt to get some launch monitor numbers myself here very soon.

Good update Dr Teeth, I have to be honest, this shaft does not have me interested in the least. Maybe it will help some, but I just don't see how a shaft that doesn't bend can help golfers, it basically flies in the face of everything we know about shaft design.

Well got out on the course for 9 holes today with Nerfny. There was nobody behind us so I was able to hit multiple drives and other shots today. I took out the Razr Hawk with Stock stiff shaft and the SuperTri with Nunchuk shaft. On the 2nd hole I put them head to head. I hit the SuperTri first and hit it well. It was a mid-high flight and went fairly straight. I then took out the Razr Hawk and hit it well as well. As I drove up to the balls the Nunchuk ball gps'd at 232 while the Razr Hawk read at 246. 14 yards difference. The next time I took it out and went head to head that Razr Hawk was straighter and longer by 12 yards. This was the story every time I hit them against each other. I know it's not apples to apples since they are different heads, but man I don't hit the ball far enough to drop 10+ yards for a shaft. I think the experiment is over in the driver. I may try to see how it works in a 3w.

I also wanted to mention this. I think the entire idea around 1 flex for this shaft just doesn't work. Since having it I have had myself, my father, and Nerfny give it some swings. My SS is around 98, my fathers is about 82 and Nerfny's is around 78. Both my father and her missed right with the shaft. My father hit it a bunch on the range and got a good result maybe 2 of 5 swings. He thinks he hits the ball too high so I introduced him to Nunchuk. It lowered his ball flight but instead of hitting the ball 210 he was hitting it 185 most of the time and struggling to get it over 200 yards.

Well got out on the course for 9 holes today with Nerfny. There was nobody behind us so I was able to hit multiple drives and other shots today. I took out the Razr Hawk with Stock stiff shaft and the SuperTri with Nunchuk shaft. On the 2nd hole I put them head to head. I hit the SuperTri first and hit it well. It was a mid-high flight and went fairly straight. I then took out the Razr Hawk and hit it well as well. As I drove up to the balls the Nunchuk ball gps'd at 232 while the Razr Hawk read at 246. 14 yards difference. The next time I took it out and went head to head that Razr Hawk was straighter and longer by 12 yards. This was the story every time I hit them against each other. I know it's not apples to apples since they are different heads, but man I don't hit the ball far enough to drop 10+ yards for a shaft. I think the experiment is over in the driver. I may try to see how it works in a 3w.

I also wanted to mention this. I think the entire idea around 1 flex for this shaft just doesn't work. Since having it I have had myself, my father, and Nerfny give it some swings. My SS is around 98, my fathers is about 82 and Nerfny's is around 78. Both my father and her missed right with the shaft. My father hit it a bunch on the range and got a good result maybe 2 of 5 swings. He thinks he hits the ball too high so I introduced him to Nunchuk. It lowered his ball flight but instead of hitting the ball 210 he was hitting it 185 most of the time and struggling to get it over 200 yards.

Great update Dean. We share some similar thoughts on this shaft. I'm interested to see how it performs in your 3w as I am thinking about doing the same.

Great update Dean. We share some similar thoughts on this shaft. I'm interested to see how it performs in your 3w as I am thinking about doing the same.

I think it could be a different story in the 3w, but really I don't know. I just know it didn't perform as well as other options for me in the driver.

I think it could be a different story in the 3w, but really I don't know. I just know it didn't perform as well as other options for me in the driver.

Yeah. If I was in the market for a shaft I could hit noticeably shorter than my current one and not as straight, the Nunchuk would be high on my list.

Yeah. If I was in the market for a shaft I could hit noticeably shorter than my current one and not as straight, the Nunchuk would be high on my list.

hahahahaha

cool, thanks. Mine is playing at 44.5" Did the length seem a little weird when you tried it in your 3w?

It did. I measure it against my 3W shaft and it is about an inch and a half longer. I gripped up correspondingly, but I think all that extra weight back behind my hands was what made it difficult.

Back