Official Hole In One Thread

Congrats, famdamly! Head over to the check-in desk and introduce yourself to everyone!

Congrats, famdamly! Head over to the check-in desk and introduce yourself to everyone!

+1, congrats and enjoy your stay here at :thp:!!!

Well, I won't win any distance awards for this one, but I'm still proud to have an ace. Hole 16 (84 yd) at the Preston West Par 3 course in Amarillo, TX. I think it was around May, 2004 (scorecard is boxed away somewhere). 60* wedge, front left pin, landed a few feet past and just to the right of the pin, and spun back into the cup. Pretty cool feeling.

I came oh so close 2 days ago. Forest Heights Country Club 6th Hole. Downhill 115 Yard Par 3. A KD PW to a foot. SO CLOSE

I have been fortunate and lucky to have 3 aces. Number 1 came when I was 11. 150 yd hole with a 7 iron. I still remember it like yesterday. Playing with a few friends of mine and was waved onto hit up by the group in front. Hit clean and it started a little right of the pin but drew back. Hit the green and and rolled in the cup. It was a slightly elevated green that sloped back to front so I had a clear view of the ball disappearing into the cup. Group on the green was cheering. My friends were not that happy since they all started playing golf before me and didn't like the fact that I got one before they did. Number 2 was during a qualifying tournament. 175 yds with a 5 iron. This green was really elevated and so neither myself or my playing partners had any idea it went in. We thought it would be a good shot but it was nowhere to found when we got to the green. I can't remember who, but someone checked the cup and there it was. Number 3 was a short par 3 about 120 yards or so to a slightly downhill green. Used a PW. Took one hop sucked back into the hole.

My dad, after 40+ years of golf finally made his first hole in one. 165 yards with a hybrid. Congratulations Dad!

I have been fortunate and lucky to have 3 aces. Number 1 came when I was 11. 150 yd hole with a 7 iron. I still remember it like yesterday. Playing with a few friends of mine and was waved onto hit up by the group in front. Hit clean and it started a little right of the pin but drew back. Hit the green and and rolled in the cup. It was a slightly elevated green that sloped back to front so I had a clear view of the ball disappearing into the cup. Group on the green was cheering. My friends were not that happy since they all started playing golf before me and didn't like the fact that I got one before they did. Number 2 was during a qualifying tournament. 175 yds with a 5 iron. This green was really elevated and so neither myself or my playing partners had any idea it went in. We thought it would be a good shot but it was nowhere to found when we got to the green. I can't remember who, but someone checked the cup and there it was. Number 3 was a short par 3 about 120 yards or so to a slightly downhill green. Used a PW. Took one hop sucked back into the hole.

My dad, after 40+ years of golf finally made his first hole in one. 165 yards with a hybrid. Congratulations Dad!

Wow 3 is absolutley AMAZING. Congrates!

wow thats amazing. congrats to you and your father

I hit mine at Audubon golf course in New Orleans....It was a cold, cold cloudy day for those in the south, and the wind blowing did not help much. We were battling all day through the weather just hoping to finish. Earlier in the day my dad sad " yall are f&%^ nuts!",but I never listen to him anyway. We got to hole 16 which was playing about 133 that day and I hit my pw it one hopped and I lost it. I thought I went off the green or behind the pin. My buddy was like I think it went in, my response was "no way". Well when we got up there to my surprise it was in. He began to curse me out because he has yet to hit one and hes been playing for almost 20 years, and this is only my second year. All in all it was a great day, I still shot +17 but I had one good one that I'll never forget.

Just had a hole in one in the Club Championship! :) Island Green 12th hole. Really needed it as I couldn't putt well at all over the weekend. lol :) Was well hit 9iron landed almost pin high and spun straight over and in. Final score was an 83 with a lot of putts on other holes, but no putts on the 12th.

Congrats!

I'm still waiting but I think it is getting close! At least I hope.

Closest I been was about 3 feet. I'm getting close

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I got within two feet my very first year. 33 years later I am still waiting.

Is it true that if you get a hole-in-one you have to treat the entire clubhouse to drinks?? I've yet to get a hole-in-one...however, I've gotten several birdies on Par 3s :D so that's close....

I've also heard that some golf ball companies will send you a certificate if you do get a hole-in-one using their ball?

I recieved one from NIKE!

Been close so many times I have lost count. Why is it I can hole out from the fairway at various distance but never from the tee? One day, I'll be here to share. Congrats to all who have!!

Got my first one earlier this year, March 28th. My home course 192 yards with a 4 iron. Cost me about $30 in beer. Was well worth it. Barely broke 90 in the process.

Way back in 2005 at a course called the Players Club of Henderson (Henderson, KY). Decent little course that could be great if they put money in to keep it in good playing condition. I remember the place was pretty decent the day we went. My game, however, was not. I'd have to check the score card, but I started bogey, double, double and was already 5-over going into the par-3 4th. Uphill green with bunkers guarding the front and leaving only a view of the top half of the flag. Took a little more club, told myself to stick it close, and swung. I watched the ball until it disappeared, then turned to my brother and said, "I'm gonna be pissed if I don't even see my first ace."

Sure enough, we drive the cart up and there is a big pitch mark about 10 feet past the hole and the ball pinned between the cup and the flag stick. Turns out I wasn't pissed, though... the group two holes ahead of us asked what all the yelling was about when we made the turn. :bananadance:

I made another double on the next hole, but recovered on the back to shoot 79. Would have been pretty embarrassing to post an 80-something with an ace.

Almost got my second earlier this year. Lipped out on a long par 3 at a place called Old Silo. Missed the short birdie putt on that one. D'oh!

Awesome! I think its cool that companies give things for HOIs with their balls

Closest I been was about 3 feet. I'm getting close

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I have had 3 balls inside of 8", 2 of which were directly behing the hole, I too am still waiting.

Well I finally get to join the group!!
Darrell (spraytech) & I played @ a course near him today. It was a cloudy day, temps in the mid 50’s with S. winds @ 20 + gusting over 30. We decided we weren’t even going to really keep score just try & have fun and make the most out of the conditions.
Well we got to the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] par 3, hole #3, 158 yards. The wind was a right to left crosswind Darrell hit first & had a nice shot to the front of the green. I decided I’d use my 7 iron . I hit it right of the flag on a good flight & let the wind help it into a lil draw, as it was coming down Darrell said “this could be a hole in one”. The ball took one bounce and with a small roll it disappeared, I started to holler but cut it short because with the contour of the green we weren’t sure if it rolled pass & was hidden from our view by the pin. I was running to the right side of the tee box trying to get a look. :D As we pulled up to the green we only saw his ball & we knew it was in!!!! Needless to say to those that know me, I went into my celebration dance :bananadance:…LOL

Wow, that's awesome bulldog - congrats man!!!

A huge CONGRATS Bulldog!!! I can see the dance now!! :bananadance:

Back