OEM Kevin's driver swing!

So how did the big stick do today playing with Buck?

So how did the big stick do today playing with Buck?

I really struggled at first. Then hit a few good ones as we started the back and then kind of lost it again. It's still a work in progress though and I realize that. But I think it was a little better today. With my struggles I was probably playing a little too long today. Should have moved up to the closer tees.

I really struggled at first. Then hit a few good ones as we started the back and then kind of lost it again. It's still a work in progress though and I realize that. But I think it was a little better today. With my struggles I was probably playing a little too long today. Should have moved up to the closer tees.

i felt bad when that guy said he wanted to play the blues! and i thought he was gonna suck! which wasn't the case at all. i think you were hitting them a lot better on the back 9. was a big improvement once you got back on the swing plane a little more.

i felt bad when that guy said he wanted to play the blues! and i thought he was gonna suck! which wasn't the case at all. i think you were hitting them a lot better on the back 9. was a big improvement once you got back on the swing plane a little more.

Yeah no big deal bro. I agree I was hitting much better on the back. That guy was just down the middle every single shot. It was pretty impressive. I might try to hit the range tomorrow and work on some of these things.

Yeah no big deal bro. I agree I was hitting much better on the back. That guy was just down the middle every single shot. It was pretty impressive. I might try to hit the range tomorrow and work on some of these things.

work on that 2x4 drill i told you about it helped me a lot get on plane... should slow down your back swing a little too id think... Tom Lehman was MONEY today!!!!! i mean i think he missed 1 fairway all day and was only 20-40 yards behind me on most drives.

work on that 2x4 drill i told you about it helped me a lot get on plane... should slow down your back swing a little too id think... Tom Lehman was MONEY today!!!!! i mean i think he missed 1 fairway all day and was only 20-40 yards behind me on most drives.

I will work on that. I swear that dude was Lehmans brother. I think he even had a similar swing too. Trapped the ball like Lehman does.

Try not to work on too much at once, Kevin. You don't want sensory overload! A guy I played with the other day was telling me some things that I just ignored!

I will work on that. I swear that dude was Lehmans brother. I think he even had a similar swing too. Trapped the ball like Lehman does.

yeah it was impressive. i think him and his wife beat me today. ugh! now im depressed again! lol

yeah it was impressive. i think him and his wife beat me today. ugh! now im depressed again! lol

Lol just a bad day dude. I was thinking about it. All the penalty shots, one time I took 3 shots out of the sand, and more then a couple holes I hit 3 wedge shots. No wonder I shot the temperature of Arizona. lol

i know im just messing i actually had a really good time. i really like that course a lot. i had 6 lost balls today so thats solid.

i know im just messing i actually had a really good time. i really like that course a lot. i had 6 lost balls today so thats solid.

That's awesome. I lost two I think maybe three. Both pink too. I'm still mad about that one that I bladed across the green and then lost it in the long grass.

Lol just a bad day dude. I was thinking about it. All the penalty shots, one time I took 3 shots out of the sand, and more then a couple holes I hit 3 wedge shots. No wonder I shot the temperature of Arizona. lol

That's awesome. I lost two I think maybe three. Both pink too. I'm still mad about that one that I bladed across the green and then lost it in the long grass.
Do we have the exact same game? hehe

At least my bag is a lot lighter to carry now. And I can take my 2nd putter out after today's decent performance.

At least my bag is a lot lighter to carry now. And I can take my 2nd putter out after today's decent performance.

You rolled that mini t well. I'd keep that in the bag and practice with it.

I'm planning on it. Only thing I was worried about was with my forward press I felt like I was hitting with the top of the putter instead of the face and got that "ting" sound. Dunno though cause they were rolling pretty good. Maybe I just need it bent a little.

I'm planning on it. Only thing I was worried about was with my forward press I felt like I was hitting with the top of the putter instead of the face and got that "ting" sound. Dunno though cause they were rolling pretty good. Maybe I just need it bent a little.

Yeah I heard that ting sound a few times. I was wondering about that. I've started playing the ball in the middle of my stance now. Seems to be better then playing it forward.

I drained some nice putts today. That's why I won't switch putters. I never made those with the spider ghost.

Skimmed!

Love that you are quiet with your swing. Not a lot of extra movement. Like how you toss the club during your backswing. Maybe toss it up and not so much back. Too far back and not up forces me to make hand and arm adjustments to get back to the ball which makes things OTT. Tell you what, one little adjustment on the backswing and you are there IMO. Maybe let the left side do all the work on the backswing. Looks like the right arm is bringing it back behind you.

Killer swing OEM!

Lesson #1 - Ball position and the baseball stride drill

Lesson #1 - Ball position and the baseball stride drill

I very recently hit that point in my game where I had to finally break down and take a lesson. So, why not at my favorite second home, Golf Galaxy. After all the PGA Pro there already knows me by name ;)

Really, Im doing this for myself. I can put in here what we went over in my lesson and be able to come back and remind myself how not to suck again. And I hope that any THP'ers that might need some drills or light at the end of the tunnel can see my swing and know its not that bad.

First thing I did is explain to him where I was in my swing, where Id been and where I wanted to go. Sort of like breaking the ice. Then he had me take swings so he could evaluate and video. In this screenshot below you will see my old setup to the left and my new setup to the right. Old, ball is back too far and no forward lean of the club. New one has better ball position in the middle and the club leaning forward a bit.

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at83733PM.png

In this next screen shot you will see on the left Sean Ohare and OEM on the right. Huge difference at impact and much of what is hurting my swing. So this is what he wanted to work on first. Getting into a better impact position.

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at84006PM.png

He had me take some baseball swings and said this swing but for golf. And to get that powerful swing to work for golf he had me do the baseball stride drill. You set up to the ball and then move your lead or my left foot over against my right. THEN you take the club back to the top. From there you stride into the swing and through. This is to get to your left side. He wanted to see my right knee driving through impact.

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at83944PM.png

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at92729PM.png

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at92732PM.png

In this screenshot you see I get to a very good finish but at impact Ive lost or given up on the swing so I got to the finish with no power.

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at84135PM.png

In this next screenshot we have fan favorite IJP on the left and OEM on the right. Ive set up very well but once again you will see at impact Ive lost my power.

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at84207PM.png

And at impact, no bueno!

Spoiler
Screenshot2011-12-07at84227PM.png

I actually get to the top in a very good position but as you can see in the impact screenshots I just come out and give up on it. So this is what I'll be working on the next few weeks. I'll be going back right after Christmas for the next lesson and will update this thread again.

This is great info OEM. I wish you luck on your journey.

Have you been working on the drill Tadashi gave you? Where you set the club back at address and do a pump, pump and then swing through? It seems to help me a lot.

Those screenshots were great OEM and I'm looking forward to following your progress as you go forward in this.

Great stuff Kevin, you'll be glad you did this and I wish you all the luck in the world. I can't wait to see how the work is progressing in May.

This is great info OEM. I wish you luck on your journey.

Have you been working on the drill Tadashi gave you? Where you set the club back at address and do a pump, pump and then swing through? It seems to help me a lot.

Yes and no. Im going to drop all other stuff Ive been doing while taking the lessons.

Those screenshots were great OEM and I'm looking forward to following your progress as you go forward in this.

Thanks guys. Look forward to adding some progress in here as I do these lessons.

I only read the first and last page and looked at your first video, but just wanted to wish you good luck.

Back