Bridgestone J40 Wedge Review Thread

Hi, Jake. It's Hawk.

That video ruled. Worm cam rules too. Some good shooting there, buddy!

Hi, Jake. It's Ben. That was awesome.

Jake... I absolutely love your videos dude. Thank you for the various shots man.

Did you experience any more glare throughout the day?

Hawk and Ben, thank you for the comments and also for clarifying who was posting the message. I appreciate that you liked the video, I'm just glad I didn't totally suck with them on camera!

Yoccos, yes I did after my first wedge shot, I kind of mentioned it as I was walking up to the hole there....the shot was literally right into the sun and yes I did get some glare but that was honestly the only time I noticed it out there this evening.

Hawk and Ben, thank you for the comments and also for clarifying who was posting the message. I appreciate that you liked the video, I'm just glad I didn't totally suck with them on camera!

Yoccos, yes I did after my first wedge shot, I kind of mentioned it as I was walking up to the hole there....the shot was literally right into the sun and yes I did get some glare but that was honestly the only time I noticed it out there this evening.

Hi Jake, It's Yoccos and thank you dude! Seriously I love your videos man. You really were hitting some great shots!

Hi Jake, It's Yoccos and thank you dude! Seriously I love your videos man. You really were hitting some great shots!

hehehehe, well played Tmex those were some great wedge shots though, and those wedges are just sexy.

Hi Jake. That was an awesome video dude. Puttin4wormcam ruled. These wedges are sexy!

You guys are cracking me up. Thanks for the kind comments, I haven't had a real good chipping round like that in a while. 4 for 4 in par saves with them, that's just not really something I typically do. Confidence is growing with the J40s though...that is always a good thing with greenside wedge shots,

You guys are cracking me up. Thanks for the kind comments, I haven't had a real good chipping round like that in a while. 4 for 4 in par saves with them, that's just not really something I typically do. Confidence is growing with the J40s though...that is always a good thing with greenside wedge shots,

4/4 is awesome dude. Of course the camera must add a foot or 2 if you call those gimme's.

Hmm, these do look nice. The black ones will rust, right?

Thanks for the video reviews. Best wishes.

Great review so far. I am really liking the looks of these wedges. Also loved the wormcam, great perspective.

I had to watch again! Jake I think the wormcam is the best use of video I've seen on this forum since Capt Intensity. I loved it!!

Hey THP, it's Jake! LOL - same intro that always has me laughing.

Worm cam was nice! Looks like you are getting a really good feel for those around the greens; nice job and thanks for the video buddy.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Jake, great job and loving the look of the J40's. Looks like these are making a good addition to the bag at this point, can you expand a bit on what you are seeing with the spinner shafts in these? I've only tried those shafts once, on a wedge I wasn't all that fond of, seemed like a much lower ball flight and almost too stiff or dead feeling to the hands, but paired with this heavier head they may have a better feel?

Thanks in advance.

Jake, great job and loving the look of the J40's. Looks like these are making a good addition to the bag at this point, can you expand a bit on what you are seeing with the spinner shafts in these? I've only tried those shafts once, on a wedge I wasn't all that fond of, seemed like a much lower ball flight and almost too stiff or dead feeling to the hands, but paired with this heavier head they may have a better feel?

Thanks in advance.
I had a spinner in my CG15 56 degree so I'm familiar with them. I had one more video but the battery died before I could really capture much, it was where I had 30 yards or so left on a short par 4, I struggled getting the ball to spin but it was from an amazingly tight lie so that had the most to do with it in my opinion. I do like the spinner though to get back to your question, I think they feel really good in these wedges.

Alright today I went out for a quick 9 basically to get some work in with these wedges, I grabbed some video for you. It worked out well because I was just a bit off with my iron shots so I had 4 opportunities to use the J40 from off the green (1 from sand but battery in the Flip was dead) and I actually saved par all 4 times. The 52 degree wedge shot from the fairway in the video lead to a 2 putt par as I didn't get the shot nearly as close as I had hoped from just 90 yards or so but pars are good. Earlier in this thread I commented on how the J40 wedge has a little heavier head and it was throwing me off yesterday, today I had no such problems and managed to hit some really nice shots with them. Check it out.

