PING Golf Bag Forum Testing Thread

omikey, you sir deserve one of these:

:clapp:

Well Done!

Cuz you put on a show with that pretty new Ping bag dude :blob:! Heck of a way to get out attention and we could use you in the Christmas parade tonight in Gray, Ga. :D
Well short of coming all the way over to Gray I had to do something so yall would know that I'm over here :laughing: I'll have lots of input on the bag, so stay tuned :)

Mike - I say his with the utmost respect, but you sir are a cartoon character.
Thank You Sir ! I appreciate it!

Thank you for the vids mikey. I like the looks of that bag even more now. Especially how the cooler pocket is lined and the design of the side pocket locations.

--
tapatalk
SW you're Welcome ! I am happy to be of some service to the members ! I'll have more details on the bag coming soon!!

Just one thing to mention since you brought up the beverage pocket ... it is lined, on both sides, and has two weep holes in the bottom. One could put some ice in there with your drinks, the pocket is also insulated ..... how well I don't know, and this time of year is not going to be good for testing that :D

Stay tuned !!

Thank you Nate !!!

Very nice bag. Looked awesome pulling it out of that box. Way to set the bar really high with that first vid. :)

Can't wait for real-world stuff.

Pings are my favorite bags by far! Just give me one with a cooler pocket, and I'm good to go!

O Mikey....I am not sure what you are on....but by god you need to be sharing with some of us...:rofl:

Dude you got some crazy energy going on.!!!

Nice unboxing video and I am sure you will do a great job with the reviews!

OMikey -
You are one funny dude, I about lost it when you came out in those socks and that hat. Well done. You set the bar high for comedy, i loved the tallboy inside the cooler pocket too. Hilarious. I also liked that it just wasn't comedy. The walkthrough of the bag loading handles and putting it on the cart was helpful. I've never used a full cart bag, so your walkthrough really helped give me an idea why people like them so much.

There are some great reviews in here, great job testers. Sounds like Ping made some quality bags that fit everyone for the most part. Storage is key for me so Hoofer sound like its still a winner

Sounds like Ping made some quality bags that fit everyone for the most part.

This has been my ultimate takeaway so far in the testing. Depending on what you want most in a bag, one of these bags seems to be able to fit each segment of the market. The 4 Series does have a few things I would change, but overall I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an ultra lightweight stand bag.

Awesome videos - that made my day!

I purchased the 2012 Ping Hoofer and am generally happy. However, I just noticed that the dividers aren't connected at the sides (only at the tops). When pulling a club out of the bag, it will occasionally snag the grip of another club in a different slot because the dividers arent fully connected all the way thru.

Has anyone else noticed this? And why wouldn't Ping attach dividers the full length of the bag?

I purchased the 2012 Ping Hoofer and am generally happy. However, I just noticed that the dividers aren't connected at the sides (only at the tops). When pulling a club out of the bag, it will occasionally snag the grip of another club in a different slot because the dividers arent fully connected all the way thru.

Has anyone else noticed this? And why wouldn't Ping attach dividers the full length of the bag?

Skimmer :confused2:!! JR found this issue and reported it to us 3 pages back. The dividers on the 4 Series are the same way, they are not attached to the sides of the bag. The dividers on the 4 Series aren't even full length, they are more like 3/4 length. Only reason I can think why Ping wouldn't attach them is because of cost. This would be one of the things I would recommend they change for the '13 line of bags.

I am in the hunt for a new bag and omikey you just put the Pioneer in the top 5 of my list.

Pics uploading now. High res, so it will take a little while. Be updated by 8 pm, I got chores to do.

Disregard this post, i am an idiot.

Last edited:
SDC10139.jpg
SDC10141.jpg
SDC10143.jpg
SDC10145.jpg
SDC10146.jpg
SDC10147.jpg
SDC10148.jpg
SDC10149.jpg

Shows the bags interior, strap system, and loaded pic.

Wow, I just realized how dirty that corner of my room is. Good lord....

I am in the hunt for a new bag and omikey you just put the Pioneer in the top 5 of my list.

Alrighty Then !!

BUT don't do anything YET, I have a LOT of stuff to look at and report on. Got rained out today so I never made it to the range or course. Tomorrow is questionable.

I will have SOMETHING to report on tomorrow for sure. If nothing else I will be making some 'observations' here at the house and taking some pictures for everyone to ck out.

Alrighty Then !!

BUT don't do anything YET, I have a LOT of stuff to look at and report on. Got rained out today so I never made it to the range or course. Tomorrow is questionable.

