Glow in Dark Golf Balls

portman

Reaction score
Handicap
Out of stupidity and desperation, me and my golf buddies booked a 5:40am tee time for Sunday. The course "strongly suggested" to use lighted golf balls.
I went to a local golf shop and there were two types. One blinks when hit and another glows using glow sticks. The one with glow sticks was $5 cheap so I went for that. Could anyone offer any "pointers" in using these type of balls? The clerk at the shop suggested to bring a flash light too.

5:40? That's an early tee time. Best advice I can offer is to hit 'em straight.

Thanks for the link. Have a night scramble coming up at Halloween and I have no clue.

Where the heck do you play where they offer 5:40am tee times??

I've played night golf a few times, yes take flashlights....easy to walk into a creek or something and twist an ankle without it.

I'd say to definately bring a spotlight flashlight and try your best to keep them in the fairway.

Those balls generally don't fly as far (~70%) as a regular ball. I'd say, you want to club up on approaches.

I have used that type. They have a small1/4" dia glowstick that you insert into the ball.

Make sure that when hitting from the tee that you line it up so that the glowstick is pointing towards you. ie at 90 degs to the target. this will ensure that the stick does not suddenly fly out of the ball.

As someone else stated, they don't fly as far.

I've played night golf a few times, yes take
cheap led flashlights....easy to walk into a creek or something and twist an ankle without it.
Playing golf in night is fun. I have arrange nice bright spotlights in garden and play golf with my friends:)

Last edited:
The glow in the dark balls don't go very far so they should be easy to find. Be careful out there and don't rustle up any snakes :bulgy-eyes:

I've played night golf a few times, yes take flashlights....easy to walk into a creek or something and twist an ankle without it.

In New York we've been out at 5.30am during the summer months, a great time to play love the morning teetimes.

I've seen a few people play with glow balls and its fun watching them being hit down the fairway in the dark of a morning, might have to try it.

The glow in the dark balls don't go very far so they should be easy to find. Be careful out there and don't rustle up any snakes :bulgy-eyes:

None of mine go very far and that is why I don't lose many at all. :weep:

It's light enough to play golf in MN at 5:40 am. I'd just use an old ball to tee off with if its a little dark still.

Tappin' on the Kingphone.

When you hit the ball with the glow stick, make sure that the glow stick is parallel with the clubface, or else the glow stick with explode when you hit the ball. Been there, done that!

I've played night golf before and ended up with a dented driver. Those balls are hard as a rock. Just a heads up.

Back