Me too. Maybe discussing it makes the next guy that sees something like this happen put a stop to it.

I don't think Paterno is a scapegoat at all. If there was pressure or threats made to him, he should have stepped up and done what's right. As should everyone else involved. And they should all be locked away. The heads need to be lopped off starting at the top, and then work the way down until there are no heads left to lop.

TC, are you implying that his life might have been threatened?

Kevin

You need to check out the yahoo sports article someone has posted on here a few posts back. This could be the tip of a disgusting enormous evil iceburg.......

Don't forget about the Athletic Director Curley. I'm amazed he is still employed too

Don't forget about the Athletic Director Curley. I'm amazed he is still employed too

That clock is just about up.

There are so many people from coaches to athletic directors, campus police, to FREAKIN' janitors that saw and/or heard of stuff going on and nobody did sh!t. The whole place should be fired, every last one of them.

You need to check out the yahoo sports article someone has posted on here a few posts back. This could be the tip of a disgusting enormous evil iceburg.......

I've read it and commented on it above. My skin is still crawling at that possibility. The way this is unraveling, it does not seem that impossible. And there are going to be investigators that are not going to let this rest. If true it makes those incidents where people have used day care facilities to abuse children look like nothing.

It reminds me of the BBC Red Riding movie trilogy. Which I believe was in some way based on real events.

Kevin

There are so many people from coaches to athletic directors, campus police, to FREAKIN' janitors that saw and/or heard of stuff going on and nobody did sh!t. The whole place should be fired, every last one of them.

they can't even interview the one janitor because he's in a home now suffering from dementia.

Me too. Maybe discussing it makes the next guy that sees something like this happen put a stop to it.

I don't think Paterno is a scapegoat at all. If there was pressure or threats made to him, he should have stepped up and done what's right. As should everyone else involved. And they should all be locked away. The heads need to be lopped off starting at the top, and then work the way down until there are no heads left to lop.

TC, are you implying that his life might have been threatened?

Kevin

I'm just saying that I think he feels like he went through the right channels based on something he HEARD. He didn't witness anything. I think he probably regrets going through those channels now, but I think he feels like he did the right thing. I also think that whoever the hell he took it too could see that if this got out, it would be severely damaging. Don't think for a second that a school like Penn State relies on that football revenue. I don't know about his life being threatened but I bet anything he was told that everything would be taken care of and he shouldn't worry about it any longer.

Paterno is not a scapegoat. A scapegoat has no real involvement but is being blamed anyway. Paterno is and was involved. Nobody there at that University had more real power to get things done than Paterno. He could have stopped this years ago with one phone call.

That's my point, I don't think he had any real involvement. Like I said, he wasn't a witness to these atrocious acts. I think he felt like he went about it in the manner he was suppose to. Obviously, now that wasn't the right way but at the time, what's he suppose to do? You are putting way too much of the responsibility on a football coach's shoulders. He isn't the most powerful person at Penn State, no way!

I've read it and commented on it above. My skin is still crawling at that possibility. The way this is unraveling, it does not seem that impossible. And there are going to be investigators that are not going to let this rest. If true it makes those incidents where people have used day care facilities to abuse children look like nothing.

It reminds me of the BBC Red Riding movie trilogy. Which I believe was in some way based on real events.

Kevin

Sorry- I couldn't remember who posted or commented on it. Great points and connection with the BBC piece- I remember reading about that.

I'm just saying that I think he feels like he went through the right channels based on something he HEARD. He didn't witness anything. I think he probably regrets going through those channels now, but I think he feels like he did the right thing. I also think that whoever the hell he took it too could see that if this got out, it would be severely damaging. Don't think for a second that a school like Penn State relies on that football revenue. I don't know about his life being threatened but I bet anything he was told that everything would be taken care of and he shouldn't worry about it any longer.

That's my point, I don't think he had any real involvement. Like I said, he wasn't a witness to these atrocious acts. I think he felt like he went about it in the manner he was suppose to. Obviously, now that wasn't the right way but at the time, what's he suppose to do? You are putting way too much of the responsibility on a football coach's shoulders. He isn't the most powerful person at Penn State, no way!

QFT: At least as of last night

Guys - the freaking GOVERNOR of PA was the DA that decided not to bring charges against Sandusky. If you think this isn't going to explode further you are nuts.

A program is always more powerful than the coach. I hate to burst any bubbles. They have been and will continue to be. Far too many rich and powerful people (alumns) have far more to do with things than I think any of us can imagine. The firing of Jo Pa last night just proves that. We can speculate all we want to, but even that article linked above, the author says a few times that a lot of that has yet to be confirmed. I just think it's important to try to deal with facts. And the fact is, Paterno went through the proper channels of reporting something he heard. Did he know more, or witness more? I don't know.

Sorry- I couldn't remember who posted or commented on it. Great points and connection with the BBC piece- I remember reading about that.

Those movies were AWESOME.

TC, I guess I'm so disappointed in Paterno. How could possibly feel what he did was enough. Especially when Sandusky was still hanging around the campus. Especially when it looks like more and more one of the reasons he retired was because of the 1998 incident.