I will have SOMETHING to report on tomorrow for sure. If nothing else I will be making some 'observations' here at the house and taking some pictures for everyone to ck out.

Oh trust me I am going to wait for a bit i want to see and read more of your thoughts on this bag.

omikey that made me laugh alot. The actual review was great too. I'm looking forward to seeing how you go with the bag as the staff bag I have now just doesn't fit on my push buggy very well.

LOL, I am a teenager, and not a very neat on at that...
It also looks like you have an empty keg cup in your top drawer :act-up:

Always been a fan of Ping bags. Owned several through the years, and they've all been great. Their carry bags are second to none.

Testing/Review: 2012 Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
Color Scheme: Black/White/Charcoal
Pockets: 9
Dividers: 14 way full lenght
Putter Well: Yes
Bag type: Cart

Bag being replaced:
Datrek
Color Scheme: Black
Dividers: 14 way full lenght

Gonna be tough to live up to that first video, and no videos tonight, sorry, but CHEER UP !!! There WILL BE MORE coming :twist:

First I wanted to cover something that I forgot/passed over on my initial impressions review. I saw part of this, and part of it I DID NOT KNOW. I have started making a list of things that I 'THINK' would be 'nice to have' .... then I found the first thing on the list already in this bag !!!! WHOOOT

I mentioned the valuables pocket right in the front of the bag but I forgot to mention that there are also two additional valuables pockets. One on either side of the bag, both of them are velour lined to treat your stuff tenderly.

Here's where they are located, just on either side of the Ping Man (ain't he cute :laughing: ):
IMG_8648.jpg

This is the one on the left side:
IMG_8646.jpg

This is the one on the right side - notice anything 'different ? special ? :
IMG_8645.jpg

Look at this - YES, that's right folks !! it has a WATERPROOF ZIPPER on it !!!! HOT DAWG !!:
IMG_8643.jpg

now of course in order to insure that your stuff is FULLY protected that part of the outside of the pocket must be waterproof too, I don't know about that, YET! But I WILL TEST this, even if I have to put the hose on it :laughing:

I did take the bag to the range today. I have some pictures, uploading, with the bag on the Bag Boy. I have a few comments on that also coming up in the next post, Stay Tuned !

Last edited:
Testing/Review: 2012 Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
Color Scheme: Black/White/Charcoal
Dividers: 14 way full length

Bag being replaced:
Datrek - Circa 2004
Color Scheme: Black
Dividers: 14 way full length

Yesterday 12/7/2011 I was rained out, so I spent the day playing with the new bag. I started loaded all my gear in it and realized just how much room there is in this bag. I don't have 'ALL' of my winter gear in the bag, YET, but am feeling VERY CONFIDENT that there is ample room to carry what I need/want.

Funny how you get used to your 'old' gear, and just ignore all the little things that 'bug' you about it, and also how you take some of the good things about it for granted.

Zippers:
MAN OH MAN !!! there is a WORLD of difference in the zippers and the zipper pulls. The zippers on the Ping bag work effortlessly !!! They are SMOOTH, non binding, no snagging, and the pulls are the easiest things to grab a hold of, I'm LOVING this part of the bag !!

Here's some pictures of the old and new:

Datrek bag
- this problem is not isolated to just this one pocket. Something that I wanted to point out here because I believe it's a big quality improvement in the Ping bag .... notice where I show you the 'zipper bites' - in the Dartek bag this edging is covered with a plastic, and the zipper just ate it for lunch, which then became my long term problem.

IMG_8636.jpg

IMG_8638.jpg

IMG_8639.jpg

Ping Bag - notice that the rib that goes around the inside of the zipper (they all have this, it has to be there, it's the way the zippers are sewn into the bag) that it is more substantial and covered with FABRIC not plastic. It appears to me that this will not become an issue like it was with the Datrek.

IMG_8641.jpg

IMG_8642.jpg

Zippers blown out and exposed:
Datrek:

IMG_8640.jpg

Ping:
Besides the one I'm points at (it's the waterproof one) but look at the one just past my hand. You can barely see the zipper. All of the zippers are well protected and not exposed.

IMG_8643.jpg

Conclusion:

Ping put a lot of thought in the design around the zippers in this bag. I saw, I think JR, mention that he thought the zippers were from YKK. I don't know where they are from but they are high quality and designed well into the bag.

I'm VERY VERY excited and HAPPY about the waterproof pocket. My UproGo IS NOT waterproof, neither is my phone, or my wallet, etc.

To me, this is a GREAT feature in this bag.

Back