The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But doesn't the Monday Night game get picked when the schedules are done? I thought that the Sunday night game could be changed as the network sees fit.

They can flex games to Sunday night, but they can only do that late in the season.

But doesn't the Monday Night game get picked when the schedules are done? I thought that the Sunday night game could be changed as the network sees fit.

CBS and FOX when the scheduals are put out can "block" a few certain games each week and then NBC and ESPN then pick in some manner from the games that are not saved by the two previous companies. THen when week 10 hits, NBC can drop the games that they picked and use another game from the pool of games that were not saved by CBS or FOX. Theres more too it than that but thats the gist of it.

EDIT: Yes the MOnday night games are locked.

Ahh OK. Seems like they show the Eagles alot.

Just got my power back. Finally I can watch football. Frank Gore is in beast mode right now. The Niners are finally giving him carries!

Does the nfl hate ESPN? Every sunday night game is two really good teams in a game that seems to matter. The monday night game is always seems to be two teams I could care less about in game that probably means nothing in the long run.

Its seemed to be that way since NBC got their NFL rights back.

Monday night football has no juice any more. The old Monday night vibe is all over NBC now and had been for a bit

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Megatron needs some more catches.

Redskins are officially terrible....great thing for a Cowboys fan.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Megatron catches a 50 plus yarder for a TD but I would like more.

Steelers D looking studly today!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Megatron catches a 50 plus yarder for a TD but I would like more.

Steelers D looking studly today!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Steelers are looking great today. Washington is not. The Niners and Gore are playing well too, albeit against the Browns.

The Detroit-Denver game is completely out of hand. I can't believe how bad the Broncos are.

The Detroit-Denver game is completely out of hand. I can't believe how bad the Broncos are.

And TeBlow just threw an interception that was run back for a 100 yard TD. awesome

And TeBlow just threw an interception that was run back for a 100 yard TD. awesome

Lol. He really isn't that good at football... Meanwhile Tom Brady threw 2 terrible passes in a row on their last drive. Missed one guy wide open 40 yards downfield but failed to lead him.

Lol. He really isn't that good at football... Meanwhile Tom Brady threw 2 terrible passes in a row on their last drive. Missed one guy wide open 40 yards downfield but failed to lead him.

Detroit D is looking good too though.

Im curious as to who the Broncos fans are chanting for now? When Orton was playing, they booed him and chanted for Tebow...now what?

Saw a Florida fan wearing this shirt today, I didnt know what to think.
Spoiler
205c5b8ae9a25bb6224cafcd9a8dd058

I guess the Broncos and Gators have merged to one team now?

Im curious as to who the Broncos fans are chanting for now? When Orton was playing, they booed him and chanted for Tebow...now what?

Isn't Brady Quinn still on the roster? Maybe he is the answer.....
They only have 2 wins, can't rule them out for the Luck Sweepstakes, yet.

I wonder if Ron Rivera is sitting in Charlotte somewhere wondering if he shouldn't have cut John Kasay? Just sayin'.

Time for the Redskins to go back to Grossman. You can't keep that kind of talent on the bench.

Kevin

Time for the Redskins to go back to Grossman. You can't keep that kind of talent on the bench.

Kevin

As long as rex hasnt eaten himself out of the job he should have it.

Kevin

I know. If you're gonna get shut out you might as well get beat worse than that. Man do they suck.

I know. If you're gonna get shut out you might as well get beat worse than that. Man do they suck.

Id take Rex over that turd Blaine Gabbert.

A better win for us today than the score indicated.

Go Steelers!!

Go Steelers!!
Gotta have games like this to prepare for the post-season. A win is a win. Especially against a team like New England. It was definitely not my favorite game for either team.

Let's do this!

Let's do what?

Go Steelers!!

Pats D was horrid. Really really poor. When you only have to punt one time the entire game and it is in the 4th with 4 minutes to go, your offense was pretty efficient and did pretty much whatever they wanted all day. Steelers could have won by 20 if they had converted in the red zone a couple more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back