WGC HSBC Champions Shanghai [Spoilers]

wull

Reaction score
Handicap
well this got underway at silly o'clock,not sure what time it would of been for you's lot over the pond but it's 8.12am over here and they've completed their first round already.

keegan bradley once again is playing well with a first rnd score of -7.

bradley -7
jacobson -5
pelt -5
noren -5

other scores

westwood -3
kaymer -3
mcilroy -2
lewis +6

Keegan is playing well and the talk is if he wins here, he probably secures player of the year honors over here.

If he wins that does make it interesting. I didn't consider him even in the race. But against this field overseas I can see him factoring in. But I think I would still give the edge to LD because of uber consistent overall play.

If he wins that does make it interesting. I didn't consider him even in the race. But against this field overseas I can see him factoring in. But I think I would still give the edge to LD because of uber consistent overall play.

You didn't consider him in the race?!?!!?!? Are you kidding me??? How can you not include Keegan Bradley in the race for POTY?!

Really?

Well, whatever concerning Keegan. What I find even better is that he's playing so well considering he's not of the President's Cup team. I stayed up to watch round 1 and he played flawlessly. He's in such good form right now it's stupid. I love his wedge game. He puts such a nice smooth swing on a wedge, especially for a guy who can bomb it.

IDidn't either. Luke was too consistent. Rookie of the year for sure. POY? Ehhhhhh

POY would be even more of a joke if anyone other than Luke Donald won it because of this tournament.

POY would be even more of a joke if anyone other than Luke Donald won it because of this tournament.

Agreed. They delayed the voting for POY this year for what reason? I really do think Luke Donald should be POY, Keegan ROY. Keegan has had an amazing season...but Donald's consistency (wins, top-10s, top-5s, made cuts) as well as his making history by winning both major tour money list titles...should be a lock, IMO.

Agreed. They delayed the voting for POY this year for what reason? I really do think Luke Donald should be POY, Keegan ROY. Keegan has had an amazing season...but Donald's consistency (wins, top-10s, top-5s, made cuts) as well as his making history by winning both major tour money list titles...should be a lock, IMO.

The guys having a kid for gods sake and they make this event "count" and try to force him to play in it instead of being with his family? Terrible form.

Keegan had a good year but this is Player of the Year. Not player of two-three good weeks and a ton of missed cuts.

Whle I dont necessarily disagree, it is important to distinguish that the PGA Tour POY is a different trophy. Him winning the money title on the Euro Tour has no bearing at all on this race.

I didn't include him because he showed up for two events. The award is for player of the year, LD and WS were consistent all year. That is how I look at it nothing against KB and his major but one major doesn't make POY. This how I have felt since KB won and I have not been a fan of the other two in terms of rooting for them through out the year. But when I put all three head to head, KB is a close 3rd as of right now. If he wins I consider him because a lot of first time major winners fall off the map for a bit before they get their playing legs back. It will he impressive to me if he holds on this week.

I didn't include him because he showed up for two events. The award is for player of the year, LD and WS were consistent all year. That is how I look at it nothing against KB and his major but one major doesn't make POY. This how I have felt since KB won and I have not been a fan of the other two in terms of rooting for them through out the year. But when I put all three head to head, KB is a close 3rd as of right now. If he wins I consider him because a lot of first time major winners fall off the map for a bit before they get their playing legs back. It will he impressive to me if he holds on this week.

Well said.

Whle I dont necessarily disagree, it is important to distinguish that the PGA Tour POY is a different trophy. Him winning the money title on the Euro Tour has no bearing at all on this race.

I know this should not matter but the guy lead both tours. Don't you think this will be in the backs of the voters minds?

I know this should not matter but the guy lead both tours. Don't you think this will be in the backs of the voters minds?

It could be. But using that in the voting to me is no different than saying "well this guy won 3 times so we should forget about the 10 MCs" (assuming he were to win which is a huge assumption).

I guess it boils down to what is more important. Winning or accumulating. And how much weight does a major hold. It makes for good conversation. Lets say for instance a guy won 3 majors, but missed every other cut he played in. I would still think he would be a slam dunk for Player of the year.

Wow Keegan is playing well. I still think Luke is POY even if Keegan wins.

It could be. But using that in the voting to me is no different than saying "well this guy won 3 times so we should forget about the 10 MCs" (assuming he were to win which is a huge assumption).

I guess it boils down to what is more important. Winning or accumulating. And how much weight does a major hold. It makes for good conversation. Lets say for instance a guy won 3 majors, but missed every other cut he played in. I would still think he would be a slam dunk for Player of the year.

I can concede three majors in a year as a slam dunk. I mean you have to be on your game in the majors as you do every week but the mental grind is tougher, so I hear. But this does make for interesting conversation. I'd like to see the PGA set this in stone that this is the last event of the tour season going forward.

I can concede three majors in a year as a slam dunk. I mean you have to be on your game in the majors as you do every week but the mental grind is tougher, so I hear. But this does make for interesting conversation. I'd like to see the PGA set this in stone that this is the last event of the tour season going forward.

Agreed. The PGA Tour definitely needs to work on consistency.

Interesting tweet from the man.....Lee Westwood:

first round 69. 4 behind playing partner@Keegan_Bradley . The US must have a really good team for the presidents cup if he's not in it!

Interesting tweet from the man.....Lee Westwood:

first round 69. 4 behind playing partner@Keegan_Bradley . The US must have a really good team for the presidents cup if he's not in it!

I was wondering where Lee has been, haven't heard from him in a while

I still think its a joke that the PGA tour suddenly decided to delay the vote for POY until after this event, it was a chicken crap move to try and force Luke and Webb to play and it didn't work. They need to put out the schedule of events and the date for voting at the BEGINNING of the season and stick to it.

Whatever.

I think he makes a good, fun, honest point about Keegan and the President's Cup debacle. Keegan played some awesome golf. I watched all of it. The kid can flat out roll the rock too. I don't think he's the POY but man, what a first round. That course can be severely penal if you aren't in the fairway.

Whatever.

I think he makes a good, fun, honest point about Keegan and the President's Cup debacle. Keegan played some awesome golf. I watched all of it. The kid can flat out roll the rock too. I don't think he's the POY but man, what a first round. That course can be severely penal if you aren't in the fairway.

I think he does too. I'm hoping Stricker can't go so that Bradley gets on the team. He's already proven he can play under pressure.

Back