Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

OK, new setup thought

J40 445 9.5º with ProjectX 6.0
J40 14º with PX 6.0
J40 18º with PX 6.0
J40 3-pw with KBS Tour Stiff
J40 Black wedges 51º and 57º

Looks solid Seth. I don't even know where to start w/ shaft pondering. Looks like you feel comfortable in that department.

Okay I guess I don't know that much about clubs at all. I explained to the guy the way I wanted to play my wedges and he suggested 2 for me 54* and 58* and I guess i've figured out how to make them work for me. I guess I'm behind on the times when it comes to this. My bag set up may end up looking horrid...

Only issue I see with that is the 8 degree gap from the PW to the 54.

If I were you, assuming you are happy with your current setup, I would look at the lofts of your entire bag and compare that to the Bridgestone offerings. I am basically keeping mine the same except that I am dropping the 21* and adding an 18*. So my biggest gap is 18* to 24* (4h) and then I have the wedges setup how I am used to.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Looks solid Seth. I don't even know where to start w/ shaft pondering. Looks like you feel comfortable in that department.

The PX shafts are solid! I bought a driver from OEM that had a 5.5 shaft in it and it was just smooth. A bit on the light side for me, but still a great shaft. I believe that these are the stock shafts for Bridgestone and if they liked the combo, then I do too.

OK, new setup thought

J40 445 9.5º with ProjectX 6.0
J40 14º with PX 6.0
J40 18º with PX 6.0
J40 3-pw with KBS Tour Stiff
J40 Black wedges 51º and 57º
I'm thinking something similar, probably no 3i but a 3h instead..

as far as shafts, I have no idea!!! But here is what I think i'm going to do. Tentatively:

J40 430 driver
J40 14*
J40 18*
J40 21*
J40 24*
J40 DPC 5-PW
J40 54* BOW
J40 58* BOW
Signature Model Three flat stick!!

as far as shafts, I have no idea!!! But here is what I think i'm going to do. Tentatively:

J40 430 driver
J40 14*
J40 18*
J40 21*
J40 24*
J40 DPC 5-PW
J40 54* BOW
J40 58* BOW
Signature Model Three flat stick!!

No concerns with an 8 degree gap between PW & 54?

Tappin' from my iPad!

No concerns with an 8 degree gap between PW & 54?

Tappin' from my iPad!

it's pretty close to the set up I have now. Can you educate me a little Cookie (seriously). I don't know much about degree gaps or lofts for that matter. Could you explain why this should concern me. I don't seem to have an issue now. Well, let me rephrase that. I don't think I have an issue...

it's pretty close to the set up I have now. Can you educate me a little Cookie (seriously). I don't know much about degree gaps or lofts for that matter. Could you explain why this should concern me. I don't seem to have an issue now. Well, let me rephrase that. I don't think I have an issue...

The think is a J40 52* wedge (or GW/AW as a lot call it) would ideally fill the yardage gap between your J40 PW and J40 SW. But if you don't need and youre fine with you PW it allows some other options elsewhere in the bag.

I absolutely love the options Bridgestone provides because it feels like everything was thought of with "the lets keep this line as tight as possible" train of thought.

And you may not if that is what you are used to. I believe you said in PM that you were very comfortable with 3/4 wedge shots and if thats the case then you are good.

I think most people try to keep the wedge loft gaps closer to 5 degrees.....at least from what I have seen. But it looks like even Seth is thinking about a 6 degree gap. All about your comfort zone. Play what works!!

I was just throwing it out there in case you had not already considered it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Most would likely go with the 52* and split the gap a little more evenly.

The think is a J40 52* wedge (or GW/AW as a lot call it) would ideally fill the yardage gap between your J40 PW and J40 SW. But if you don't need and youre fine with you PW it allows some other options elsewhere in the bag.

I absolutely love the options Bridgestone provides because it feels like everything was thought of with "the lets keep this line as tight as possible" train of thought.

so are you talking about using it from shots like 40-50 yards out say with a full swing? I've always just taken an easier swing with my 54. And I seem to do okay with it. Except that I will leave it a little short sometimes. I won't ever hit to far that way tho. It's a deceleration issue when its short or a fat shot. Thanks for the help!

so are you talking about using it from shots like 40-50 yards out say with a full swing? I've always just taken an easier swing with my 54. And I seem to do okay with it. Except that I will leave it a little short sometimes. I won't ever hit to far that way tho. It's a deceleration issue when its short or a fat shot. Thanks for the help!