Too much of this doesn't make sense, and I'll be very surprised if all the threads aren't tied together somewhere down the road. While the yahoo piece may only be a rumor at this point, many rumors have some basis in fact. It doesn't seem totally improbable to me at this point that Jerry Sandusky might not be the only monster abusing these Second Mile kids.

I'm not suggesting Paterno would be a pedophile, but maybe some other big money donors.

Kevin

Guys - the freaking GOVERNOR of PA was the DA that decided not to bring charges against Sandusky. If you think this isn't going to explode further you are nuts.

That little nugget slipped by me. Unreal.

Kevin

That little nugget slipped by me. Unreal.

Kevin

Crazy right? I heard that this morning at like 5:30 am on talk radio - sure enough it's true......

Those movies were AWESOME.

TC, I guess I'm so disappointed in Paterno. How could possibly feel what he did was enough. Especially when Sandusky was still hanging around the campus. Especially when it looks like more and more one of the reasons he retired was because of the 1998 incident.

Too much of this doesn't make sense, and I'll be very surprised if all the threads aren't tied together somewhere down the road. While the yahoo piece may only be a rumor at this point, many rumors have some basis in fact. It doesn't seem totally improbable to me at this point that Jerry Sandusky might not be the only monster abusing these Second Mile kids.

I'm not suggesting Paterno would be a pedophile, but maybe some other big money donors.

Kevin

Look, i agree with you, but my point from earlier was, what if Paterno did want to do more, but he was threatened in some way? I mean, we're talking about big money donors, hell even elected officials. I don't think we know how deep this thing could go. I don't know man, I'm just saying that it's hard to be so hateful on the guy when we don't know all the facts. If it comes out that he was behind a video camera taping this crap, then I'll bash him, but we don't know. The true evil in this is Sandusky.

A program is always more powerful than the coach. I hate to burst any bubbles. They have been and will continue to be. Far too many rich and powerful people (alumns) have far more to do with things than I think any of us can imagine. The firing of Jo Pa last night just proves that. We can speculate all we want to, but even that article linked above, the author says a few times that a lot of that has yet to be confirmed. I just think it's important to try to deal with facts. And the fact is, Paterno went through the proper channels of reporting something he heard. Did he know more, or witness more? I don't know.

You hit on something there. There seems to be a discrepancy as to what he was told. In the report it says that he was told there was some inappropriate contact, and other places he was told what really was going on in the shower. If he was really told what was going on in the shower than I don't think he went through the proper channels at all.

You hit on something there. There seems to be a discrepancy as to what he was told. In the report it says that he was told there was some inappropriate contact, and other places he was told what really was going on in the shower. If he was really told what was going on in the shower than I don't think he went through the proper channels at all.

Agreed. But we don't know. That's my point. I think the focus should be more on the scum hole that was actually known for committing the crime.

Look, i agree with you, but my point from earlier was, what if Paterno did want to do more, but he was threatened in some way? I mean, we're talking about big money donors, hell even elected officials. I don't think we know how deep this thing could go. I don't know man, I'm just saying that it's hard to be so hateful on the guy when we don't know all the facts. If it comes out that he was behind a video camera taping this crap, then I'll bash him, but we don't know. The true evil in this is Sandusky.

That's why I asked you about your initial comments about Joe being threatened. That could very well be possible. I'm kind of letting this run crazy in my mind, but how can't you? I agree about how much power big money donors could or can have. Right now there is a missing DA, a former DA that decided not to charge Sandusky that is now governor. What the hell? This is becoming more bizarre by the minute.

Kevin

Just heard on sports talk radio that the NCAA has said there were no rules violations involved in this whole fiasco.
Looks like they are trying to distance themselves from the whole thing...

Just heard on sports talk radio that the NCAA has said there were no rules violations involved in this whole fiasco.
Looks like they are trying to distance themselves from the whole thing...

Nope no rules violations....but if anyone had taken $200 they'd be right on it. What a bunch of effing tools.

That's why I asked you about your initial comments about Joe being threatened. That could very well be possible. I'm kind of letting this run crazy in my mind, but how can't you? I agree about how much power big money donors could or can have. Right now there is a missing DA, a former DA that decided not to charge Sandusky that is now governor. What the hell? This is becoming more bizarre by the minute.

Kevin

That's exactly where my head is dude. I could see Jo Pa walking into the AD's office saying he's going to the cops, then blamo! the AD lays down the hammer, saying if he does he'll burn down the Program he helped build, he'll implement him in it, he'll implement him in covering it up and it'll tarnish the 50+ years who put in there, it'll destroy his family. I mean, who freaking knows how deep and nasty this runs.

That's exactly where my head is dude. I could see Jo Pa walking into the AD's office saying he's going to the cops, then blamo! the AD lays down the hammer, saying if he does he'll burn down the Program he helped build, he'll implement him in it, he'll implement him in covering it up and it'll tarnish the 50+ years who put in there, it'll destroy his family. I mean, who freaking knows how deep and nasty this runs.

could have happened that way. But at what point do you say "Fine, at least I am saving young boys from a pedophile"

could have happened that way. But at what point do you say "Fine, at least I am saving young boys from a pedophile"

That could depend on if/how severe the threats were man. That's what I'm saying.

Back