Just catching up on your video there Jakey. I like that you would have given me those putts dude. I have to tell you, that was an impressive short game display buddy. I want these in such a bad way.

Alright today I went out for a quick 9 basically to get some work in with these wedges, I grabbed some video for you. It worked out well because I was just a bit off with my iron shots so I had 4 opportunities to use the J40 from off the green (1 from sand but battery in the Flip was dead) and I actually saved par all 4 times. The 52 degree wedge shot from the fairway in the video lead to a 2 putt par as I didn't get the shot nearly as close as I had hoped from just 90 yards or so but pars are good. Earlier in this thread I commented on how the J40 wedge has a little heavier head and it was throwing me off yesterday, today I had no such problems and managed to hit some really nice shots with them. Check it out.

Thanks for the video Jakers! Great first shot...I'd give you that. All 4 looked really good. Is there a 2 stroke penalty of banging on off your camera? I'm really loving the look and sound of these wedges.

Thanks TC and ddec, I think you would really like these wedges Luke, they're great. And ddec, yeah I might have to call a penalty on myself, on 1 I putted in with the flag in the hole again and on 4 I grazed my camera which was technically a piece of my equipment....I signed the wrong scorecard too....that's a DQ from my own little 9 hole round!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Thanks TC and ddec, I think you would really like these wedges Luke, they're great. And ddec, yeah I might have to call a penalty on myself, on 1 I putted in with the flag in the hole again and on 4 I grazed my camera which was technically a piece of my equipment....I signed the wrong scorecard too....that's a DQ from my own little 9 hole round!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

No thinking about it bro, I love them. I want them. They look so badass in person and from what I saw, they just perform.

Jake, those were some good videos buddy. You hit some really good shots and each time I see these wedges in this thread I like them even more. They just look so good in a simple kind of way.

What kind of shirt was that?

Getting caught up with this thread as well. First off, I love you Jake, I mean serious all out man crushing love fest going on. Had such a blast with you in Florida and just hearing you talk equipment takes me back to that weekend.

First off, is there a sexier wedge out there? Full on bladed goodness with that etched "B" on it. It looks completely bad ass!

I'm disappointed in myself I haven't been involved in this thread and that it's not getting the love it rightfully deserves.

Great chip shot and looked like even coming out of the rough it had a fair amount of bite on the ball. Now I know where the worm cam came from. Smart of you to move it away from the hole because I know you go for the holes and then it peeled away at the end, but what a great shot and awesome view! That wedge takes a mean divot, it just torw through the turf, made great ball contact and spit the turf out like a wood chipper. I'm in love.

Thanks Biggsy! Just makes you wanna get back out there with me and team up in the Morgan Cup, that was a great time for sure! The match we played together in was amazing!

I hit a bunch more great wedge shots with the J40 on Wednesday when I played. I didn't get any videos because I was in golf league but I think I found my new favorite shot. I was 89 yards away, a little wind in my face (similar to that shot in the video) and I hit a sort of punch pitch shot with the 52 degree J40. The ball only got off the ground maybe 20 feet or so, dead online and it just hit the green and bit right now. One pretty good sized bounce and spun just a bit to the right. Great shot to hit into the wind, I wish I had hit that shot in that video when I was 90 out or whatever. On Wednesday I was playing with THP members DakotaGolfer (Jeff) and my pops (SouthDakotaHack) and described a couple of the shots I was going to try to hit with the J40, one was with the 56 and the other with the 60. The first was out of the rough to a downhill lie short sided pin all carry over a bunker from about 30 yards. I flipped the 60 degree J40 up there and landed within a foot of where I was aiming. The other was another downhill chip that I had to land just right and if I did the ball would check and stay on the top shelf where the pin was. This one came off exactly how I called it and Jeff just laughed....all we could do. It was awesome.

Back