The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only DVDs we have are for the kids, over a hundy cartoons and movies. Me and the mrs stream what we want to watch. I had 400 of my own before I got married. Never watched one after she said 'I do'

Kongfrontation

I think I have close to 400 DVDs, I would love to sell them and get the money, but love the collection and cant bring myself to do it.

I used to buy peoples big collections and flip them online, took some work, but was relatively easy money.

But now that there are bootlegs all over the place, darn near impossible to even consider

All this talk of "streams" makes me want to get one of those DVD's in One-T's "special collection".

Crazy story. I had a collection of close to 3000 DVDs up until about 4 years ago. From the moment DVD was released until the moment I sold the collection, each and every Tuesday, I was buying new releases. It got to the point that I was buying movies that I had never seen, just because they were new. I finally broke down and sold the entire lot as one and got about $4 a DVD for them. It was a lot of money, but obviously not nearly what I put into it and I was okay with that.

Ironically enough, since that time, we have added a theater to the house and I really dont miss them. I can stream just about anything I want and rent what we really want to watch. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise in the grand scheme of things.

haha, I had this problem for about 2 years in college, which is why I have so many...NOT 3000. Holy hell. You could have just opened a movie store. I dont think I will miss them but I guess I dont want to go through the whole selling them deal. I mean, is there an easy way or place to sell them?

I was the same way. The unfortunate circumstance of working in CE.

One-T, did you think about putting shelving up or something? In the mean time why don't you start encoding them to a drive so you can stream them on the home network then sell them.

dude, I am WAYYY to lazy for that.

haha, I had this problem for about 2 years in college, which is why I have so many...NOT 3000. Holy hell. You could have just opened a movie store. I dont think I will miss them but I guess I dont want to go through the whole selling them deal. I mean, is there an easy way or place to sell them?

Check with Amazon. Even if you can get Amazon gift cards for them you know you'll end up using it for diapers and such for the little one.

Check with Amazon. Even if you can get Amazon gift cards for them you know you'll end up using it for diapers and such for the little one.

you can sell stuff on Amazon?

you can sell stuff on Amazon?

You could but the bay is much better. If you're too lazy you can trade them in at Amazon for Amazon gift cards.

You could but the bay is much better. If you're too lazy you can trade them in at Amazon for Amazon gift cards.

amazon it is!!

amazon it is!!

Warning!!! You are not going to get great value for them. But that's always the case when you implore the 'set it and forget it' strategy to selling used items.

Warning!!! You are not going to get great value for them. But that's always the case when you implore the 'set it and forget it' strategy to selling used items.

yeah, I was thinking the value would suck. But, I can buy some diapers....:banghead:

yeah, I was thinking the value would suck. But, I can buy some diapers....:banghead:

Here's a tip.. wait until one of the manufacturers come out with a deal for Amazon's subscribe and save. Those are cheap deals. No tax and it's free shipping. And you can cancel it at anytime. If you need it right away, Target is the way. Wal-mart might look cheaper but do a $/diaper breakdown and Target comes out best because their quantities are more than Wal-Mart at around the same price.

Here's a tip.. wait until one of the manufacturers come out with a deal for Amazon's subscribe and save. Those are cheap deals. No tax and it's free shipping. And you can cancel it at anytime. If you need it right away, Target is the way. Wal-mart might look cheaper but do a $/diaper breakdown and Target comes out best because their quantities are more than Wal-Mart at around the same price.

thanks buddy!! Your the diaper king

We do the subscribe and save like crazy. There is a thing called Amazon Mom's. If you spend $25 a month on baby supplies then you get a the Prime account free. ($80 a year) We buy almost any dry good on Amazon. Diapers, Wipes, Baby Food, Paper towels, toliet paper, laundry and dish washing soap, shampoo, soap and anything else you can think of. You get the idea. We save a ton of money doing it and I don't have to go to the store to buy it. It just shows up on the front doorstep once a month. The same day each month. One-T it would be great for you since you live out in the sticks. As long as UPS delivers there you are good to go. Then if you have the Amazon Mom account you get free two day shipping on anything else.

It is so awesome!

thanks buddy!! Your the diaper king

Dude, it's called changing diapers for four years straight.

We do the subscribe and save like crazy. There is a thing called Amazon Mom's. If you spend $25 a month on baby supplies then you get a the Prime account free. ($80 a year) We buy almost any dry good on Amazon. Diapers, Wipes, Baby Food, Paper towels, toliet paper, laundry and dish washing soap, shampoo, soap and anything else you can think of. You get the idea. We save a ton of money doing it and I don't have to go to the store to buy it. It just shows up on the front doorstep once a month. The same day each month. One-T it would be great for you since you live out in the sticks. As long as UPS delivers there you are good to go. Then if you have the Amazon Mom account you get free two day shipping on anything else.

It is so awesome!

What he said ^^^^

It is so awesome!

I have never heard of this....

Man, I am stupid or have my head in my arse. Next thing you know, they will come out with a 49" driver.

Love me some Amazon Prime, my wife gets it for free as a med student, fantastic.

I just found out today.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ................................I know nothing about Amazon.com

I just found out today.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ................................I know nothing about Amazon.com

Dude, do you have the baby 411 book. It is the best book out there!

Tapatalkin

Love me some Amazon Prime, my wife gets it for free as a med student, fantastic.

Next to THP amazon prime is the best---subscribe and save really gives you big savings---I buy grocerys from there--stuff that is either too good a deal to pass or just stuff that is unavailable in the middle of Wisconsin---a few months ago it was a great deal on Cheerios--big box about 1/2 of the prce at Roundys--plus too much more

I finally listened to what my old swing coach went over the first time I worked with him about having an athletic stance...I hate it when he is right but I couldnt complain on the course today. Anyone else find it amazing how the smallest little thing can make such a big difference in our play?

I finally listened to what my old swing coach went over the first time I worked with him about having an athletic stance...I hate it when he is right but I couldnt complain on the course today. Anyone else find it amazing how the smallest little thing can make such a big difference in our play?
Yeah, especially stance. That is the first thing I check when I am struggling.

Well, my wife has now heard from OU Tulsa and (just now, literally) Orlando Health residency in Orlando. We are up to 9 residency interviews she's been offered!

Well, my wife has now heard from OU Tulsa and (just now, literally) Orlando Health residency in Orlando. We are up to 9 residency interviews she's been offered!

Very nice - being in demand is an awesome problem to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back