What happens when you play with paint filled clubs(can you guess which one is me :act-up:)...

golf1.jpg

i thought he liked green? guess we were both wrong haha

haha, the guys I play with normally had never seen anything like it when I showed up with my paint filled clubs several months ago. It's a super easy way to customize your clubs and make them unique. Plus I'll always know which are mine in the event they are stolen b/c they'll either be orange, or will likely smell like polish remover/acetone haha. It's espcially funny to play with a buddy and get paired with a random 2some and have them see my orange accented 909 on the tee. On more than one occasion I've gotten a "well d*mn, guess we aren't gonna wager anything with him, his driver looks like he plays on tour or something!". haha

BTW, Seth that putter looks sick! I like how you change it up fairly often.

When I first did it I really liked the idea of taking all the paint off them, much like someone did earlier in the thread. I think that person left theirs pretty bare, but I would have painted some of the different grooves on the cavity...you guessed it, orange!

Those look great sooner! Exactly what my irons look like on the sole, with the exception being that mine are TM's and Tennessee orange.

****FAIR WARNING FOR ALL****
During lunch today I took my clubs into a guy in know here in town to see what he'd give me for them and what he was charging/the condition of some sets that I am interested that he might have. He told me that he couldn't buy my clubs from me b/c the numbers on the sole and the r7 logo had been painted orange. He was skeptical that it would come off with nail polish remover(it just literally took me 5 min to do all my clubs) b/c he had a guy bring in some clubs that had blue paint added to them and both he and the guy trying to sell the clubs unsuccessfully tried just about everything they could get their hands on and 45 min later gave up. He told me that even though he knew my TM's were real just based on the serial # alone, that they would sit on his rack forever b/c no one else would think they were. So make sure that if you are looking to add some spice to your clubs, that you can also remove the coloring WITHOUT REMOVING THE ORIGINAL COLORING THAT THE CLUBS CAME WITH.

Thanks! For some reason I thought Sooner Red would look better than Tennessee orange. :alien:

New fill on the putter. Never tried black and green. Should look good in the sun.

a6890de3-3069-ed52.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

That is a great looking combo SethO, but I must say, I loved the translucent green the best (one of your previous fills). I'm not sure why, because I don't really like the color green all that much. This looks good though, and I'd love to see it in the sunlight. You are the man when it comes to this stuff! I may have to bribe you into doing some work on my SC.

That is a great looking combo SethO, but I must say, I loved the translucent green the best (one of your previous fills). I'm not sure why, because I don't really like the color green all that much. This looks good though, and I'd love to see it in the sunlight. You are the man when it comes to this stuff! I may have to bribe you into doing some work on my SC.

I agree about the green fill. It is still there on the front of my putter. Send me your putter and I will be more than happy to fill it.

That looks sweet SethO! I like your taste.

Damn, that's gorgeous. I may hand off my putter(s) in Blairsville for your touch.

I can probably do one there.

Well, I thought of that, but wondered how alcohol and a dozen other people would affect ya!:D

I agree about the green fill. It is still there on the front of my putter. Send me your putter and I will be more than happy to fill it.

I may take you up on that. Thanks setho.

This is an awesome thread. I dig what you guys are doing with the paint fills. I am getting irritated with my 2.0 irons because the black paint is coming off in the sole numbers. Perhaps I shall try my paint filling them this weekend.

Thinking of doing my TaylorMade TP mb's. Not sure of what color to go with though.

Thinking of doing my TaylorMade TP mb's. Not sure of what color to go with though.
If you're a fellow Tiger fan, the gold that JB tried earlier in this thread looked pretty sweet!

If you're a fellow Tiger fan, the gold that JB tried earlier in this thread looked pretty sweet!

Yes it did but the TP irons have the dark gray weight in the back and I think that color may clash.

Although my friend and I are about to purple and gold a scotty cameron of his and it should look awesome.

Although my friend and I are about to purple and gold a scotty cameron of his and it should look awesome.
I would love to see a pic of the finished product. I'm trying to get up the courage to do a purple/gold paint fill on this . Tons of potential there!

I would love to see a pic of the finished product. I'm trying to get up the courage to do a purple/gold paint fill on this . Tons of potential there!

That wedge would look awesome. And yea I'm waiting on all the materials to get here and some time as we're both in college, but I am hoping to have it done in a week or week and a half. Will definitely throw up pictures

Finally got a chance to start this project. The acetone on cotton swab/cotton ball was not removing old paint so I used a club brush with the acetone and it started to come off.

Finally got a chance to start this project. The acetone on cotton swab/cotton ball was not removing old paint so I used a club brush with the acetone and it started to come off.

Great idea man! I am going to have to remember that one. I hope you are wearing eye protection though.

i may be lazy but i have done numerous paintfill on clubs and neer removed the original paint.

i may be lazy but i have done numerous paintfill on clubs and neer removed the original paint.

I have done it both ways myself, but if you are using translucent colors, you pretty much have to remove that old crap.

Back