SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

It is a great insert.

That's not to be a slant on the non-inserts, I like your's a lot. I'm just so used to an insert feel that going back to the flat face takes me a lot of work, lol. I broke out the hand made yesterday and loved the feel of it, but struggled with distance control, but pretty sure time would take care of that.

Thanks guys! I'll try to talk to the guys at SeeMore again today.

Im wondering how the change from insert to milled will be for me.

I think it will be easier the less you think about it.

That's not to be a slant on the non-inserts, I like your's a lot. I'm just so used to an insert feel that going back to the flat face takes me a lot of work, lol. I broke out the hand made yesterday and loved the feel of it, but struggled with distance control, but pretty sure time would take care of that.

Time definitely will. I think weight and balance has as much, if not more, to do with it than anything.

I've held/rolled both and like standing over the offset better. Anyone have any words on the FGP mallet or SI3? Those are the belly putters I'm considering.

I have the center shafted Si3. Great looking putter, it is a bit low profile, just so you know. Here are some pics of mine.

DSC_0637.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

The insert has a great feel, and the feedback is noticable on slight misses. My putting numbers have improved drastically since switching from the TM Corza Ghost. I am down nearly 2 strokes a round! Truth be told, I have struggled with the Si3 the last 2 rounds, but overall, I am nearly automatic inside 6 feet and my lag putting is aces.

Thanks for the pics guys. Could somebody possibly post a picture looking down at the putter at address? I just want to see what that looks like.

Thanks for the pics guys. Could somebody possibly post a picture looking down at the putter at address? I just want to see what that looks like.

Not exactly at address, but close. As compared to my Corza Ghost.

DSC_0598.jpg

Here's several angles, hope it helps.

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

001-1.jpg

002-4.jpg

Well this thread convinced me a while ago that i wanted a seemore putter. I finally pulled the trigger. I got my Si3 today! :banana:

20111028184002.jpg

Congrats on the pick up. I hope it works great for ya.
Well this thread convinced me a while ago that i wanted a seemore putter. I finally pulled the trigger. I got my Si3 today! :banana:

20111028184002.jpg

Congrats on the pick up. I hope it works great for ya.

thanks man. I'm pretty excited about it. The season is pretty much over here but I just ordered one of the birdieball putting greens so I plan on giving the seemore a workout during the off season.

And I'd like to add.. this thing is gorgeous.

thanks man. I'm pretty excited about it. The season is pretty much over here but I just ordered one of the birdieball putting greens so I plan on giving the seemore a workout during the off season.

Very cool, Congrats and welcome to the family.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Really excited. Ordered the ONE CS yesterday, and got the tracking info this afternoon from fedex that it's on its way to me!

The level of confidence these putter instill is only surpassed by their craftsmanship. My confidence reached the level of bravado so to speak with these putter. I actually expect to make every putt which until I became hooked on Seemore was a rarity. I have creates and tried other sticks but always pull out one of my seemores and nothing gives me the same inspiration. Do I sound like a Fan Boy or what? Love their sticks. I just added Seemore #10 to the collection.

TapAhoy!

Really excited. Ordered the ONE CS yesterday, and got the tracking info this afternoon from fedex that it's on its way to me!

Congrats, we need pic's when it arrives.

Congrats, we need pic's when it arrives.

There will be pics, no doubt about those. It cant get it here fast enough.

There will be pics, no doubt about those. It cant get it here fast enough.

Looking forward to it. I am so incredibly close to pulling the trigger of the SI3 belly.

But first a question: does anyone know if there are any benefits to the more expensive putters ($250+) as compared to those that are not as cheap? I want a new putter, but I don't want to rush if I would be better off saving up for one that is better for me.

Hey D

What I have found with the higher end seemores is the increased feel from their milled putter. While i love all their sticks I especially like the milled softness from them. My overall putter purely based on feel is my mFgp Carbon Steel. That thing is butter. My M3 belly putter feels better than the M3 regular putter. Their inserts are the best in business IMHO. I say go with the type which gives you most confidence and drops the ball in the hole.

SMG

TapAhoy!

Hey D

What I have found with the higher end seemores is the increased feel from their milled putter. While i love all their sticks I especially like the milled softness from them. My overall putter purely based on feel is my mFgp Carbon Steel. That thing is butter. My M3 belly putter feels better than the M3 regular putter. Their inserts are the best in business IMHO. I say go with the type which gives you most confidence and drops the ball in the hole.

SMG

TapAhoy!

Thanks SMG! I have never seen a lefty SeeMore putter to demo, so I don't know of the feel of any of them. I also have never seen a lefty belly putter to demo so that's also not very good. I am looking at the SI3 belly because I really want to try a belly putter and people really seem to love the SI3. Either way, I think the feel of it will be much better than my current putter, so I think it's good to start there. I can always upgrade for more feel when I get older and have some more money. Looking at pictures on the website, the face of the SI3 looks like it is milled, so I'd love to feel this one.

its rough being lefty isnt it? hardly ever get to demo anything.

Here's my take on high end putters vs the rest. I like both. I personally like the feel of the $50 CC#3 I have and I've putted ok with it. I'm putting much better with the DB4x, but I don't think that has a thing to do with the price of the putter.

Putters like the DB4x are nice to have because they are a piece of hand made American craftsmanship. They are special in that way. I think feel is all subjective anyway. It's common to hear how 'soft' a $300 putter is, but you won't find anything 'softer' than some inserts. I think that milled faces are firm and can be anything from plush to clicky to tingy, etc. It's all sound and you'll find what you like if you want to.

In the meantime, focus on a design that works for your stroke or build a stroke around a putter that works.

Thanks Hawk, that was kind of my thinking too. Since I can't demo any of these, I think I may just pull the trigger on the SI3 Belly. Though that new round-faced putter has me intrigued. I'll let you guys know if/when I order it and certainly post pics.

I'll just throw this out there because it's late. Take it for what you will :)

Skip the belly. Get the Si3 with the center shaft. Really throw yourself into the O'Brien method. You're young and have natural ability. I bet you could come away a MUCH better putter if you did it.

Back