Kinda! PM me and we can talk off the thread aboot the gap stuff :)

Anyone else drooling at the possibility of some of those shaft options? I'm going graphite but the amount of options out there is amazing. I didn't realize how many they had until I started dissecting their site! haha.

And you may not if that is what you are used to. I believe you said in PM that you were very comfortable with 3/4 wedge shots and if thats the case then you are good.

I think most people try to keep the wedge loft gaps closer to 5 degrees.....at least from what I have seen. But it looks like even Seth is thinking about a 6 degree gap. All about your comfort zone. Play what works!!

I was just throwing it out there in case you had not already considered it.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I don't have an issue with 3/4 shots. But this may be something to consider. I was just going off someone else's advice when I got my wedges since I don't know much about them. And got use to doing it. Another question. I chip with my 54 too. If i switch to a 52 how would that change chipping?

Shaft pondering is the next place I am going. I really don't have much experience with it though outside a shaft optimizer fitting and knowing I love the shaft in my current 3W.

Kinda! PM me and we can talk off the thread aboot the gap stuff :)

Anyone else drooling at the possibility of some of those shaft options? I'm going graphite but the amount of options out there is amazing. I didn't realize how many they had until I started dissecting their site! haha.

No doubt on the shafts!! I am already just about sold on PX 5.0 graphite on driver, FW, hybrids, and irons. I don't swing fast, very tempo based, and watching chunky with those iron shafts just about has me sold.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Shaft pondering is the next place I am going. I really don't have much experience with it though outside a shaft optimizer fitting and knowing I love the shaft in my current 3W.[/QUOTE

I don't know shafts either! The only shaft that I have in my clubs that I can say I actually love, is the one that is in the YONEX I tested!! It was/is a sweet shaft.

When I got my clubs. They told me my 6i swing speed was 89-91. So I don't know what shafts to get. or where to even start.

I don't have an issue with 3/4 shots. But this may be something to consider. I was just going off someone else's advice when I got my wedges since I don't know much about them. And got use to doing it. Another question. I chip with my 54 too. If i switch to a 52 how would that change chipping?

If you do switch, the 52 just would not carry as much - slightly lower trajectory with more runout.

I would really recommend keeping everything as close as possible to your current setup, not knowing how much time we will have them before that Friday, the better you can feel about distances/shot selections now the better you will be during the event IMO.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I think I'll be going stock shafts all the way down the lineup. I mean the stock shafts are Project X, can't argue with that. I love the PX Flighted shafts in the irons and have used and loved PX graphite shafts in drivers and hybrids, should work great all the way down for me.

Bridgestone has a ton of shaft options. Right now I'm just stuck on their stock option - Project X. It would be pretty cool if they will offer the newer PX shafts which are supposed to be lighter. I've played the PX 6.0 in my driver before and really liked it.

I may have missed it but is anyone considering going with the Cavity Backs? I'm curious what some other THP'ers would do as well!

I may have missed it but is anyone considering going with the Cavity Backs? I'm curious what some other THP'ers would do as well!

I know some mentioned the possibility of a split set. Not me, DPC's all the way!!!

If you do switch, the 52 just would not carry as much - slightly lower trajectory with more runout.

I would really recommend keeping everything as close as possible to your current setup, not knowing how much time we will have them before that Friday, the better you can feel about distances/shot selections now the better you will be during the event IMO.

Tappin' from my iPad!

maybe that is what I need so I don't leave such long putts! you might be right Cookie. I'm not scared to try something new. it's easier to put it closer than make a longer putt for me.

Bridgestone has a ton of shaft options. Right now I'm just stuck on their stock option - Project X. It would be pretty cool if they will offer the newer PX shafts which are supposed to be lighter. I've played the PX 6.0 in my driver before and really liked it.

I think I'll be going stock shafts all the way down the lineup. I mean the stock shafts are Project X, can't argue with that. I love the PX Flighted shafts in the irons and have used and loved PX graphite shafts in drivers and hybrids, should work great all the way down for me.

I would love that too Dean. I agree P4B the fact that the PX flighted is standard, that's some serious pondering for me. Steel just kills me but man, I love a good flighted shaft.

Back