Yep, a "Blackshirt",

Graduated in 1965, played all the local courses when I was a kid, watched the original owner or Slocum (I think it's called the lakes now) build the course by himself with a Massey Furgeson tractor and plow, my Grandfather was a co-founder of Merrill Hills CC wayback when, I've got a million stories of Waukesha to tell if you have the time. I get back home every year either in the early summer or for the holidays, my last kid in the house now is going to Butler next year so I'll be around more. Have a sister in Oconomowoc and a brother that lives out on Sunset drive. BIG Packer fan down here in Richmond, and wear my Badger hat proudly, went to Milton College for a year on a baseball ticket and ended up enlisting in the Navy after getting hurt. But yeah, "Waukesha all praise to thee". Keep in touch!
Al

Wow. My sister, Colleen Dunn, graduated in '65 or '66. '66 I think. She was real smart. She's married to Jim Hulen who was '65 I think. My cousin, Mike Grainger, was '63 or '64. Fanatastic basketball player.

I've played Merrill Hills many times. Have been considering becoming a member as it's dirt cheap right now. Played Slocum in high school.

Kevin

Sounds like a night for McRibs to me.

I remember Jim Hulen very well as he was a classmate of mine his dad was our dentist! I loved watching Mike play ball, he was a year ahead of us and I think he went a year to Carroll college. Gonna dig up my yearbook and look up your sister, I think she was in my English class in 11th grade. We probably know pretty much the same people around town.

Sounds like a night for McRibs to me.

That sounds terrible. Processed rib meat? Why not just sprlurge and make a real rib sandwich instead? If you're going to eat unhealthy, at least do it right.

Activate Cookie voice:

I would go out to the garden and pick some fresh vegetables. MMM nothing better

Deactivate Cookie voice

Yeah, Mike went on to set scoring records at LaCrosse that still stand I believe. He lives in CA and later in life became a fantastic amateur tennis player. Colleen was a genius. She graduated from Carroll in 3 years. Jim went to Carthage. He then went to optometry school in Memphis. Great guy. He and Colleen were high school sweethearts and started dating when I was four years old. They live on North Lake in Merton. I know A LOT of Waukesha families. My sister Kathy was '71 grad and is married to a Martello, Pat. You must be around Mike Martello's age, Pat's brother.

Pretty cool. We'll need to get together and play a round for sure when you're in town.

Kevin

Yeah, I know Mike real well. His dad had a gas station (Mobil) out near the airport. We used to drink Export out back! Ha, those were the days.

Yeah, I know Mike real well. His dad had a gas station (Mobil) out near the airport. We used to drink Export out back! Ha, those were the days.

Yep, the bait shop and gas station. Their cash register was a cigar box. lol.

Kevin

That sounds terrible. Processed rib meat? Why not just sprlurge and make a real rib sandwich instead? If you're going to eat unhealthy, at least do it right.
Sounds delicious to me. McRibs are the shiznit of fast food.

Okay, I need to go to the store to get my wife an appetizer to bring to the party she's going to, so I've decided to cook. It relaxes me, anyway. Pictures later around kickoff or halftime of the Badgers game.

Kevin

Chili. A big ole pot of chili. Easy to make, and you can mess around with the seasonings to your hearts content, and you can eat on it for a week.

I would order a pizza. Not from a national chain though. Find a local joint and get a pizza from there. I would put some High Lifes or Schlitzes in the fridge. I would be set to root on Bucky.

Okay, I need to go to the store to get my wife an appetizer to bring to the party she's going to, so I've decided to cook. It relaxes me, anyway. Pictures later around kickoff or halftime of the Badgers game.

Kevin

I just got here and I guess I missed out.. what are you cooking my friend?

As for the fried chicken, count me in for any THP chicken feast. Would work out fine, I am a white meat kinda guy. A nice breast or two and I am fine and happy.

I just got here and I guess I missed out.. what are you cooking my friend?

As for the fried chicken, count me in for any THP chicken feast. Would work out fine, I am a white meat kinda guy. A nice breast or two and I am fine and happy.

My mind changed as I was getting dressed after showering. I'm going make some comfort food that my wife and daughter don't care to eat. I'll report back later.

Kevin

So, when I announced to my females I was going to make Crab Mac 'n' Cheese and a Ribeye steak, they whined like little girls. We want that! We want that! Why are you making that when we're gone!? Since they were so disappointed, I decided to go another way. I love casseroles, the females not so much. Well, I love them, they don't love casseroles. So here's some preparation pictures of tonight's dinner. It's ready to hit the oven in an hour of so.

My kitchen baby and its companion. 48" WOLF range and 48" 1,200 CFM WOLF hood fan.

001-8.jpg

002-4.jpg

Sauteing mushrooms and onions. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, and French herbs.

005-3.jpg

The softened mushrooms and onions with a half can of sweet, sweet, sweet niblet corn added.

006-4.jpg

Browning a mixture of ground lamb and ground beef.

007-2.jpg

Hey! How'd that get in here? And who's the handsome grinning hairy fellow to the right of that glorious trophy?

028.jpg

The browned meat simmering in a gravy of beef broth, tomato paste, Worchestershire sauce, and red wine.

008-2.jpg

Meat mixture, mushrooms, onions, and corn combined and put in baking dish. Sprinkled with a secret ingredient that makes it oh so special.

009.jpg

All that goodness under a mashed potato comforter. Ready for the oven.

010-1.jpg

I'm very excited. It's been a while since I've had this wonderful dish. I also bought ingredients for a super good dessert.

Kevin

Shepard's pie! Esox style! Great choice but too much labor for me.

Lol @ the random pic of two badasses!

Shepard's pie! Esox style! Great choice but too much labor for me.

Lol @ the random pic of two badasses!

I'm restaurant trained you handsome mountain man. Less than an hour start to finish. And I worked clean. Pans, bowls, and utensils washed and put away. Garbage taken out. I cheated and used pre-made Simply Potatoes mashed spuds. It's gonna be good.

And we are a couple of lefty badasses, aren't we?

Kevin

I love it too! Hope it comes out great!

Red Lodster!!!!!!

all i read was something about mcribs and all i see is d'lish pics of food

Skimmers.

Kevin

Good choice Esox. Looks good.

Back