Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only from you ddec. You are liek some number's geek or something. It's b/c I talk a lot isn't it?

even if we took you out of the equation it's still around 3800 posts for Callaway. If you take out TM top poster in Coolbreeze, the TM total is down to 1540.

It's just sad to me. It really is. Post count isn't everything, but man we had a great opportunity and it's like after that weekend people are just gone. It's why I won't be surprised if Taylormade doesn't come back

Post count isn't everything. Hell, you can get a good 50 in a morning or two :)

Not me. If I post 50 times I would have to be on my phone for 6 hours.

Quality > quantity... In everything except money :)

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I dont know what you mean? Bridgestone is sponsoring 8 players.

With Callaway sponsoring 8 as well, we can take this to mean there will be at least a third sponsor?

In those stats you have to remember TC is a profilic poster(and not of the annoying variety) and affects the average substantially. Stats can be manipulated...

I'm not siding with anyone on the issue, just thought I'd mention that from a fairness point of view

See above. I took TC out and it's still not even close.

Or both.

Not me. If I post 50 times I would have to be on my phone for 6 hours.

Quality > quantity... In everything except money :)

even if we took you out of the equation it's still around 3800 posts for Callaway. If you take out TM top poster in Coolbreeze, the TM total is down to 1540.

It's just sad to me. It really is. Post count isn't everything, but man we had a great opportunity and it's like after that weekend people are just gone. It's why I won't be surprised if Taylormade doesn't come back

That is a big difference. Now you have me thinking that TM isn't coming back.

Good point. But still, post count isn't everything, and it is entirely possible that some of the testers have some obligations that are limiting their forum time. I mean, I post nowhere near as much right now thanks to football, but I try to make meaningful posts, so I still see myself as active.
See above. I took TC out and it's still not even close.

And, I'll give an example of both.

Check out the V2 thread.

I never meant to insinuate anything on the contrary, if I did, oops.
But his posts generate discussion. Big difference.

That would be sad. It really would. I love all my TM gear and swag. I talk it up everywhere I can, and try to post about it as often as possible.

I hope TM returns.

I never meant to insinuate anything on the contrary, if I did, oops.

I didn't take it that way JR, no worries.

We're all just different. That's all. I felt like there could've been better feedback but it's too late now.

We're all just different. That's all. I felt like there could've been better feedback but it's too late now.

Same here. I wasn't posting numbers to anger people but to show them. If you get in to MC 2.0, you need to stay around and stay active after or you could potentially ruin future opportunities not just for Morgan Cups and Outings, but for forum testing too.

TM just handed out 5 new sets (as you know Mr tester) of R11's for testing this week. If they were unhappy, don't you think they would slow the new testings down? I think they are going to be BACK! :)

All this talk is depressing me, lets change the subject.

Hopefully, depending on a few things such as price and date and my parents, I will be able to submit an entry this time around. I have a job that I am starting after football season and I will be 18 at the time of the event, so it may work out.

kind of crazy stats there

Amazing to me how quickly people throw their fellow mc 1.0 partcipants under the bus for post counts. I enjoyed all aspects of the first mc and i hope Taylormade returns as one of the OEMs I think having their R11 irons available to the participants was excellent and gave us viewers a sneak peak at their performance.

In all honesty, out of 16 of the MC participants, I really think if I was under the gun I would only be able to name 10. Then with an extra 15 seconds I could probably get to 14. Thats kinda sad in itself, because I think Im a pretty good rememberer.

All this talk is depressing me, lets change the subject.

Hopefully, depending on a few things such as price and date and my parents, I will be able to submit an entry this time around. I have a job that I am starting after football season and I will be 18 at the time of the event, so it may work out.
Good luck getting in buddy, I know there are tons of guys who just missed out last time for whatever reason that had their fingers crossed hoping for another chance.....now they're going to get it! Other than my kids being born and marrying my awesome wife, this is the greatest experience ever, I can promise you that.

Amazing to me how quickly people throw their fellow mc 1.0 partcipants under the bus for post counts. I enjoyed all aspects of the first mc and i hope Taylormade returns as one of the OEMs I think having their R11 irons available to the participants was excellent and gave us viewers a sneak peak at their performance.

I dont think anyone is being thrown under the bus. Its a simple fact that you would be able to see if you have been on since the MC and that is that Callaway has been much more active then TM. There are some dudes for TM who have put in some great feedback, but not the same numbers. It just sucks that not all 8 from TM could provide more feedback for us. I love the R11 thread and those dudes are doing good, but where are the other guys?

I LOVE all these announcements and can't wait till I get to read the next set.

This event will eclipse the first one and we only know about 1-10th if the final details.

Will you be trying for this one too?

And thanks, like I said, as far as I know I will be qualified to submit an app, but money and travel expenses might get in the way. We will see.
Good luck getting in buddy, I know there are tons of guys who just missed out last time for whatever reason that had their fingers crossed hoping for another chance.....now they're going to get it! Other than my kids being born and marrying my awesome wife, this is the greatest experience ever, I can promise you that.

Post count or forum participation that was clearly expected before and after the MC? There's a big difference and something the OEM's were looking for and expected.

I honestly dont think that was the intent. I also think this thread could take a turn for the worse when really this is an awesome announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back