Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not me. If I post 50 times I would have to be on my phone for 6 hours.

Quality > quantity... In everything except money :)

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

That would be sad. It really would. I love all my TM gear and swag. I talk it up everywhere I can, and try to post about it as often as possible.

I hope TM returns.

Im not here to debate post counts. But of course its part of the scenario. Of course the sponsoring companies were reading THP to determine if they got a good ROI and of course not seeing some forum members active sent messages to them. It is what it is and part of that is on us for not making it more organized and outlined about participation from teh very beginning. We have said over and over that we take the blame, but honestly we never thought we had to. I never thought that people that got the equipment for the Morgan Cup would not be updating the threads of that equipment after each use. There is a giant thread on MC Irons and R11 irons (not MC thread) that is not posted in a whole lot by those that got the equipment. Are some better at it than others? Of course they are and this post is not to point fingers, but to say that a company is not doing this for the fun, but for ROI. If they dont see it, then they wont be back. Its as simple as that.

When looking at post counts, it does not tell the whole story. Some could say that "Well TC posts a lot and banters". You are right, he sure does. He also creates conversation and has respect as an equipment knowledgeable guy. If you wanted to take his posts away from numbers, should you then take away biggsy's welcoming people or Esox chatting about the Packers? Of course you dont take any away because in the end, it is what it is. All of the posts make a person who they are on the forum, not just some and every post made is a post that matters in my opinion. Some guys are more visible than others and we have learned from the small mistakes we made in the original Morgan Cup to make sure that it is tighter and more organized than ever before.

People are not trying to get others angry or intense. They are just speaking from there hearts as they speculate who will be the 3rd company that we are announcing today. Nobody said someone was a better person or a worse person. Life gets in the way of fun sometimes and while I am sure nobody wanted to take a 10 day break from the forums for their real life it happens. However with that being said, it does not go unnoticed by those making decisions about their company's participation and all we can do as THP, is roll with it and try our best to make sure that each event we put on is better than the last.

Will you be trying for this one too?

And thanks, like I said, as far as I know I will be qualified to submit an app, but money and travel expenses might get in the way. We will see.

I know I will.

I dont know what you mean? Bridgestone is sponsoring 8 players.

I thought the list of players being sponsored is now 24 instead of 16. Does that mean there is going to be a 3rd sponsor. I guess I thought it would still be two sponsors. Hence the 12 vs 12. Nevermind me LOL *goes back under rock*

Good luck getting in buddy, I know there are tons of guys who just missed out last time for whatever reason that had their fingers crossed hoping for another chance.....now they're going to get it! Other than my kids being born and marrying my awesome wife, this is the greatest experience ever, I can promise you that.

it was an amazing experience for sure. I love how everything worked out. The townhouse situation was amazing. Belbs got the ball rolling with that and it worked out perfectly IMO.

I LOVE all these announcements and can't wait till I get to read the next set.

This event will eclipse the first one and we only know about 1-10th if the final details.

I'm with you. I think 2.0 will be bigger and better, which I didn't think was possible.

Yall are anouncing the third company today??? Awesome. Lemmee guess, it won't come in the next 15 minutes, will it? Guess I will find out around midnight after the game.

So Im predicting that Cleveland/Srixon/NC will be the third company to join. They bring it all to the table and have a lot to offer the MC.

Thats my guess, and it would be freaking sweet!
So Im predicting that Cleveland/Srixon/NC will be the third company to join. They bring it all to the table and have a lot to offer the MC.

thats exactly who I think it will be

What about Adams?

I agree. I think they offer a great amount of equipment and apparel for this competition. Then they would have to figure out a partnership for shoes. Could work out great.

What about Titleist/Acushnet? Maybe they saw 1.0 coverage and loved it.

That would be so sick!

What about Adams?

Thats an interesting thought Dan! I really just have this gut reaction we see Nike. Call me crazy but I think Paul Casey would love to be on my bag if I get the chance to do this again.

Im not here to debate post counts. But of course its part of the scenario. Of course the sponsoring companies were reading THP to determine if they got a good ROI and of course not seeing some forum members active sent messages to them. It is what it is and part of that is on us for not making it more organized and outlined about participation from teh very beginning. We have said over and over that we take the blame, but honestly we never thought we had to. I never thought that people that got the equipment for the Morgan Cup would not be updating the threads of that equipment after each use. There is a giant thread on MC Irons and R11 irons (not MC thread) that is not posted in a whole lot by those that got the equipment. Are some better at it than others? Of course they are and this post is not to point fingers, but to say that a company is not doing this for the fun, but for ROI. If they dont see it, then they wont be back. Its as simple as that.

When looking at post counts, it does not tell the whole story. Some could say that "Well TC posts a lot and banters". You are right, he sure does. He also creates conversation and has respect as an equipment knowledgeable guy. If you wanted to take his posts away from numbers, should you then take away biggsy's welcoming people or Esox chatting about the Packers? Of course you dont take any away because in the end, it is what it is. All of the posts make a person who they are on the forum, not just some and every post made is a post that matters in my opinion. Some guys are more visible than others and we have learned from the small mistakes we made in the original Morgan Cup to make sure that it is tighter and more organized than ever before.

People are not trying to get others angry or intense. They are just speaking from there hearts as they speculate who will be the 3rd company that we are announcing today. Nobody said someone was a better person or a worse person. Life gets in the way of fun sometimes and while I am sure nobody wanted to take a 10 day break from the forums for their real life it happens. However with that being said, it does not go unnoticed by those making decisions about their company's participation and all we can do as THP, is roll with it and try our best to make sure that each event we put on is better than the last.

Did everybody catch this?!? Incredible!

I forgot about shoes. Cleveland staffers just go shoe less. I saw Jim McMahon do it once, looked easy enough.

They'd have to get woods to their lineup though.... I don't think they will. They're set in their ways. Good, bad or indifferent.

I don't know. Maybe Nike? But I think Cleveland/ srixon make sense too.

I still want TM to return.

Cobra would be fun

That would be something. Half of THP would fall out of their chairs and make sure they were on the right page.

This is a great prediction and one that I'm hoping to see, but regardless of who it is, it will be amazing. MC 2.0 is shaping up to be the event of the ages. I can't wait.

Perhaps even Puma/Cobra, I'm guessing a lot of folks would love to see TC in Fowler orange with a long tom in hand!

JB, From my perspective. Lurker and overall newb to THP (as opposed to others). You guys did a great job on MC1.0. And the people involved did great. Truthfully I didn't expect alot of extra posts after the event as I thought it was more about that days experience and letting the forum see the inside view of how it would be like to be a "tour" player. While continued posts about equipment are great I don't think they should be expected to hit TC levels. Maybe a post here or there to keep everyone up to speed.

I'll say it again a dedicated MC page would be great to see everything in one spot.

FWIW I've been leaning more toward R11 irons because of the MC1.0 TM guys and other posts on the forum. So while post count may be important to some, I think Belbs said it right "Quality > quantity".

I would like to see TMaG back, or Sri Sports. Sri would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back