Tom Bradley is the interim head coach. Pretty sad how the big story is all about the football team rather than these kids, including a 10 yo.

Bradley just said that McQuery will be coaching on Saturday, but not sure if on the field or not.

Tom Bradley is the interim head coach. Pretty sad how the big story is all about the football team rather than these kids, including a 10 yo.

Some were much younger than that. If you have read the document from the Grand Jury, it makes you wonder how anyone that knew ANY of this did nothing about it. It literally made me sick, and then very angered. How this Sandusky guy did what was told be the victims, AT the Penn State football facilities is disturbing.

I have lost all respect for just about anything Penn State.

Bradley just said that McQuery will be coaching on Saturday, but not sure if on the field or not.

that's horrible IMO

So just heard a report that Sandusky was at the Penn State campus as recent as last week and that the school still gives him an office to work out of!! WTF!?!

So just heard a report that Sandusky was at the Penn State campus as recent as last week and that the school still gives him an office to work out of!! WTF!?!

There was talk of this earlier in the week, apparently he was at the Penn State gym working out, which is something he does quite often.

If it turns out to be true that a deal was made to keep all this quiet in exchange for Sandusky retiring and basically just to stop doing this abuse there at the school, not bringing kids there,, then all of these people should go to jail. Firing is only the first step. Allowing this predator to continue to operate anywhere is reprehensible and if it happened on campus and they knew about it and covered it up that is a federal crime. Don't be surprised if Joe Pa and the rest of his cronies there are indicted. They run that town and they covered this up to protect themselves, to protect Sandusky, to protect the school's image, many things, but the one thing they failed to do is protect these kids.

I don't really but this argument... The grand jury report discussed that one of the victims was with Sandusky in 1999 when Paterno told Sandusky he wasn't retiring any time soon, and thus Sandusky would not be the next head coach. Sandusky felt betrayed, since there was a verbal agreement in place for him to take over when Joe Pa stepped down, and retired. Allegedly the rift between him and Joe was severe enough that they weren't on speaking terms from that point on. Also Sandusky wasn't told he couldn't bring kids on campus in 2002, 3 years after his retirement, following PSU's "investigation" into the rape McQueary witnessed.

Either way, it's pretty apparent the Administration orchestrated a cover up. Whether or not Paterno or any others on the football staff were involved or knew about the cover up remains to be seen. Given Paterno wasn't charged with perjury, it's possible to assume his testimony was consistent with McQueary's as far as what McQueary told Joe he witnessed. However, if you are the DA aren't you trying to fry the bigger fish? So by charging the less known people in the cash the DA has created the possibility to a plea deal in exchange for testimony against Paterno and Univ President Spanier regarding the cover up. It will be interesting to see this unravel in the next few weeks.

Its sad just about every news outlet is focusing on Paterno and the football team, and not the victims or the scumbag who perpetrated these heinous acts!

If all they told Sandusky after they found out about it was to quit bringing kids on campus, then isn't that the same as saying that they acknowleged/accepted what he was doing, did nothing to report/stop him, and just wanted him to do it somewhere else?

Truly disgusting...

I don't really but this argument... The grand jury report discussed that one of the victims was with Sandusky in 1999 when Paterno told Sandusky he wasn't retiring any time soon, and thus Sandusky would not be the next head coach. Sandusky felt betrayed, since there was a verbal agreement in place for him to take over when Joe Pa stepped down, and retired. Allegedly the rift between him and Joe was severe enough that they weren't on speaking terms from that point on. Also Sandusky wasn't told he couldn't bring kids on campus in 2002, 3 years after his retirement, following PSU's "investigation" into the rape McQueary witnessed.

Either way, it's pretty apparent the Administration orchestrated a cover up. Whether or not Paterno or any others on the football staff were involved or knew about the cover up remains to be seen. Given Paterno wasn't charged with perjury, it's possible to assume his testimony was consistent with McQueary's as far as what McQueary told Joe he witnessed. However, if you are the DA aren't you trying to fry the bigger fish? So by charging the less known people in the cash the DA has created the possibility to a plea deal in exchange for testimony against Paterno and Univ President Spanier regarding the cover up. It will be interesting to see this unravel in the next few weeks.

Its sad just about every news outlet is focusing on Paterno and the football team, and not the victims or the scumbag who perpetrated these heinous acts!

