The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't used it yet...iMessage that good?

I haven't used it yet...iMessage that good?

if you have friends who use iphones who are on a different carrier than you, then yeah. It's very nice, great move by apple.

if you have friends who use iphones who are on a different carrier than you, then yeah. It's very nice, great move by apple.

Awesome...all the boys are upgrading tomorrow. Love busting their golf balls via text

Mine won't download... It keeps telling me that my connection got messed up and to make sure my connection is okay and try later. I'm pretty sure that my connection is okay, so I'm not sure what's up.

I am completely sold on iMessage, it's awesome!

I guess you guys will have to enlighten me...I just don't get the magic of iMessage. I get that it shows me its been delivered, and I get that I can see the ... that the person is messaging me back, but outside of that, I guess I'm missing something.

I'm 'bout ta pull one out like my 73 year old Dad and stop some little kid on the street to explain what I'm missing.

Thanks!

Love my iPhone and iPad love ios5!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you guys will have to enlighten me...I just don't get the magic of iMessage. I get that it shows me its been delivered, and I get that I can see the ... that the person is messaging me back, but outside of that, I guess I'm missing something.

I'm 'bout ta pull one out like my 73 year old Dad and stop some little kid on the street to explain what I'm missing.

Thanks!

It can save you on text messaging plans. Pretty much every "imessage"- the ones in blue- are sent to other iusers. Which in turn is free and is no cost to you or the person. Compared to the green ones which are green.

Pretty much you can be on Verizon and text another iphone user on AT&T and it won't cost money.

It can save you on text messaging plans. Pretty much every "imessage"- the ones in blue- are sent to other iusers. Which in turn is free and is no cost to you or the person. Compared to the green ones which are green.

Pretty much you can be on Verizon and text another iphone user on AT&T and it won't cost money.

You can also text other idevice users without service if you have wifi.

You can also text other idevice users without service if you have wifi.

this too. I hope I explained that well enough for ya 2shoes.

I may be the only one but now all apple needs to do is add a mail icon of sort at the top of the bar(if you know what I'm talking about, like where the signal/3G/carrier is). I say they need to add this so that I don't have to strike down the notification bar, I could just easily see "hey I have a message!"

You mean like the icons themselves do?

Muchos Gracias guys!

Downloaded iOS 5 last night and couldn't be happier. Notification center is the shiz and I can't believe apple didn't steal this idea from someone sooner. It feels like I have a brand new phone

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

How do I get to this notification center? Ive done it a few times by accident, but I cant get there on my own.

The notification bar? Just put your finger at the top of the screen by the date and drag it down.

It's nice that they finally implemented that feature. It's one of the things I love about the androids.

It's nice that they finally implemented that feature. It's one of the things I love about the androids.

It's one of the things I loved and missed about the android too. Although, I wish the notification bar would have the little mail icon and show me how many emails I have like android did, but this is still an improvement.

Its sweet indeed. Ive been doing it constantly since GG told me, I feel so cool now.

You know what else is cool? iMessage.

Its sweet indeed. Ive been doing it constantly since GG told me, I feel so cool now.

It's just such a seamless way to check your business if you need to. I don't know much about imessage or any other "specific to the iphone" things to be honest.

It's one of the things I loved and missed about the android too. Although, I wish the notification bar would have the little mail icon and show me how many emails I have like android did, but this is still an improvement.

An icon would be a nice touch too

iMessage is 'ok'. What else is cool is that when you play music the artist and song appear at the top as a streaming ticker now

imessage isnt necessarily iphone specific, its just like texting, and built into the texting service. But when when your texting another idevice(iphone, ipod, ipad), its faster and works on wifi. It still sends when you dont have service, but have wifi.

It's just such a seamless way to check your business if you need to. I don't know much about imessage or any other "specific to the iphone" things to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back