If not these charges of molestation then what else would have caused this 'rift' as you put it between Paterno and Sandusky? Also, why didn't Sandusky just go somewhere else to work as a football coach at that point? Because he had his protective bubble there that allowed him to continue to do what he was doing. That is why the focus is on the coaches and on the football program and the people in that program that knew about this situation and his actions and failed to do what they should have done.

If not these charges of molestation then what else would have caused this 'rift' as you put it between Paterno and Sandusky? Also, why didn't Sandusky just go somewhere else to work as a football coach at that point? Because he had his protective bubble there that allowed him to continue to do what he was doing. That is why the focus is on the coaches and on the football program and the people in that program that knew about this situation and his actions and failed to do what they should have done.

Sandusky was promised Paterno's job when he retired. He felt lied to and betrayed. He wanted to be a head coach, possibly he passed up other HC opportunities along the way, but he felt at his age it would be difficult for him to find a HC position at another major D1 school. This info is based on Mike Missanelli, who wrote a book on Penn State's perfect season in 1987 and seemed to have some access to the staff/athletic department at PSU. He hosts of sportstalk show on ESPN radio in Philly. Maybe the story is the perfect cover, maybe not. The grand jury report certain corroborated the fact that Sandusky was upset when learning he would not be the next HC at PSU.

possible skim alert but I just read this...http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ycn-10407023

maybe nothing but on the other hand it explains a lot

It's surprising that this guy reported the Grand Jury investigation on Sandusky back in April and nobody else caught wind of it... of course I guess nothing should be surprising when something like this involves a program and university that generates hundreds of millions in revenue!

I was just reading the same article. God I hope that's not true.

This! Pray that this is unfounded/ not true.

I heard that rumor mentioned on Cowherd's show today. Reading the article my skin literally was crawling. If it turns out there are donors involved in something so monstrous, this is going to be one of the biggest stories of this young century. I can only imagine the journalists chomping to get to the bottom of this now the news has spread beyond the boundaries of what is now not so Happy a Valley.

Kevin

You guys honestly don't think that Paterno went to whoever he was suppose to and they told him to do what was best for the Program he had built? Seriously, a scandal like that gets out and it cripples a program. I'm not saying that was right or it excuses anyone's actions but I'm almost certain that the powers that be swept this under the rug, initially, so that it didn't do the damage that we're seeing right now. College Football is such a massive business, especially at Penn States level, that I'm sure there were far more people involved with keeping this quiet or whatever. Blaming Paterno and using him as a scapegoat is so wrong. It's my opinion that he went through the proper channels. I think now we are seeing that he wishes he would've just involved the authorities. But there's no telling what kind of threats were being made against him from those behind the program.

\

That is disturbing, very very disturbing. I really hope that this is not true at all.

wow just when you thought it couldnt get any worse

Lets see if we can keep talking about it and rehashing this story for as long as ESPN does. Over and over and over and over. :confused2:

I can understand that some people don't want to discuss this anymore and obviously rehashing it doesn't really do anything but let people vent and or voice an opinion. But, that being said, I'm not sure that this can be discussed enough. This is the biggest/worst sports related scandal that has ever taken place in my lifetime - and each time I think the bottom has fallen out, something else comes to the surface. Sorry for those who want this thread or story to end, but I'll discuss it as long as other people want to.

I can understand that some people don't want to discuss this anymore and obviously rehashing it doesn't really do anything but let people vent and or voice an opinion. But, that being said, I'm not sure that this can be discussed enough. This is the biggest/worst sports related scandal that has ever taken place in my lifetime - and each time I think the bottom has fallen out, something else comes to the surface. Sorry for those who want this thread or story to end, but I'll discuss it as long as other people want to.

Me too. Maybe discussing it makes the next guy that sees something like this happen put a stop to it.

I don't think Paterno is a scapegoat at all. If there was pressure or threats made to him, he should have stepped up and done what's right. As should everyone else involved. And they should all be locked away. The heads need to be lopped off starting at the top, and then work the way down until there are no heads left to lop.

TC, are you implying that his life might have been threatened?

Kevin

Paterno is not a scapegoat. A scapegoat has no real involvement but is being blamed anyway. Paterno is and was involved. Nobody there at that University had more real power to get things done than Paterno. He could have stopped this years ago with one phone call.

Back